Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Marian Gaborik Trade Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
If you are Minnesota Wild GM Doug Reisbrough do you trade Marian Gaborik at the deadline for whatever you can get or do you hold on to him and hope he can help your teams playoff push and try to resign him in the off-season?

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Choices:

Trade him for whatever you can get
Hang onto him for the playoffs and try to resign him
Hold onto him for the playoffs and let him walk in the summer

Edited by - Matt_Roberts85 on 02/05/2009 11:39:26

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have already tried to sign Gaborik. They offered him something around $6 million/year. He turned it down because he thinks he is worth around $8 million. Also, he supposidly stated he does not want to return to Minnesota. He was not happy that Minny let Demitra go to Vancouver in the off season as a Free Agent.

That being said, I would think the value for Gaborik is still pretty high even though he is often injured. However, if it is still injured at the deadline, no one will pick him up. If healthy, he might leave.

I would think that knowing he is unlikely to resign, Minny will be taking a look at most offers for him. He's a UFA anyway, so if Minny can get really anything for him, they will.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya gotta get rid of him, trade him for a couple of players, prospects and mb draft picks and build onto your team. If he isn't going to sign then no point of pushing for one year when you will have lost a valuable commodity for a long time to come.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  12:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is if he is already going to be a UFA in July and a team is interested in pushing hard for him at that time, why would they give up much to get him in the mean time???

I can't see him going for that much. A couple of mid range players and a 3+ Round draft pick. Maybe. And the couple of mid-round guys will more than likely be UFA's or very close to it as well.

The guy is hurt a lot and he's only a sure thing on your team for a couple of months.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  12:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gaborik is done for the season, he has already said he will not play this year, therefore as a UFA in the summer he has 0 trade value unless its for the right to talk contracts with him, like Tampa did with Malone last summer.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4170
( )

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  12:29:27  Reply with Quote
Might as well trade him at the deadline. He's done nothing for them all season and they'll only add to their squad by dealing him for players/prospects/picks.

(ADMIN EDIT - LINK REMOVED - SPAM)

Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  17:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this situation really sucks for Minnesota. Gaborik ISN'T coming back. He's a UFA at the end of the season, and no team with serious playoff aspirations really needs someone for NEXT YEAR. these playoff teams seem to be the only ones that Gaborik really wants to play for. Minny is damned if you do/damned if you don't. I say get what you can for him and be grateful, though it won't be very bloody much.

"I call the big one Bitey"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page