Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Mat Schneider trade Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  10:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
A second rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year with a conditional pick coming back, what do you think of the trade?

Choices:

Habs gave up too much
About right
Atlanta should have received more
See if they resign him in free agency

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  10:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 39 year old player that was once good, but may be a bit past his prime? How did Toronto miss this one???

I think for what the Habs gave up, a decent pickup, as you don't make 20 years in the bigs without skills. Schneider won't hurt them any, and should bolster offence from the back end. Whether or not he gets resigned or not, perhaps this is his last stop before retiring as this is where he started. Who knows.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  12:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it may be a bit much for what could very well be a rental. If they can resign him, then maybe I like it a little more. But another offensive threat on the blueline to complement Markov may be what the doctor ordered.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  12:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

A 39 year old player that was once good, but may be a bit past his prime? How did Toronto miss this one???

I think for what the Habs gave up, a decent pickup, as you don't make 20 years in the bigs without skills. Schneider won't hurt them any, and should bolster offence from the back end. Whether or not he gets resigned or not, perhaps this is his last stop before retiring as this is where he started. Who knows.

i don 't know i would have almost ratherd a tough defender without as much offencive up swing,,, the habs players can score its our d that has been horrid and out goaltending with the exception of the odd night we need another costant out there and someone to show big mike it doesn;t have to all come from him

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest2758
( )

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  17:36:40  Reply with Quote
he'll be on the leafs for 5 mil in two years
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  22:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was listening to SportNet Connected the other night and they were talking about Montreal since the trade. Don't quote me because I was half alseep, but they said something along the lines of Montreals PP being something like 45% since Schnieder joined the team and they have not lost in reg since his return.

If that is the case, all I have to say it GOOD TRADE!!
Go to Top of Page

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  22:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, 44% is what I heard. He has really seemed to just start the canadians which has been great. I think the coaching staff is really encouraging him to shoot the puck, more often than not it has payed off. As of right now, this trade looks great because the Habs seem to be a new team playing with more spark. It really depends on the playoff run at how much this trade will mean though in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  08:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot how much of a cannon he has.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  09:13:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this trade right now, the Habs have been booming ever since and Kovie seems to be getting alot more space and time on the PP now who is also a reason for the Habs 4 straight wins as of late. Nontheless Schneider has a cannon and is using it just like the Habs expected. Atta boy Gainey.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page