Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Crosby win art ross Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9044
( )

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  11:49:31  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will Crosby win the art ross still when he is in 3rd place

Choices:

yes
no way
don''t care

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  16:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no will never catch up to Malkin, he's good but not that good
Go to Top of Page

shazariahl
Top Prospect

50 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  09:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty new here, but was reading some of your older threads. Someone in one of those mentioned that they felt Crosby had already peaked. Several people called him an idiot, etc. But a couple years later, it's starting to look like he's maybe not so far off. I wouldn't say Crosby has actually "peaked" already, but between Ovechkin and Malkin, I'm starting to wonder if Crosby is even the best player in the league. A few years ago people were already trying to compare him to Gretzky, calling him the next one, etc. I think that's one of the dangers with new players - everyone wants another Orr, Gretzky, or Lemieux. We see someone with that special spark that reminds us of those players, and think "it's him! That's the guy!" But really, we just don't know yet. It's too soon.

I realize I'm getting off topic here - it's a pretty simple poll and I'm going on a bit of a rant, but I see this kind of stuff all the time. Crosby puts up 120 pts, and people think he can maybe break the Gretzky records. Then Ovechkin hits 50, and maybe even 60 this year, and people think he can maybe get 80-90. I'm not trying to say these players aren't great, but none of them (Malkin included) are that clear-cut step above the rest of the league that guys like Gretzky and Orr were. They are certainly some of the best right now.

So um... after all that... I voted no. He won't catch him. Unless he manages to step up his game I'm not even sure he's the best Penguin right now, let alone the league's best player.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  03:06:25  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

no will never catch up to Malkin, he's good but not that good

Ovechkins only 4 points back, he could catch him
Go to Top of Page

Guest0436
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  17:39:24  Reply with Quote
Crosby is and always will be a better player than (ugh) Gretsky.
Sorry peeps, but that's the truth.
Go to Top of Page

shazariahl
Top Prospect

50 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  20:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? Cause at this point in his career Gretzky was already destroying most the NHL record book. Crosby may not even be the best player on his team. Don't compare him to the greatest offensive player in NHL history. Please - just don't.

Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  21:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0436

Crosby is and always will be a better player than (ugh) Gretsky.
Sorry peeps, but that's the truth.

You must be a MODERATOR EDIT. You and sheep must MODERATOR EDIT. I've never heard of a bigger MODERATOR EDIT, and I MODERATOR EDIT your MODERATOR EDIT with a MODERATOR EDIT and the MODERATOR EDIT.

And I disagree!

Sorry mods, thought I'd save you the trouble..
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  05:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby's better then Gretz? Yes, that's why Malkin and Ovechkin have more points then him over the past two seasons. Give it up, Sid ain't the best player in the league, live with it!

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

Guest0973
( )

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  15:12:09  Reply with Quote
malkin crosby ovechkin are the top 3 players in the league. Who will win art ross next year? could be any one of them. But, personally, i think ovechkin is the best player. He can turn a game in an instant and he makes players around him better, not saying that the other 2 dont, but ovie is just better
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page