Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Eastern Playoff Picture Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the process of killing some time at work I was checking out the East play off race. I knew it was a tight race, but if the season ended today there'd be some really great match ups that would be great to watch.

Any team making the play offs out of the East has a legit shot at making some noise with the exception of the over achieving Panthers, but even with them you never know.

Jephman
Top Prospect

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  17:06:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you think that's close, check out the Western Conference!

The 15th place team (Last place) is only 11 points out of 8th spot, and there are 3 teams within 5 points of 8th.

This one is gonna be tight...
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  05:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, but I was refering to the fact that the East is closer competition wise. Any one of the teams that make play offs could move to the conference finals and even the finals. Although I think it's Jerseys conference to lose I think it's alot more intriguing then then the 3 dog show in the west.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0463
( )

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  13:51:11  Reply with Quote
1 Bruins
2 Jersey
3 Washington
4 Flyers
5 Rangers (now that they have Avery they'll do good
6 Habs
7 Panthers
8 Pens
Go to Top of Page

Guest9289
( )

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  11:39:44  Reply with Quote
1. Bruins
2. New Jersey
3. Washington
4. Philadelphia
5. Pittsburgh
6. Carolina
7. Florida
8. Montreal

New York Rangers and Buffalo dont make playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  23:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eastern Conference Top 8 Finish Prediction:

1. Bruins
2. Devils
3. Capitals
4. Flyers
5. Penguins
6. Canadiens
7. Rangers
8. Panthers

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  13:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things sure can change quickly. With the way the Penguins had been playing I was sure just four days ago that they would pass the flyers into 4th. Right now they are locked in a battle with the Rangers to aviod falling to the seventh seed.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  16:11:42  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

Yes, but I was refering to the fact that the East is closer competition wise. Any one of the teams that make play offs could move to the conference finals and even the finals. Although I think it's Jerseys conference to lose I think it's alot more intriguing then then the 3 dog show in the west.

The western confrence is much tougher then the eastern confrence...any team from a western playoff position would have a much easier time in the eastern bracket...that being said its not a 3 dog race in the west...its a 2 dog race for the #1 postion but as far as the playoffs go its still everyone minus phx and col fighting for a spot....unlike the east where its either florida or mtl..and the best thing about the west it looks like all 3 canadian teams will make it ...where as the east theres a good chance not a single one of them willl.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  13:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jephman

If you think that's close, check out the Western Conference!

The 15th place team (Last place) is only 11 points out of 8th spot, and there are 3 teams within 5 points of 8th.

This one is gonna be tight...

Don't look now but it is possible for all five central division teams in the west to make the playoffs. The only team in that division who are out right now is St. Louis and they are one point behind Anaheim. A race like this is exactly what is needed heading into the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page