Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Montreal make it in 09? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  15:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

quote:
Originally posted by goleafsgosjnb

quote:

Or to extend their winning streak.

say what you want about the logo, at least we know how to spell, unlike the Leaves...

Yeah, they took out the mighty Lightning in OT, their confidence must be sky-high! lol seriously though, every point counts and they will need'em fightin' off those pesky Panthers!

And Leafs is a neologism. Shakespeare made them all the time. Now is it fair to say Leafs fans are brilliant like Shakespeare? I think any reasonable person would say... yes. bahahaha

Shakespeare has been gone a long time. This is 2009, perhaps the LEAVES should walk into this century, winning a Stanley might help. Reading the Merchant of Venice did absolutely nothing for me, although I have to admit, I did enjoy MacBeth.

MacBeth eh? Just think, that could be the Habs! The story of a popular tragic hero(Gainey) getting rid of an old ruler (Carbonneau) in order to make a stab at glory and then having everything blow up in his face.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  07:58:33  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

MacBeth eh? Just think, that could be the Habs! The story of a popular tragic hero(Gainey) getting rid of an old ruler (Carbonneau) in order to make a stab at glory and then having everything blow up in his face.
[/quote]

Right on man... you must know this story so well... since you live it every season as a "leaf" fan.
Thanks for pointing it out to Habs fans who are not as accustomed to this story as leaf fans are.
However, nothing's really blowing up in Gainey's face yet... except maybe all SIX out of last eight possible points...?
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  08:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
holy defensive guest 7752. its not like the habs have missed the playoffs 5 times in the past 10 years, 6 in 10 if they miss this year. Jeez, talk about rose coloured glasses. Its like leaf fans are bad people just because the team hasnt won a cup since 67. Do blackhawk fans get ripped on this hard? Its not the 1970's anymore hab fans, get over yourselves.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  08:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

[/quote]

Right on man... you must know this story so well... since you live it every season as a "leaf" fan.
Thanks for pointing it out to Habs fans who are not as accustomed to this story as leaf fans are.
However, nothing's really blowing up in Gainey's face yet... except maybe all SIX out of last eight possible points...?
[/quote]

I love how you say it like " ALL 6 of a possible 8 points" wouldn't it have to be "ALL 8 out of a possible 8 points" for that to make sense? Also, thanks for capitalizing all the important words in your statements, that way all the dumb leaf fans can understand what your trying to get across.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6584
( )

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  08:30:46  Reply with Quote
i hope there going for playoff just hope
Go to Top of Page

Guest6584
( )

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  08:40:26  Reply with Quote
i'm habs fan i hope there ganna make it
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  09:31:44  Reply with Quote
sorry.... i tend to caplitalize when i get excited. especially today knowing that the leaves are officially out just when spring is beginning to bloom in montreal... and as usual for this time of year - the habs are entering into yet ANOTHER playoff race...

maybe i should capitalize so leaves can understand...

the only reason anyone would crap all over leaf fans is because they are like ex-lax... everytime they open their mouths, others want to crap
hawk fans are much more knowledgable about hockey than leaf fans so they get the respect and support of other teams' fans
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  10:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just keep an eye on the rearview mirror pal, i think you have a panther chasing you.

Go to Top of Page

Bruins Fan
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  06:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, for one, most certainly hope the Canadiens make the playoffs and finish in 8th.

Then the Mighty Bruins can stomp them into the ground in four straight games!

To all Hab fans out there - you are remembering past glories if you honestly think the Habs can get past the Bruins in the first round. Dream on!

Bruins Fan
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  08:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bruins Fan

I, for one, most certainly hope the Canadiens make the playoffs and finish in 8th.

To all Hab fans out there - you are remembering past glories if you honestly think the Habs can get past the Bruins in the first round. Dream on!

Bruins Fan

As much as I would love to see that, be careful what you wish for! Remember '04? Bruins were top seed and habs squeeked in at 8 and won in 7 after being down 3-1. Montreal always seems to have Bostons number, especially in the post-season. If im Boston, im hoping for a matchup with the Panthers. There is no doubt though, that a Montreal - Boston matchup would be very entertaining and good for the CBC as well. I do think that the East needs a canadian team in the playoffs to keep things interesting for the canadians on this side of the country. Honestly, Montreals success lays at the feet of 3 people. Price, Kovalev and Koivu. If they don't raise their game, it won't even matter if they make they playoffs or not.

Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't have been more spot on about Price .. leave him in after he loses and don't switch to Halak and that is what they do and he rebounds nicely. Not to get to excited since who knows what will happen today but it certainly does help a goalie's confidence by leaving him in and believing in the guy instead of switching every loss.

Kovalev is hot at the right time, the team's success relies on this guy and Price. That first line is doing everything right lately, *Knocks on wood*.

Our 3rd line is looking like our 2nd line, Lappy and Latendresse are playing sweet, The Kostitsyn kids and Pleks are gunna have to step their game up definitely. Although brother Sergei is out of the line up this game due to injury.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea the habs are finally starting to play pretty well. I still think they got outplayed by chicago the other day though, Price won them that game, which is nice for hab fans to see. Sometimes you need your goalie to steal you a game or two. Kovalev is definatley a key, if he is playing well, look out. Im sure that early goal against the hawks made him feel about 2 feet taller.
Do hab fans riot if they miss the playoffs or bow out in the first round? or only when they win...?

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  11:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Price isn't playing tonight due to a virus, and, without any offense, Matt_robert, the riot after the win over Boston last year wasnt cause by fan. they were cause by streetgangs but the fans kicks in and "continued" the riot....you know that IQ in group is strongly reduced, especially if you drink a couple beers...

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  13:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heh, i find it hilarious. I did hear that as well, all it takes is 1 or 2 idiots to turn s*** sour in a hurry. I love how some fans (who i know personally) think that it makes their fans 'the best in the world' because they are so 'passionate' about their club that they are willing to destroy their city as a form of celebration, lol. Most fans I know are much more respectful than that, and really frowned upon the whole situation. 1993 was pretty bad as well, but neither were anything compared to when The Rocket was suspended back in the 50s. That was just nuts!

"Bring it down! Bring it all Down!"

- Michael Moore, Team America

Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  14:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha looks like someone's gotta brush up on their Shakespeare! If there was a story about a powerful government screwing over their (Leafs) nation year after year by dumb moves the end, THAT would fit a lil more.

Kovalev is starting to show up! I've seen this movie before though, soon it will be time for his disappearing act.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:16:45  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

I guess they are french, but isn't it CanadiANS, not CanadIENS. Bunch of smelly toilet bowls.

Ya, Matt, as annoying as it is, two different languages buddy...
Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:21:49  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

I find it really funny, the ongoing quotes from Habs fans on how their team is better than the leafs.

CONGRATULATIONS ODIN! The Habs are better then a rebuilding hockey team! If they are so much better, why are you even bringing it up? An 11 point difference is not much considering the LEAFS were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NHL this year. But its ok, you and your fellow habs fans can come taunt me about this post when the Habs win the Stanlet Cup(HAHA).

Im confident they will make it into the playoffs but as far as competing for the cup, HA no chance.

The Stanlet Cup?? What is that?

Man you Leaves fans are touchy. In the last few posts I said nothing about the Habs being better. Just having a little fun with my buddy Matt. I understand though. The Leaves were eliminated. You are right to be bitter with yet another non-playoff season. But, I mean, the Leaves are perpetually rebuilding. When are they not? You can make that very convenient arguement every year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:24:01  Reply with Quote
quote:

I find it really funny, the ongoing quotes from Habs fans on how their team is better than the leafs.

CONGRATULATIONS ODIN! The Habs are better then a rebuilding hockey team! If they are so much better, why are you even bringing it up? An 11 point difference is not much considering the LEAFS were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NHL this year. But its ok, you and your fellow habs fans can come taunt me about this post when the Habs win the Stanlet Cup(HAHA).

Im confident they will make it into the playoffs but as far as competing for the cup, HA no chance.

Sorry, getting my Leaves boosters mixed up. Its Goleafs I've been bantering with, Matt just jumped in, which is fine.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2622
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:27:26  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bruins Fan

Bruins Fan

It actually wasn't all that long ago that the Bruins were first and the Habs 8th. What was that result again?

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2622

quote:

I guess they are french, but isn't it CanadiANS, not CanadIENS. Bunch of smelly toilet bowls.

Ya, Matt, as annoying as it is, two different languages buddy...

According to NHL.com it's Montreal Canadiens.

check it out on this http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=416376
2nd line

sorry guys

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  09:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea yea i know its french, im just trying to throw a log on the fire.
Habs are in 7th now! Way to go our [inappropriate content] french counterparts!
hahah relax guys im just kidding.

ADMIN EDIT - No slurs, please.

Edited by - n/a on 04/03/2009 09:49:02
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  09:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

just to know are you one of the "rest of Canada" (no offense with Rest Of Canada, i guess Toronto but not sure) that would like Quebec to separate?

yea we are 7th now, PP and PK are doing great and tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev are on fire. We can breath a bit but it's not over till it's over so let's not freak out and clain victory too soon.

Next question....what will habs do when Lang will be returning?? gainey can't touch tanguay-koivu-kovalev, can't touch Lapierre-latendresse-kostopoulos. Higgins metropolit re doing good together....so let's see....plekanec and the 2K bro split? that's what i want to happen but i don't know yet when Lang will return

ADMIN EDIT - Let's learn from my mistakes and stay away from the politics, gentlemen.

Edited by - n/a on 04/03/2009 09:47:18
Go to Top of Page

Habbytant
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  09:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a little surprised at the lack of respect for a pretty good team. They won the conference last year with 104 points. So far as of the writting of this they have 90 points and in 7th place with 5 games remainig. Assuming they win the rest they will end up with a 100 point season. Not bad for all the whining and complaining. This is the first time I have seen Montreal fans jumping on and off the band wagon and to a point that they actually look like leaf fans. We in Montreal habve always held our ticker tape parades in July not October like Toronto.
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddyboy

quote:

just to know are you one of the "rest of Canada" (no offense with Rest Of Canada, i guess Toronto but not sure) that would like Quebec to separate?

yea we are 7th now, PP and PK are doing great and tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev are on fire. We can breath a bit but it's not over till it's over so let's not freak out and clain victory too soon.

Next question....what will habs do when Lang will be returning?? gainey can't touch tanguay-koivu-kovalev, can't touch Lapierre-latendresse-kostopoulos. Higgins metropolit re doing good together....so let's see....plekanec and the 2K bro split? that's what i want to happen but i don't know yet when Lang will return

ADMIN EDIT - Let's learn from my mistakes and stay away from the politics, gentlemen.

sorry admin but my main point is everything from the 2 last paragraph

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Habbytant

I am a little surprised at the lack of respect for a pretty good team. They won the conference last year with 104 points. So far as of the writting of this they have 90 points and in 7th place with 5 games remainig. Assuming they win the rest they will end up with a 100 point season. Not bad for all the whining and complaining. This is the first time I have seen Montreal fans jumping on and off the band wagon and to a point that they actually look like leaf fans. We in Montreal habve always held our ticker tape parades in July not October like Toronto.

Are you kidding me? THe fans in Montreal were ready to engrave this years edition of the team on the cup in September!

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry if i offended anyone, i guess the filter from brain to keyboard wasnt working properly. And no, i dont want quebec to seperate, i have close friends from Montreal. But to slozos request, I wont comment on anything else political or use any slurs. Sorry boys!

Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

sorry if i offended anyone, i guess the filter from brain to keyboard wasnt working properly. And no, i dont want quebec to seperate, i have close friends from Montreal. But to slozos request, I wont comment on anything else political or use any slurs. Sorry boys!

And actually, I am English anyways. Believe it or not, there are actually Habs fansthat are English, and we exist right across Canada. Perhaps there are even a few in the States. Such is the Mystique!

I am guest 2622, just forgot to sign in.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Habbytant

Habby, it is just the bitter Leaves fans that are moaning. You have to admit, they have good reason to be bitter.
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

englang, funny, i don't know if you watch the game yesterday but in NY there were fan of the habs coming from Australia !!

And actually, I am English anyways. Believe it or not, there are actually Habs fansthat are English, and we exist right across Canada. Perhaps there are even a few in the States. Such is the Mystique!

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

englang, funny, i don't know if you watch the game yesterday but in NY there were fan of the habs coming from Australia !!

sorry about the double post, but i wrote my idea at the wrong place

Go to Top of Page

Guest2453
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:58:43  Reply with Quote
quote:

I juste wanted to say that if you go on www.nhl.com they spell it Montréal CanadiENS.
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  13:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2622

quote:

The Stanlet Cup?? What is that?

Man you Leaves fans are touchy. In the last few posts I said nothing about the Habs being better. Just having a little fun with my buddy Matt. I understand though. The Leaves were eliminated. You are right to be bitter with yet another non-playoff season. But, I mean, the Leaves are perpetually rebuilding. When are they not? You can make that very convenient arguement every year.

bahaha Stanlet Cup... otherwise known as Le Coup Stanlet.

I wouldn't call the Leafs "rebuilding" until this year, the 3 previous years have been more like being in denial of their suckiness.

It looks like the Habs have a little cushion now in the playoff race. Fortunately, they have been playing like they belong so they hopefully won't embarass themselves too badly against the Bruins (or Devils, or Caps). I still hope the Panthers make it, the Rangers are another lame-duck team desperately holding on for dear life. At least if they don't make it, it will dispell the myth that Sean Avery can be a key player for a winning team.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  13:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you hit the nail on the head. the leafs HAVE never rebuilt before. They always just denied their suckiness and tried to slap bandaids everywhere. Im a die hard leaf supporter but tis true, its so refreshing to actually see a team made up of YOUNG players, not just Mats sundin with a rag tag crew of 30 somethings behind him.

Although they had a couple decent playoff runs and 1 or 2 100 point seasons, there were no reinforcements waiting in the wings when these guys moved on. Alex Steen and Matt Stajan werent quite Doug Gilmour and Wendal Clark....

Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  14:45:24  Reply with Quote
This is so funny

Habs fans and Leafs fans are so wreckless

They hate eachotehr and love there team with a passion

All i got to say is i dont know why the leafs fans are bashing the habs when there team is worst.... its really saying if the habs suck.... that the leafs suck even more so everytime a leaf fans say the habs suck ... there calling there leafs the the worst team which is funny

BUT... i know its all for fun and the love of the team and i would probably do the same thing

HABS > LEAFS

The leafs fan were so happy when the habs were struggling and they see now the habs on a roll and will probably make the playoff and they are kicking there butt .. HAHA

Again this is all in good nature... Go habs Go
Go to Top of Page

Guest0809
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  19:32:27  Reply with Quote
7752:
Well, looks like once again HABS fans were right - the Habs are going to make it, and it was never in doubt.
Only other fans (leafs, sens, etc.) and media (TSN aka Toronto Sports Network) were questioning whether or not they'd make it.
Anyway, all the talk "now" is how HOT! HOT!! HOT!!! the Pens and Carolina teams have been.
I agree... let's look at the points to get a clear picture of their hotness:
Pens = 92 points
Carolina = 93 points
And finally, the team you are all questioning, HABS = 90 points
Heck, even the mighty Flyers = 94 points!

Wow, look at this... Habs are right in there despite all the failures, coach firing, etc...??

Why would anyone question the Habs "lowly" 90 points???

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like all others love the opportunity to kick Habs when they are down, however - Habs are IN / others (leafs, sens, panthers) are OUT.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4991
( )

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  17:52:17  Reply with Quote
habs beating leafs 4 nil......sucks to be a leaf fan eh? lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  04:14:42  Reply with Quote
Its funny .... If it would be the leafs that won last night there would be a ton of message ..... but now they are silenced!!!!

Great games habs!

Go habs Go
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  08:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The leafs got smoked on saturday. Montreal is a team on a roll heading into the post season and the leafs cant wait for this season to end. There I said it, does it make you guys feel better? haha, c'mon hab fans, if us leaf fans don't give you guys a hard time when the chips are down than we would never get to have any fun! lol! well, 'cept when the sens are down and out.

But seriously guys, you are always willing to shove all the 'greatness' of the habs in everyones face when things are good so someone has to take you guys down a notch when things turn sour. Leaf fans know how crappy the leafs have been (save for a few bright spots) for the last 42 years, beleive me, no one needs to remind us. I'm a Toronto boy, the leafs are my team until the day I die, regardless of how good they are, and im sure the same applies to people from Montreal. Thats just the way it is.

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  10:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The leafs got smoked on saturday. Montreal is a team on a roll heading into the post season and the leafs cant wait for this season to end. There I said it, does it make you guys feel better? haha, c'mon hab fans, if us leaf fans don't give you guys a hard time when the chips are down than we would never get to have any fun! lol! well, 'cept when the sens are down and out.

But seriously guys, you are always willing to shove all the 'greatness' of the habs in everyones face when things are good so someone has to take you guys down a notch when things turn sour. Leaf fans know how crappy the leafs have been (save for a few bright spots) for the last 42 years, beleive me, no one needs to remind us. I'm a Toronto boy, the leafs are my team until the day I die, regardless of how good they are, and im sure the same applies to people from Montreal. Thats just the way it is.

montreal isn't the best team, but it's a decent one. and as you say, I'm from Montreal, so no matter what Habs are my team. it's like this and no matter what, it's a big rivalry between Habs and Leafs and as a proud supporter of Montreal i like, to be a litle "arrogant" with leafs fan but it stays to a friendly level (usually) it's rare that i attack someone personally but it's me not the other guys.

anyway let's kick sen's tonight!

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  10:19:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as they say, you can take the guy out of montreal, but you can't take montreal out of the guy :)

it applies to any city....but i took mine as example

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page