Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Suggestions
 New Standings Layout Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6664
( )

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  21:38:43  Reply with Quote
Hey generally quite nice.

Major gripe though....and maybe it's an error or you guys are still working on it.

But the occasional "forced" viewing of the Headlines, Blog and Forum Topics when clicking on a team is quite annoying to me. Please do not stick it in our faces, it interferes with the website experience....BIG NO-NO for a website.

Those sections are plenty visible already, please don't force feed us.

Thank you.

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  23:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6664

But the occasional "forced" viewing of the Headlines, Blog and Forum Topics when clicking on a team is quite annoying to me. Please do not stick it in our faces, it interferes with the website experience....BIG NO-NO for a website. Those sections are plenty visible already, please don't force feed us.

Thanks for the feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve so this is appreciated.

Can you be more specific about when you say "...when clicking on a team..." I'm not really sure what you are refering to here?

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  10:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else know what this person means?
Go to Top of Page

acasey
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  11:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Perhaps a bit late, but I think I have an idea of what they were talking about.

I've noticed that, after I leave the view pool page open for a long period of time, when I return and try to expand / collapse a team, the entire table goes away. It's as if the session timed out, but it doesn't log me out.

Simply clicking on View Pool or the Summary / Man Games tabs shows the table again. If that is what this person was referring to, it's not a major problem, in my opinion
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  11:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Acasey,

Thanks for taking a moment to explain wht you think. I haven't expereienced that before. Can you let me know what Operating system and browser you were using so we can run some tests please.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

bounty2k3
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  18:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have experienced the same problem as above with the table disappearing but it's not a major issue at all.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 with Firefox 3.5.3 and IE7.

It happens in both browsers but the problem could be with the computer's memory after leaving it open so long. But two clicks and it goes away in about 3 seconds so it's not really an issue.

What the original poster is probably talking about is when you click on the name of someone's pool roster, and scroll down to one of the teams and click the name of the team ie: Edmonton Oilers, it might open a pop up with other stuff in it. I have NOT experienced this though, that is merely a guess.

GO HAWKS GO!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page