Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2009 Stanley Cup Thief Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  12:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Of the visiting teams for the playoffs, which NHL goalie do you think has the most potential to steal the 2009 Stanley Cup for his team?

Choices:

Martin Biron (PHI)
Miikka Kiprusoff (CGY)
Cam Ward (CAR)
Chris Mason (STL)
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)
Steve Mason (CBJ)
Carey Price (MTL)
JS Giguere (ANA)

Guest5898
( )

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  15:00:10  Reply with Quote
knabibulin is playing way better then kippursoft right now and he has a backup goalie who actualy wins more than 1% of the time
Go to Top of Page

Guest6891
( )

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  16:08:32  Reply with Quote
THE QUESTION ASKED FOR THE VISITING TEAM NETMINDER

(ADMIN EDIT - CONTENT REMOVED - PERSONAL ATTACK)
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  16:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ward has done it before and has played the best of anyone down the strech the smart money is on him,, what i would like to see is the Steve Mason show

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  17:08:05  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Guest0433
( )

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  20:14:19  Reply with Quote
lol kipper has the most votes haha brutal you guys think this guy is good not even top 30 in sv% and gaa he is brutal and will cost the flames the series woosh unless there offence save him as usual
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  06:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0433

lol kipper has the most votes haha brutal you guys think this guy is good not even top 30 in sv% and gaa he is brutal and will cost the flames the series woosh unless there offence save him as usual

Seeing as how he has taken the Flames to the cup on his back before I dont think its fair to throw him under the bus just yet.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2263
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  10:36:31  Reply with Quote
y isnt lui on this list?!?!?!?!?
Go to Top of Page

Guest5335
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  11:31:00  Reply with Quote
dude its caz its AWAY goalies. lol obviously luongo is king.
Go to Top of Page

Mikey Boy
Rookie

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe everyone is talking about Ward and the canes so much. Everyone counted out the devils when Marty went down (except me) and they proved everyone wrong. The Canes don't stand a chance with a healthy Brodeur. The Devils are the real deal and they will represent the East in the cup finals!

M

MP
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey Boy

I can't believe everyone is talking about Ward and the canes so much. Everyone counted out the devils when Marty went down (except me) and they proved everyone wrong. The Canes don't stand a chance with a healthy Brodeur. The Devils are the real deal and they will represent the East in the cup finals!

M

MP

a healthy brodeus been downright terrible in his last 3 post seasons,,,,, and terrible down the strech???

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Mikey Boy
Rookie

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry pastsy but i have a very hard time betting against the best goaltender of all time. the devils added lots of size and skill and experience in Shanahan, Holik, Rolston. Parise, Langenbrunner and Elias had amazing seasons. through in grinders like Madden, Pandolfo and Clarkson not to mention Gionta, with a well-disciplined defence and the best goalie its a no brainer babe!

MP
Go to Top of Page

Guest9850
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:33:47  Reply with Quote
Steve Mason and the Blue Jackets will make it to the semi-finals
Go to Top of Page

Guest4607
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:59:08  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm sorry pastsy but i have a very hard time betting against the best goaltender of all time. the devils added lots of size and skill and experience in Shanahan, Holik, Rolston. Parise, Langenbrunner and Elias had amazing seasons. through in grinders like Madden, Pandolfo and Clarkson not to mention Gionta, with a well-disciplined defence and the best goalie its a no brainer babe!

MP

I dont think Patrick Row is on the last, Steve Mason has the best chance to steal games, leads the league with 10 shutouts and majority of those are stolen games
Go to Top of Page

Guest4069
( )

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  20:06:31  Reply with Quote
i know! :(!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  07:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lundqvist definitely has the ability to steal the show. Same deals with Kipper. Carey Price has a nack for showing up at the right times, lay off the comments about this season and last years playoffs. He still has a chance. I still say Vancouver vs. Devils in the finals. The goaltending battle would be a show itself.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6969
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  07:35:26  Reply with Quote
wherez bobby luuuuuu
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  10:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Henrik stole game one of the series between Washington and New York. If there is one goaltender this year that can steal a series, it would be him. He was absolutely on fire last night, and i have no doubt he can do that 3 more times in his series. Mason could, but i don't think Detroit would let that happen. Kipper might, but Flames are injury riddled and they have been struggling of late.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9109
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  11:17:30  Reply with Quote
but this away question aside... luongo is gonna own these playoffs,
hes effin sick man, sick!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2534
( )

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  15:51:00  Reply with Quote
It doesn't necessarily matter which goalie is more skilled. I think Steve Mason has been exceptional however the reality is Colombus is not going to beat Detroit. Period. Calgary is going into the playoffs on somewhat of a role and has probably the best possible matchup(s). Not to mention Kipper' has always lit it up in the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  04:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose we can now add Hiller, of Anaheim.

If you had done your homework, you would have known that the coach himself publicly stated that he would go with Hiller in the first game, as Giguere had stumbled a bit in the last week and hasn't been super sharp all year (inconsistent).

It's a guarantee now that Hiller starts the second game . . . and even if they lose, will most likely start the third as well.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest8127
( )

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  05:11:11  Reply with Quote
quote:

Spoken like a true Golf fan... whoops, I mean Oilers fan
Go to Top of Page

Guest2978
( )

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  10:55:36  Reply with Quote
quote:

are you serious? stats mean nothing when the puck drops. kipper is unreal, and the forwards bailing him out? its usually the other way around bud. have you watched a game this year?

go flames go
Go to Top of Page

Guest8144
( )

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  14:42:43  Reply with Quote
kippy isnt gonna do it sorry to let you know but hillier will and not quite sure why hes not in this poll instead of giguere......
QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!
Go to Top of Page

JERJ2008
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  15:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, with Hiller taking a shut out from the Sharks (who saw that one coming?), so far he's looking pretty good. Fleury got a 4-1 win over the Flyers, and I didn't expect the Flyers to sweep but I did see the the games being closer than that. Looks like a couple of underdogs here.
Note though, there was a definite impedement on Kiprusoff with the OT goal last night. He played a good game and got robbed of a potential win. s***ty way to lose...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4017
( )

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  09:12:35  Reply with Quote
luongo is the man, all the other guys cant compare with him.

in the past 4 games hes let in 1 goal
Go to Top of Page

forumer09
Top Prospect

16 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  17:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cant tell you what you think but. i think lunquist is a his prime i know evrybodys voting for kipprasof but he hasent been good latly he's just another chip of the old block
Go to Top of Page

Guest4864
( )

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  09:52:24  Reply with Quote
quote:

are you serious? stats mean nothing when the puck drops. kipper is unreal, and the forwards bailing him out? its usually the other way around bud. have you watched a game this year?

golf flames golf

Fixed that for you
Go to Top of Page

Guest1706
( )

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  15:11:15  Reply with Quote
HA HA HA. They have to get by the Bruins first to make it to the Cup Finals.
quote:

M

MP

Go to Top of Page

Guest0433
( )

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  15:21:42  Reply with Quote
your right kipper is taking the team for the old 4-0 sweep yes i am jealous of that save% and gaa% bahaha

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8127

quote:

Spoken like a true Golf fan... whoops, I mean Oilers fan

Go to Top of Page

Guest2979
( )

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  19:24:04  Reply with Quote
Boston and Chicago for the CUP Boston takes.Ana. and the Rangers are the first round upsets.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page