Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Bump a Marty Party? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  19:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What did you all think of that play when Carolina scored with .2 secs. Goaltender interference or not?

Senators315
Top Prospect

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  21:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
being the first to reply! lol never happened before. but i do think it was interference because he was bumbed on the play. it was also his fault for over exagurating it and his fault for the goal. refs should have made the call but brodeur should have been out of his crease more and ready for any tip or shot on him.

Josh Borton
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  22:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brodeur was about two feet out of his crease and basically ran into Jokinen himself. I can see why Marty is mad, sure. But he is dead wrong and the refs made the right call on it.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  05:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This debate will go both ways depending on the team you support. If you're backing the Canes, you'll say that Marty was out of the crease therefore contact is fair game. If you support the Devils, you'll say that Jokinen had plenty of space and could have avoided Brodeur.

In my opinion, the ref should have noticed it, whether or not Marty was out of the crease. Yet another case of a bad call, literally costing one team the game. Then again, I'm a Devils supporter...

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

Guest0907
( )

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  05:02:56  Reply with Quote
he was out of his damn crease. its his own fault, gee people always rip on crosby for being a baby, what about Broduer? its like he's a 5 year old goalie out there.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  05:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ref made the right call.

The rules are clear; incidental contact with the goalie outside the crease is not penalty-worthy. Unfortunate, yes; but Marty should know better, he's played in the league long enough. Incidentally, I care for neither of these teams.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  10:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we take the "non-interference" call on Kiprusoff into account in the Flames vs. Hawks series and use it as a precedent then this was no where near goaltender interference. And on top of that, Marty was already set for the shot by the time it came, so it actually didn't interfere with the play at hand. Suck it up Marty.

.2 seconds left! Incredible!
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  11:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it's not like Brodeur was bumped and a shot got through him right at that moment, he had plenty of time to get set. The right call for sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page