Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Dream Series Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9844
( )

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  21:43:07  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
While I was extremely upset at seeing the Devils lose their series with the Canes (pool reasons), I couldn't help but lick my lips at the thought of Crosby's Pens being matched up with Ovechkin's Caps. The hockey world is constantly debating over who's better between Sid and Ovie, and now those discussions can be settled in a series that pits the two against each other. Not to mention that the NHL's top 3 players will all be present in this series. When matching up the teams, the edge has to be given to Pittsburgh, but Washington does have home ice and they did go 3-1-0 in their season series with Pittsburgh. I have a feeling that they'll really bring it early in this series, knowing that they can't let themselves get behind like they did with the Rangers. So, who do you guys think will win, and in how many games?

Choices:

Washington in 4
Pittsburgh in 4
Washington in 5
Pittsburgh in 5
Washington in 6
Pittsburgh in 6
Washington in 7
Pittsburgh in 7

CaliforniaSeal
Top Prospect

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  23:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Pittsburgh will win. The addition of Kunitz and Guerin will really help them.

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  06:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Washington may have an extra step simply because they came back from 3-1. Overall though, the Pengiuns will fluster Varalamov, he'll fold, Penguins take it in 6.

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:05:03  Reply with Quote
I can't see Varlamov folding. The series with the Rangers gave him a ton of confidence. Sure the Rangers have the 3rd worst ranked offense in the NHL, but confidence is a magical thing, and if the Caps play good enough defensively in front of him I think he'll be able to match Fleury's play.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  08:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OV's performance in game 7 was terrible, if he doesn't step up his game to match Crosby and Malkin (who are both playing AMAZING) the Caps have no chance to win this. Fleury has convinced me that he is a money goalie, so Varlamov had better steal a game or two.

I think the Pens are more physical and if they lay a beating on Mike Green, Semin and Backstrom it will be a short series.

I voted Pens in 6.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  21:04:48  Reply with Quote
Washington in 7.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  15:44:50  Reply with Quote
Looks like majority thinks Pens take it in 6. I can't see it happening. The Caps are relieved to make it passed the Rangers after going down 3-1 and they know they have to come into this series gunning from the get go. Should be some high scoring games.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:34:00  Reply with Quote
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. CAPS TAKE GAME 1 BABY! OVIE-1 CROSBY-0
Go to Top of Page

Guest9244
( )

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  10:42:24  Reply with Quote
last time i checked it was cpas vs penguin ans dovie vs crosby. game is not 1v1. whoever wins this series is not the better player. WHOEVER WINS this series will have the hotter goalie. plain and simple.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3385
( )

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  15:09:58  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9244

last time i checked it was cpas vs penguin ans dovie vs crosby. game is not 1v1. whoever wins this series is not the better player. WHOEVER WINS this series will have the hotter goalie. plain and simple.

Ovechkin was the games first star and outplayed both Crosby and Malkin. He's proving he's the better player, thus Ovie-1 Sid-0.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page