Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Jagr to become an Oiler? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  09:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A rumor is a rumor but this one sure got some legs when the Oil were still playing and they were still talking about at the end of April. Jagr said if he were to return to the NHL his #1 choice of team would be the Oilers. I think it has something to do with the fact that the Oil were interested in him at the end of last year and also this year when the Oil were still in contention for a playoff spot. This topic coincides with the Hemsky one as some guys were saying Hemmy can't be the #1 guy, I kinda agree but could you imagine if they could sign Jagr and keep Kotalik? Now add Hemmy to that line and you have a bonafide first line that can compete against most others. For more info on this check out this story.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/04/30/sp-jagr-oilers.html

"There are only two seasons. Hockey season and not hockey season."

Edited by - Gusteroni on 05/25/2009 09:22:51

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  12:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good read. Thanks for the link. I've been skipping topics relating to silly trade/signing rumors lately because they seem to be pulled from thin air. Posting the link really does help with the validity of a topic.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0897
( )

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  17:43:56  Reply with Quote
easy there leaf fans...
it's just small talk.
you guys in toronto make such big deals out of nothing.
so what the jagr said IF (that's IF) he'd come back it would be with oilers... right away, the torontonians take off on a tangent and start making up the first line on oilers team...
ANYONE can can IF i came back I'd prefer to play for ....
It's no wonder leafs fans are fools and fill-out the ACC for a crap team that just wants their money...
fools...
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  18:28:40  Reply with Quote
Jagr wants to come back, but as the go to guy. The only reason he wouldnt come back is if he believes he cant be that guy in the NHL. So it is a very reliable rumour. And take it easy man, he just thought of the possibilities they could have for the first line. If your team was to be rumoured to be getting a big player, im sure you would start talking of the possibilities
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  04:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if I'm that hot on Jagr anymore . . . I mean, it's very difficult to know what he will bring to the table at this point in his waning career. I do believe he is still a first line player, but whether he can still be the top star? Not sure. And, would he fit together with Edmonton's run and gun style . . . again, not so sure about that.

If Jagr comes back to the NHL and fits well with the right line, maybe he does have a 40 goal 50 assist season in him . . . but myself, I'd predict on the lower side of 25/40 with the Oil.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Edited by - n/a on 05/25/2009 05:00:38
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  08:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0897

easy there leaf fans...
it's just small talk.
so what the jagr said IF (that's IF) he'd come back it would be with oilers... right away, the torontonians take off on a tangent and start making up the first line on oilers team...
It's no wonder leafs fans are fools and fill-out the ACC for a crap team that just wants their money...
fools...

Dude, first of all, what exactly did leaf fans have to do with this story? You d***s out west (or wherever you are) blame all your freakin problems on toronto...

I wonder if actually read the story on the link:

Here is what jagr had to say -

"I was excited when I heard that Edmonton pushed pretty hard to get me and I really appreciate it. And if I ever go there [the NHL], they would be my No. 1 pick because they showed me the interest first," Jagr said after Canada beat the Czech Republic 5-1 at the world hockey championship on Thursday in Switzerland.

"I will never forget that and I respect that. They would be my first pick."

Why the hell wouldn't the CBC report this? It involves a HOF player who said, in plain english, that he would sign in Edmonton if he were to come back.... just how is that not news worthy? Its not like it was front page news, but it is definatley worth mentioning...

Think before you blame leaf fans for everything wrong with the hockey world...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  09:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

easy there leaf fans...
it's just small talk.
fools...

That is hilarious! agreed..

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  10:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

easy there leaf fans...
it's just small talk.
fools...

Yes I am a Leafs fan (The Passion That Unites Us All) but I do happen to live in Alberta not Toronto and this was not small talk here. The Oil probably could have had Jagr for their playoff push but he still had a contract with OMSK of the KHL and he would have had to clear waivers so any team could have had the option to scoop him if they had the cap space.

Here is what it says under article 13.23 of the CBA:
In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his
Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.

So that being said the Oilers would have to wait for the 2010-2011 season to get a crack at Jagr as he is quoted as saying he wants to finish his contract with OMSK of the KHL which runs one more season. The Oilers in my opinion need a guy like Jagr (if not him a vet like him) as their planned re-build isn't going very well and they are missing some of their veteran presence they historically have had. Anyway this is a hockey forum and this was hockey news so Guest 0897 why are you here if you don't want to talk about hockey? Go Leafs!!

"There are only two seasons, hockey season and not hockey season."

Edited by - Gusteroni on 05/25/2009 10:08:50
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  23:21:21  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

quote:

easy there leaf fans...
it's just small talk.
fools...

Dude, first of all, what exactly did leaf fans have to do with this story? You d***s out west (or wherever you are) blame all your freakin problems on toronto...

I wonder if actually read the story on the link:

Here is what jagr had to say -

"I was excited when I heard that Edmonton pushed pretty hard to get me and I really appreciate it. And if I ever go there [the NHL], they would be my No. 1 pick because they showed me the interest first," Jagr said after Canada beat the Czech Republic 5-1 at the world hockey championship on Thursday in Switzerland.

"I will never forget that and I respect that. They would be my first pick."

Why the hell wouldn't the CBC report this? It involves a HOF player who said, in plain english, that he would sign in Edmonton if he were to come back.... just how is that not news worthy? Its not like it was front page news, but it is definatley worth mentioning...

Think before you blame leaf fans for everything wrong with the hockey world...

Not all of us are d***s, and a lot of leafs fans can be d***s too so dont go there man, cause its an arguemant you cant win. I am an Oilers fan living in Edmonton, i defended you, and then you call us out west all d***s, thanks
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  04:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right boys - let's keep the potty mouth, namecalling stuff for the schoolyard, we run a family operation here.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  07:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry bro. its just that I am always reading about how everyone out west hates toronto... you're right though, i shouldn't paint everyone with the same brush.

friends? lol

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  13:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During the Allstar game for the KHL they had team Jagr VS. team Yashin. At that point I look up the stats and the players in the league and was surprised at the talent playing in Russia. What I found out the most that surprised me was Jagr barely in the top ten for any stat in Russian league.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  14:18:36  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

During the Allstar game for the KHL they had team Jagr VS. team Yashin. At that point I look up the stats and the players in the league and was surprised at the talent playing in Russia. What I found out the most that surprised me was Jagr barely in the top ten for any stat in Russian league.

of course... it's only natural.
Did you check the age of the guys ahead of Jagr?
I mean, he's not SUNDIN afteralll....!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5934
( )

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  15:14:07  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

quote:

of course... it's only natural.
Did you check the age of the guys ahead of Jagr?
I mean, he's not SUNDIN afteralll....!!!

I REALLY REALLY hope you dont in any way think that Sundin is a better player or more of an impact player than Jagr is. Jagr may have been in the top 20 of all time. Sundin would be controversial as a hall of famer.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  15:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry last post was mine.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  09:14:34  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry last post was mine.

I guess you haven't seen my Sundin Comedy posts...
Go check it out to see how much I love Sundin.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8142
( )

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  10:42:09  Reply with Quote
mats sundin can beat you up
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  12:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8142

mats sundin can beat you up

I never thought of it that way. Your probably right. I'd leave good scratches, bite marks and blood stains on him though. He'd never forget the time he scraped with me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page