Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Heatley wants out? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lyall
PickupHockey Pro



360 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  10:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to TSN, Dany Heatley wants a trade.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281356

I know I really wanted Kovalchuk paying with Hemsky, But Heatley could be a pretty nice fit. The Oilers have the cap space, we just need to give alot for him.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin

Edited by - lyall on 06/09/2009 10:09:27

hockster
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  10:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hes from calgary bring him home.... sell the farm win the cup next year!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro



360 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  10:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281356
Confirmed.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  12:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'd look quite good with either Calgary or Edmonton. Maybe Vancouver could swing a sign and trade involving the Sedins for Heatley and a draft pick.
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie



Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  13:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you say Chris Pronger? I don't like these types of situations and NHL contracts are getting ridiculous. If you or I were to break let's say our cellphone contract we would have a hefty penalty to pay. Does this happen when an NHL player breaks his contract? What is the point of signing? Just when a team thinks their set to go a few years the s**t hits the fan...same thing happened to the Oilers hence my reference to Prongs.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  13:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of difference between the Pronger situation and this one with Heatley.

Firstly, Pronger signed his deal with St. Louis, then got traded to Edmonton. He did not sign the deal with Edmonton long term.

Secondly, and most importantly, Heatley talked to the team and said he wanted out. He did it quietly with class. If the story is accurate and that conversation happened right after the season ended, the story has been quiet for 2 months. Also, Heatley has not said he will not play for Ottawa. He simply said he is interested in playing somewhere else.

Pronger, on the other hand, did not talk to the Oilers. He had his agent talk to the Edmonton Sun, who published the story for the Oiler's Management to read over their Sunday coffee and flapjacks. Secondly, Pronger said he would not play for the Oilers again.


No one is breaking a contract. If they do, they don't get paid. For example, Scott Neidermayer could not decide if he was going to retire or not. He did not show up to training camp, so he got suspended from his team and did not get paid until he returned to the team. It's a pay for play contract. If the player chooses on their own to not play, they do not get paid.

Personally, I would have loved to see the Oilers tell Pronger to stay at home or play for the Oilers, but not trade him. If he didn't show up, he doesn't get paid. Sits at home until he's nearly 40 and his contract runs out, and goes on the Free Market have not played for 3 years.


Regardless, the Pronger situation and this situation are completely different.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2262 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  13:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of people have been saying he may be hard to move because of the 7.5 million $ cap hit, but the way i see it that is a bargin for a top 5 player in the NHL. Weather you agree or not that he is indeed a top five player as i view him noone could possibly hold this guy off their top 10 list that is forsure. The way i see it you have Vinny Lecavalier at 9 millon Danny Briere at 9 million or so Chris drury at 7 million aling with gomez, the list goes on and i think Dany is as good as any of these players, now if i were the GM of the san jose sharks i would be in talk with murray about Marleau and a first rounder for Mr. heatly, there is no question in my mind that if heatly played with Joe Thornton Ovethkin would be hard pressed to ever win the maurice richard trophy again.

Pasty

Edited by - Pasty7 on 06/09/2009 13:57:15
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  14:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heatley and Joe....my mouth is watering....all the goals none of the bull....
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4578 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  05:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see Heatley staying in Canada, frankly, but I could be wrong.

Unlikely that Ottawa would allow Heatley to go to Toronto, their divisional rival, same with Montreal. But Edmonton and Calgary are distinct possibilities, with Edmonton having the edge in terms of cap space. Vancouver would probably have to unload the twins, and that seems unlikely . . . unless . . . there is a three way trade with Toronto? Here Goes!

THREE WAY MEGA-DEAL
to Toronto: Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin
to Ottawa: Alexei Ponikarovsky, Tomas Kaberle, Jiri Tlusty
to Vancouver: Dany Heatley, Chris Kelly

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  08:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sedins are UFA's....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1877 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I am sad to see him go I would welcome a trade of

Heatly ---- Auld

Hemsky ---- Penner

Although offensively Heatly is better than both and Penner need outta Edmonton. Auld would be a gift to the Oilers who need a bonified #2 goalie cheap to push Rolli for playing time.

or

Heatly ---- Auld

Phaneuf ---- Bourque

Heatly is a better return than Phaneuf, but the Bourque for Auld scenerio would shore up Ottawa's loss on left wing. Same as Oilers Flames need a bonified #2 goalie cheap to push Kipper for playing time
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4578 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D'oh! For some reason I had it in my head that they had another year . . . my bad.

Ok, a Revamped Three-Way:

To Toronto: Ryan Kesler, Taylor Pyatt
To Ottawa: Tomas Kaberle, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Jiri Tlusty
To Vancouver: Dany Heatley, Chris Kelly

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest9838
( )

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:12:29  Reply with Quote
The Sedin deal could be work out if Vancouver was able to sign the twins before July 1.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher17
Top Prospect



Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't see Ottawa getting face-value for Heatley in this trade. Since this has become public now, all the GMs know that Ottawa has to find a team that a) can absorb the cap hit of $7.5M and b)Heatley is willing to waive his no movement clause for (which won't be most of the teams with cap room).
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro



360 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Although I am sad to see him go I would welcome a trade of

Heatly ---- Auld

Hemsky ---- Penner

Although offensively Heatly is better than both and Penner need outta Edmonton. Auld would be a gift to the Oilers who need a bonified #2 goalie cheap to push Rolli for playing time.

or

Heatly ---- Auld

Phaneuf ---- Bourque

Heatly is a better return than Phaneuf, but the Bourque for Auld scenerio would shore up Ottawa's loss on left wing. Same as Oilers Flames need a bonified #2 goalie cheap to push Kipper for playing time


I can't see the the Oilers trading Hemsky. He is the face of the franchise right now. and over the past few years they have been looking for a left winger to play with him, trading him to get that winger makes no sense. And the Oilers already have a #2 goalie. I'm pretty sure they learnt from there mistakes of starting with 3 last season.
I've heard that the Sen's want a top 3 defenseman and a top 6 forward. So if I were GM of the Oilers my offer would be:

Horcoff
Gilbert ------------- Heatley
Nillson (just to push Murrray over the edge)

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin

Edited by - lyall on 06/10/2009 10:47:45
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

D'oh! For some reason I had it in my head that they had another year . . . my bad.

Ok, a Revamped Three-Way:

To Toronto: Ryan Kesler, Taylor Pyatt
To Ottawa: Tomas Kaberle, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Jiri Tlusty
To Vancouver: Dany Heatley, Chris Kelly

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug



I'm sorry, but I can't see Ottawa jumping at that.
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4578 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are probably right, Thrasher17 - Heatley won't get as good a value back. He's coming off a so-so year for him, everyone knows that Ottawa needs to get rid of him now to get a decent return, and worse yet, financial times are tough for his fat contract. This makes me think that the two rivals you'd think Ottawa wouldn't want him going to (Toronto and Montreal) might have a decent shot at him, considering both have a good amount of cap space to play with. Montreal has more players to sign that mean more to the team, but Heatley would trump them all - and Toronto has lots of cap room and probably the most freedom of any team to go big on a star player, although they'd really need to sign Bouwmeester to be able to deal a solid commodity like Kubina or Kaberle.

But would Heatley want the bright lights and attention of Toronto or Montreal? The answer could be a resounding no . . .

I'll say one thing though - there isn't an 'available' player out there I'd want more for Toronto than Heatley. Lecavalier would come close, but I'd take Heatley first - younger, hungrier, overall better goal scorer.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  10:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher17

I can't see Ottawa getting face-value for Heatley in this trade. Since this has become public now, all the GMs know that Ottawa has to find a team that a) can absorb the cap hit of $7.5M and b)Heatley is willing to waive his no movement clause for (which won't be most of the teams with cap room).



Actually,I can see Ottawa getting fair value on this, they are in the drivers seat. If it does come down to a trade, there will be a bidding war. Second, if none of the offers are satisfactory, Heatley plays for Ottawa or sits. Come trade deadline day, the rules change.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1877 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  11:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far this is the one I like the most.

The rights to Keith Yandall(or a signed contract) and Shane Doan

Straight up for Heatly

Ottawa gets a young puck moving D man and a bonified leader in the room in Shane Doan. Paves the way for a Alfredson trade which is long over due in my opinion. Ottawa gets to shed more salarie and Pheonix has a top 10 player in the fold to draw fans support wherever they end up.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 06/10/2009 11:33:01
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  15:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jordan Staal, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick

For

Dany Heatley


Crosby and Heatley would be sick.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  16:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Although I am sad to see him go I would welcome a trade of

Heatly ---- Auld

Hemsky ---- Penner

Although offensively Heatly is better than both and Penner need outta Edmonton. Auld would be a gift to the Oilers who need a bonified #2 goalie cheap to push Rolli for playing time.

or

Heatly ---- Auld

Phaneuf ---- Bourque

Heatly is a better return than Phaneuf, but the Bourque for Auld scenerio would shore up Ottawa's loss on left wing. Same as Oilers Flames need a bonified #2 goalie cheap to push Kipper for playing time


I can't see the the Oilers trading Hemsky. He is the face of the franchise right now. and over the past few years they have been looking for a left winger to play with him, trading him to get that winger makes no sense. And the Oilers already have a #2 goalie. I'm pretty sure they learnt from there mistakes of starting with 3 last season.
I've heard that the Sen's want a top 3 defenseman and a top 6 forward. So if I were GM of the Oilers my offer would be:

Horcoff
Gilbert ------------- Heatley
Nillson (just to push Murrray over the edge)

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin



No way!!! terrible deal for the Sens!!
1. Gilbert is an decent three defenseman. They need a top two shut down D
2. Horcoff and Nilson dont add up to what they could get...maybe Horcoff and Cogliano or Gagner and O Sullivan or instead of Gagner Kotalik.
3. constistentley it amazes me that oiler sthink great players will be traded to them for their crap and salary dumps(ie:schremp, nillson, penner, horcoff)

But Ottawas GM said hes still a Sen so your gonna need to give up alot!

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.

Edited by - hockster on 06/10/2009 17:18:45
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  22:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this last one is a little much for Heatley. And there is no way the Oilers trade Hemsky for at least 2 more season. They are trying to add pieces to support Hemsky, not replace him.


Honestly, the media in Edmonton is as bad as TO or Montreal some times. As soon as this report came out, I hear within hours reports saying that Heatley wanted to come to Edmonton, the deal was done, and the details were just being worked out. What a joke!!! (And I am saying that about my fan and media bretheren).


Realistically, Heatley get's reasonable value. He did have an off season, but his off season was 39 goals and 72 points. In the NHL season he has played 70 or more games(6 season), he has scored (in order) 26, 41, 50, 50, 41(sorry original typo), 39. He is a bonified top 5 goal scorer in the league and perenially on of the top players on any Team Canada he plays on. If there is a trade, it will be of value.


IF (and a huge if) Edmonton can set something up, it has to included Horcoff. Basically, because Horcoff salary is a $6 million cap hit. But, for a team to take a 2nd line centre with a $6 million cap hit, it's gotta be worth it to them. I would offer a similar deal as I have stated in other placed for Kovalchuk.

Horcoff
Gilbert (who is a pretty good #3 defensemen with 45 points, +6, very few penalties, and 20+ minutes a game. Nice for a guy who is 26 and coming off only his 3rd NHL season)
Schremp
1st Round Draft Pick


for

Dany Heatley

Edited by - Beans15 on 06/11/2009 10:12:36
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  23:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think this last one is a little much for Heatley. And there is no way the Oilers trade Hemsky for at least 2 more season. They are trying to add pieces to support Hemsky, not replace him.


Honestly, the media in Edmonton is as bad as TO or Montreal some times. As soon as this report came out, I hear within hours reports saying that Heatley wanted to come to Edmonton, the deal was done, and the details were just being worked out. What a joke!!! (And I am saying that about my fan and media bretheren).


Realistically, Heatley get's reasonable value. He did have an off season, but his off season was 39 goals and 72 points. In the NHL season he has played 70 or more games(6 season), he has scored (in order) 26, 41, 50, 50, 51, 39. He is a bonified top 5 goal scorer in the league and perenially on of the top players on any Team Canada he plays on. If there is a trade, it will be of value.


IF (and a huge if) Edmonton can set something up, it has to included Horcoff. Basically, because Horcoff salary is a $6 million cap hit. But, for a team to take a 2nd line centre with a $6 million cap hit, it's gotta be worth it to them. I would offer a similar deal as I have stated in other placed for Kovalchuk.

Horcoff
Gilbert (who is a pretty good #3 defensemen with 45 points, +6, very few penalties, and 20+ minutes a game. Nice for a guy who is 26 and coming off only his 3rd NHL season)
Schremp
1st Round Draft Pick


for

Dany Heatley



Switch around Schremp and Eberle and they might but you gotta think Horcoff is a huge cap hit and makes more then he is worth, do they want an extremely overpaid guy like that?

And the Schremp deal...Hes a bust for them and has no future in the NHL, if they arent willing to keep him why would anyone want a junk player like that? If they want prospects from Oilers they will go after a guy like Eberle.
players
BTW Oilers your not going to be able to get rid of your junk for good players and prospects!!!!so stop doing trades with all your junk players. !NEWS FLASH! The league has scouts and can tell if a guy like Penner turns out terrible, no one wants him so dont use guys like that in your trades! Thats same for your junk like Nilsson, Horcoff, and Schremp, NOBODY WANTS THEM!

But throw in a guy like Stortini and you got yourself a deal, the guy has a wrist shot like Sakic and speed like Niedermayer, one word: BEAST!

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4578 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  04:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sort of agree with Hockster on this one - most of the league probably realises by now that Schremp is a bust. It is unlikely that someone is willing to make the "Daigle gamble", but you never know . . . there are a lot of desperate teams out there looking for gold dust among the fool's gold. I just don't see it with Schremp though.

Ottawa would need at least one player in return with high value - a first line forward who can put up over 60 points, a very good puck moving defenceman who would be your #1 or 2, or a solid goalie with a bright future.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  09:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more I think about it the more I feel the Penguins really could make an offer that would be tough to say no to. I've read that Heatley would prefer to go to a western team, and I'm sure the Sens would prefer to send him out west as well though.

Staal, a top 4 D man (Orpik, Gill, or Scuderi) 2nd rounder for Heatley

Staal and the Dman will cancel out Heatleys contract, and they have goligoski ready to step in and take over the empty d spot. Throw in the 2nd rounder for good measure and it's a fairly tempting deal.

The Sens drop a guy who doesn't want to be there, get a solid, young 2 way center, a solid responsible d man and a draft pick.

The Pens lose a little depth at center but gain the trigger man they've been dreaming about.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  10:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C'mon guys, help a brother out. I know Schremp is not an NHL player(again, against many of my so called fan brothers) but I want to unload him.

Please, Please, please someone take this tool off my hands for more value than he's worth. I need a break!!!

Ok, I'll leave Schremp in and switch Gilbert for Visnovsky?? Is that good enough??

No.

Ok, how about Horcoff, Schremp, Gilbert, and a Waybe Gretzky Rookie Card???



(Trust me, point taken. I know Schremp is about as valuable as 6 pack of empty water bottles.)

Edited by - Beans15 on 06/11/2009 18:32:06
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  10:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it makes you feel any better Beansy ol boy when I play with Edmontons AHL affiliate on NHL09 Schremp really tears it up.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5382
( )

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  10:23:32  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

Staal, a top 4 D man (Orpik, Gill, or Scuderi) 2nd rounder for Heatley



Ottawa already has a guy like Staal. An overpaid 2 way centre making $4M+ per year. His name is Fisher.

Sorry this won't work.

I say, get Atlanta to extend Kovie's contract to match Heaters and a one for one trade Heater for Kovie.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  10:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hhhhmmmm...did you really just compare Fisher to Staal???
Go to Top of Page

Guest5382
( )

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  11:06:28  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

hhhhmmmm...did you really just compare Fisher to Staal???


Yup. Care to explain why one is different from the other, outside of age and some physical differences?

They play the same style. Statistically similar results (though the edge might go to Fisher).
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  12:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Points in first 3 years...

Fisher - 52 Staal - 119

Points in last 3 years

Fisher - 127 Staal - 119

Looks like they most certainly are performing at roughly the same clip. The problem is it took Fisher an extra 6 years to get there.

Age

Fisher - 29 Staal - 21

Staal is 8 years Fishers Jr. I would be willing to bet Fisher has hit a ceiling and Staal is looking at the sky right now.

Injuries

Fisher - Lot's Staal - None

Staal thus far has proven much more reliable in this category.

You can't really compare these players, Staal is hands down the more desirable player. However there isn't a team in the league who wouldn't want the opportunity to have 2 players on their team who play their style. 2 way hockey wins games, this is what both of them bring. Staal has a better scoring touch and from watching a fair bit of both players I can objectivly say he's tougher on the puck, has better vision, and can match up against the opposite teams star better.




Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  13:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all I don't see Heatley going anyway but here is a possible trade

To Ottawa
Hemsy
Eberle
1st pick

To Edmonton
Heatley

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  13:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joshua Canada I know you don't like Alfredsson (no idea why) but you've got to be realistic he has played all his life as a Senator and will remain a Senator for the rest of his career
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

So far this is the one I like the most.

The rights to Keith Yandall(or a signed contract) and Shane Doan

Straight up for Heatly

Ottawa gets a young puck moving D man and a bonified leader in the room in Shane Doan. Paves the way for a Alfredson trade which is long over due in my opinion. Ottawa gets to shed more salarie and Pheonix has a top 10 player in the fold to draw fans support wherever they end up.



You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1877 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  13:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

Joshua Canada I know you don't like Alfredsson (no idea why) but you've got to be realistic he has played all his life as a Senator and will remain a Senator for the rest of his career
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

So far this is the one I like the most.

The rights to Keith Yandall(or a signed contract) and Shane Doan

Straight up for Heatly

Ottawa gets a young puck moving D man and a bonified leader in the room in Shane Doan. Paves the way for a Alfredson trade which is long over due in my opinion. Ottawa gets to shed more salarie and Pheonix has a top 10 player in the fold to draw fans support wherever they end up.



You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

1st off I have nothing but respect for Alfie and his contribution's to this team. He is (usually) a class act and I will miss his production. He could as you say be a lifer with the Sens.

I would like to see a Canadian leader in the room who could take the bull by the horn and smack a couple of players around, when they are not producing or playing in the team system. I basically want a Iginla clone to play for this team.

For his salarie we could get 2 players to perform 150% percent of his production and produce fewer late game errors, due to his being overplayed ( pk1, pp1, scoring1)
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  18:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

First of all I don't see Heatley going anyway but here is a possible trade

To Ottawa
Hemsy
Eberle
1st pick

To Edmonton
Heatley

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky




Are you joking???? One of the leagues premeir wingers (top 20 for sure) a signed 1st round pick and another 1st round pick???

Seriously, does anyone actually see 'real' trades when they happen???


This is not even in the ball park of close.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1877 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  19:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like a fair deal. Both Heatly and Hemsky are 1 dimensional players with similar stats this year, not so similar if you go back a few years. Heatly had 39 goals on a team which saw there production reduced by 1/3. He himself is isolated by the opposition as the goto guy for goal scoring. Hemsky had 23 goals, his best season ever. Although Hemsky is isolated by other teams as the best playmaking Oiler on offence, the well is much deeper in Edmonton for depth on scoring. Plus Hemsky is not a 50 goal a year guy.

Find another free agent available with 2 season of that, this offseason. I am not familiar with Eberle so forgive me for my ignorance. I think 1st rounders are going to be thown around like candy before and during the draft, except the top 6. Bet you Ottawa gets a similar offer from one team, or another, prior next preseason.

By the way I like Hemsky I want him, (want him, want him) to play for the Ottawa Senators.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8741
( )

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  20:39:14  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

C'mon guys, help a brother out. I know Schremp is not an NHL player(again, against many of my so called fan brothers) but I want to unload him.

Please, Please, please someone take this tool off my hands for more value than he's worth. I need a break!!!

Ok, I'll leave Schremp in and switch Gilbert for Visnovsky?? Is that good enough??

No.

Ok, how about Horcoff, Schremp, Gilbert, and a Waybe Gretzky Rookie Card???



(Trust me, point taken. I know Schremp is about as valuable as 6 pack of empty water bottles.)



Its the post glory days curse - if we trade Schremp he will become an all star somewhere else. Keep him, he never pans out in the big show.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  08:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans is right.

Hemsky, Eberle and a 1st for Heatley is ridiculous. Not worth it at all for Edm. Ottawa wont get anywhere close to what they feel he is worth. Hes coming off an off year (by his standards), has a HUGE contract and seems to be a sulk... hes not worth a kings randsom.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Guest0614
( )

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  04:29:22  Reply with Quote
If you watched the world Juniors Ebrle is the guy who scored the amazing goal with like 1 second left in the Semi-finals
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Seems like a fair deal. Both Heatly and Hemsky are 1 dimensional players with similar stats this year, not so similar if you go back a few years. Heatly had 39 goals on a team which saw there production reduced by 1/3. He himself is isolated by the opposition as the goto guy for goal scoring. Hemsky had 23 goals, his best season ever. Although Hemsky is isolated by other teams as the best playmaking Oiler on offence, the well is much deeper in Edmonton for depth on scoring. Plus Hemsky is not a 50 goal a year guy.

Find another free agent available with 2 season of that, this offseason. I am not familiar with Eberle so forgive me for my ignorance. I think 1st rounders are going to be thown around like candy before and during the draft, except the top 6. Bet you Ottawa gets a similar offer from one team, or another, prior next preseason.

By the way I like Hemsky I want him, (want him, want him) to play for the Ottawa Senators.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1877 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  09:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Beans is right.

Hemsky, Eberle and a 1st for Heatley is ridiculous. Not worth it at all for Edm. Ottawa wont get anywhere close to what they feel he is worth. Hes coming off an off year (by his standards), has a HUGE contract and seems to be a sulk... hes not worth a kings randsom.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

New coach and a Defensive system that didn't suit his game. Less playing time and being called out by the team and coach as being the underperformer on your team. All this while leading his team in scoring and points on a team which was struggling with injuries to his linemates. I wouldn't call him a sulk just a product of the environment in Ottawa last year.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1877 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  09:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plus the system of play and potential linemates in Edmonton may make this a match made in heaven. This guy play's with heart, all heart. Consistantly leading NHL and International points.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page