Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Arizona / Phoenix
 Coyotes in Trouble Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  15:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gretzky's boys sure have sucked so far. Am I the only one who saw this coming a mile away. Jovo was a bad signing and a defensive liability. Nolan and Roenick are washed up wastes of cap space. This could be a long season for the Yotes.

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  10:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This exactly what i predicted from the signing off gretsky...he can play but the can't coach...i say he sticks to ford advertizing

jo paulo
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  06:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree, gretz i thought you would have learned something from your time with NYR. A bunch of big names does not equate to wins. But I am glad they are playing the oil tonight and i have tickets right behing the penalty box so i am glad the coyotes are struggling.
i think gretz is a bit to sentimental and gave some old buddies one last chance, i bet if mess was still playing he would be there as well.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  13:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Kayden 66

Gretzky's boys sure have sucked so far. Am I the only one who saw this coming a mile away.

I saw it coming too. Gretzky was a great player but he's not such a great coach. That's often the case--great athletes have skill but they can't teach it.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  15:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy
i bet if mess was still playing he would be there as well.

haha I bet your right. I have heard rumors that Hitchcock could be on his way to Phoenix to help out Gretzky. Barnett fired - Gretz takes over as GM and Hitchcock as coach. Even if that were to happen I think you guys are right - the players they have brought in are brutal. Time to rebuild.

Edited by - pucker on 11/01/2006 15:29:37
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  20:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They both have the same problem, terrible players with one or two exceptions. Problem is that those exceptions (Doan, Nagy, Forsberg, etc.) are very injury-prone and miss a lot of games.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  23:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

Barnett fired - Gretz takes over as GM and Hitchcock as coach. Even if that were to happen I think you guys are right - the players they have brought in are brutal. Time to rebuild.

Hey pucker, I just saw on TSN tonight that Hitchcock signed as a Head Scout for some club, can't remember which one. Don't know how binding that is though.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  23:23:15  Reply with Quote
ya know. I'm not so sure I agree with the sentiment that he is a bad coach. Gretzky is probably a phoenomenal coach. The problem is that he is an owner too and probably helped in making some bad recruiting decisions. Among many other great qualities, I'd bet he is a pretty motivational guy in the room/bench and that is half the battle for a leader.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  07:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Hey pucker, I just saw on TSN tonight that Hitchcock signed as a Head Scout for some club, can't remember which one. Don't know how binding that is though.

Head Pro Scout - Philly Flyers

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest0902
( )

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  17:27:49  Reply with Quote
Wow. You guys are way off. Gretz had nothing to do with the recruiting. He's the COACH. Not the GM.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  18:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you think that he had nothing to do with recruiting you're crazy. As owner, coach, and the fact he is the Great One, I'm sure he had EVERYTHING to do with recruiting.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  15:31:43  Reply with Quote
Every Coyote except their staff sucks (cuz lotsa former oilers are in the phoenix staff)
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  16:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they have good players but there coach really isnt doing to well
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  16:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

Gretzky's boys sure have sucked so far. Am I the only one who saw this coming a mile away.

I saw it coming too. Gretzky was a great player but he's not such a great coach. That's often the case--great athletes have skill but they can't teach it.

Denis Savard aint doing a bad job
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  07:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nolan is not doing that bad but Roenick is a joke.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7418
( )

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  09:48:04  Reply with Quote
I don't think a lot of people get it... Phoenix just doesnt have a very good team, period. You cannot judge a coach based on wins and losses alone. Gretz has done a remarkable job with what he has available on the ice (Phoenix has a HUGE streak after the Christmas break - only the Canucks were better). For Gretz to get 25 wins out of that team is quite impressive. (We're talking more than, or close to, wins by Toronto, Rangers, Islanders, Boston, Washington, Florida, Colorado, ...)

Impressive! with that team? .. Very impressive!

Pheonix just sent Nagy packing in prep for the upcoming years... they are officially a 'seller' now and are in rebuilding mode... few more years of hurt for Phx before they turn it around... tough times for Gretz, but i'm sure he'll pull them thru....
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  13:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7418

I don't think a lot of people get it... Phoenix just doesnt have a very good team, period. You cannot judge a coach based on wins and losses alone. Gretz has done a remarkable job with what he has available on the ice (Phoenix has a HUGE streak after the Christmas break - only the Canucks were better). For Gretz to get 25 wins out of that team is quite impressive. (We're talking more than, or close to, wins by Toronto, Rangers, Islanders, Boston, Washington, Florida, Colorado, ...)

Impressive! with that team? .. Very impressive!

that is exactly what i was going to say
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  13:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I hope thats not the case wiht Yzerman and Team Canada

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  14:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL hopefully not
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  15:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL hopefully not

LOL hopefully
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  16:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gretzky's boys sure have sucked so far. Am I the only one who saw this coming a mile away. Jovo was a bad signing and a defensive liability. Nolan and Roenick are washed up wastes of cap space. This could be a long season for the Yotes.

Yep, Gretz made a few bad decisions there...

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --King Claudius, Hamlet

lol
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  16:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phoenix really dosent have a good team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll