Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Quick questions: Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6648
( )

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  12:35:43  Reply with Quote
These will probably sound dumb but I'd just like confirmation of my assumtions so I'm sure of the system.

1. The penalty min value is per ONE min right? So if I assign a value of -0.2, a minor penalty would be a -0.4 hit. I'm assuming its per min can anyone confirm this?

2. Plus minus question - since I'm unable to use negative numbers in the minus scoring section, a positive number will take points away for minus stats. ie. 5 in the minus box, a minus 3 player will be hit with -15. Again stupid questions but I've never used this before. Glad I found it though, its unbelievable.

Thanks in advance.

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  13:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. yes
2. I think so

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  16:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guest 6648,

Great questions, and yes, you understand both perfectly...

1) the penalty values are based on per minute.
2) numbers in the minus category will take away that amount for each tick. so a minus 3 with a "5" in the minus category will result in a minus 15 points for that night. Conversely in the plus side if the player is +3 for the game and you have a 5 in there they will earn 15 points.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6648
( )

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  17:30:29  Reply with Quote
Perfect. Thanks you very much for the clarification. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6694
( )

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  01:06:18  Reply with Quote
Hello again. Just a question now that the pool has started (looks great btw). I have a couple players which have injury notes from last season still attached to them. ie. Morrow out indef. on IR. Pretty sure those guys are healthy now. So I was just wondering if this will take care of itself or what will happen. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  09:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you're liking it! We're part way through updating the injury list. Also, when a player ends up on a roster for a game the system will automatically update them accordingly, so once all the teams ahve played a game it self-sorts. Regardless, we should have it all sorted out this weekend. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6628
( )

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  14:23:26  Reply with Quote
Oh ok. No rush. I was just curious. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4078
( )

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  23:18:42  Reply with Quote
hi i have a pool on here and just wanted to ask what is the difference between a "split" and "replacement" trade, thank you
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  00:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Replacement Trade means that you trade away ALL the points of the first player and pick up ALL the points of the second player. A Split Trade means that you keep the points of the traded player up to the trade date and start collecting points of the acquired player after the trade date.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4078
( )

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  00:15:42  Reply with Quote
thank you thatw what i thought but i wasnt sure, also i tried to make trades but it seems to not be working because usually the player traded for will show up on your roster in white letters but it doesnt now, any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4078
( )

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  13:29:02  Reply with Quote
yeah i made trades and hey dont show up in the view pool section but they show up in the manage rosters section
Go to Top of Page

Guest6683
( )

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  18:22:41  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm an idiot but what do the x and ! mean after the numbers in the pool standings?
Go to Top of Page

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  18:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guest6683, x means the player is below the round point average and the ! means he is the leading scorer in that round the player was drafted. it's on the legend at the bottom of the standings table.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  19:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
trades show up TWO days after your trade date. the day of the trade the old player still collects points, so the next day his points from the previous day are displayed. Then on the second day the new player's points will show up - while the old player shows up in white.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page