Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 alex ovechkin - goal total Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rilo
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  04:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
how many goals will alex ovechkin score this year (09/10)

Choices:

sharksfan44
Rookie

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  08:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's gotten off to such a hot start. 3 goals in the first 2 games already. that first line of ovie backstrom and semin is looking so dangerous. i voted for 51-60 goals but he could very easily score 60-70 goals

Edited by - sharksfan44 on 10/04/2009 08:47:55
Go to Top of Page

50brent
Top Prospect

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  12:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya i agree sharksfan when I was watching the Leafs and Capitals last night it seemed every time that line of Semin Backstrom and Ovechkin were on the ice they produced a scoring chance, if they could get green to jump in with those 3 guys that line would be virtually unstoppable. Its going to be an interesting year.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  13:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AO is a really talented goal scorer so I say 51-60 goals.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  17:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't believe last year was a one time thing. I can truly see this guy putting up another 60-70 goal season this year. I'm not sure he'll go over the 70 mark just yet, but he'll finish in between.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  19:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would argue he's playing the type of game that lends itself to more goals this year than in any other season, not just because of the quick start.

If you watch the games you'll see that literally every shift that he's on the ice he's making things happen. Aside from his 5 goals he's hit two posts (that I saw) this season and had a bunch of other chances just not convert.

The Capitals are playing offense or bust and it's working. Ovechkin has 5-6 legitamite scoring chances a game. Right now he's been averaging a conversion rate of just under two. If he's really hungry for it and stays on top of his game he could average a goal a game. The raw material is there.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  09:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I had to pick one player to break Gretzky's 50 in 39 games bench mark it would be this guy. He has 5 goals in 3 games thus far. If he could stay at this pace, it probably won’t happen, but he would be at 65 goals in 39 games. If he can score 5 Goals every 3 games he will hit that mark in 30 games (Never Happen) but even if he would score 5 goals every 4 games over 39 games he would end up with 48.75 goals. As good as he is and with his line mates playing the way they are this isn't a complete write off in my books. We could see a truly remarkable record broken by OV this year or in the future.

Edited by - tbar on 10/07/2009 09:47:46
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  11:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tbar

If I had to pick one player to break Gretzky's 50 in 39 games bench mark it would be this guy. He has 5 goals in 3 games thus far. If he could stay at this pace, it probably won’t happen, but he would be at 65 goals in 39 games. If he can score 5 Goals every 3 games he will hit that mark in 30 games (Never Happen) but even if he would score 5 goals every 4 games over 39 games he would end up with 48.75 goals. As good as he is and with his line mates playing the way they are this isn't a complete write off in my books. We could see a truly remarkable record broken by OV this year or in the future.

Yes, AO's line is like awesome. A0 got 5 goals, I think Semin got 4 and backstrom got lots of assists, this line is the best.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page