Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 HHOF 2009 vs 2007 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9838
( )

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:45:00  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
2 of the best Hall of Fame classes ever, this cannot be disputed. But which is better? and for that matter how does it compare to some of the other great classes?

I'm restricting the list to have at least 3 players per induction year, i.e. 1999 - just Gretzky can't be the best

Choices:

2009 - Yzerman, Leetch, Robitaille, Hull
2007 - Messier, Stevens, Francis, MacInnis
2004 - Bourque, Coffey, Murphy
2001 - Kurri, Hawerchuk Gartner, Fetisov
1988 - Esposito, Lafleur, Park, O''''''''Connor
1983 - Dryden, Hull, Mikita
1972 - Beliveau, Geoffrion, Howe, Smith, Holmes
Other (Cases can probably be made for 98, 92, 91, 84, 79, 75, etc)

Edited by - willus3 on 11/10/2009 17:51:27

Guest6659
( )

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  13:33:27  Reply with Quote
1972, Beliveau, Howe, nuff said. Two of the greatest players of all time.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  14:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6659

This could be said about any one of the Classes from any year. That's the point of the HOF, the best players of all time get inducted.

Personally, I can't comment on the older one's very well. Didn't see enough of all the players to say.

My personal choice would be a tie.The Messier class (with Francis) was the only time 2 of the top 5 scoreres of all time (at induction) were in the same class. Or the Coffey/Bourque class where one could argue that the best all around defenseman(Bourque) and the best offensive defensemen(Coffey) since 1980 (had to qualify that or Willus will smack me around with Bobby Orr again!) were in the same group.

However, this one is pretty sick. 3rd all time leading goal scorer, top LW productivity wise of all time (only Gretzky and Bossy had more 40 goal seasons that Lucky Luc), and a very close 2nd to the best leader hockey has ever seen. Add in the architect behind the sick Jersey teams for the past decade. Lou wrote the book on how to build a team for long term success.

There really isn't a wrong answer here. It's personal preference.

Those are mine.
Go to Top of Page

rross
Top Prospect

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  08:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

[quote]Originally posted by Guest6659

This could be said about any one of the Classes from any year. That's the point of the HOF, the best players of all time get inducted.

Personally, I can't comment on the older one's very well. Didn't see enough of all the players to say.

My personal choice would be a tie.The Messier class (with Francis) was the only time 2 of the top 5 scoreres of all time (at induction) were in the same class. Or the Coffey/Bourque class where one could argue that the best all around defenseman(Bourque) and the best offensive defensemen(Coffey) since 1980 (had to qualify that or Willus will smack me around with Bobby Orr again!) were in the same group.

However, this one is pretty sick. 3rd all time leading goal scorer, top LW productivity wise of all time (only Gretzky and Bossy had more 40 goal seasons that Lucky Luc), and a very close 2nd to the best leader hockey has ever seen. Add in the architect behind the sick Jersey teams for the past decade. Lou wrote the book on how to build a team for long term success.

There really isn't a wrong answer here. It's personal preference.

Those are mine.

My point was that Howe and Beliveau were just a cut above any two players in other HOF inductee years. 2009 would be right there as well.

Go Habs Go!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  14:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howe and Beliveau from yesterday are very similar to Messier and Francis. 2 of the all time greatest right??

One could argue there were 2 of all time greatest in nearly every HOF class.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page