Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Greatest goalie ever? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Old Dawg
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  13:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although you have some of greats listed, my choice for the top 5 goalie of all time are:

1. Terry Sawchuk - amazing goalie and was able to win games on weak teams, he played thru many injuries.Outstanding records for many years of career wins and soon to lose shutout records.

2. Glen Hall - record of consectutive games played probably never to be broken. Even as a 40 year old goalie was one of the best of all time. He played on the expansion St. Louis Blues and led them to the Stanley Cup finals 5 times as a 40 year old. Amazing!!!!

3. Parick Roy - Though I'm not a fan of his as a Wife-Beater( he should of been in prison). He did carry the Canadien to a couple of Stanley Cup wins that they should of had no business of winning.

4 Marty Brodeur - One of the best of current crop of goalies. I admire him in his quest of the career wins and shutouts records. He may of had some good defenses in the past , but he has stole many games by himself.

5. Jacques Plante - Outstanding reflexes and the inventator that has probalby saved the lives of many goalie with the use of the mask.

Other mentionably are: Bernie Parent, Johnny Bower, Gump Worsley, Turk Broda, George Hainsworth.

Ken Dryden should not be on this list. He would be lucky to be mentioned in the Top 50 of all time.

Sorry but that is my opinion. Let's agree to disagree. thanks
Go to Top of Page

deadalive
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  01:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty doessn't know goalies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  05:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to comment on the goalies I never saw live, but I'll say this about them: it sure seems like they had an even harder job back then compared to now.

Smaller pads, less padding, smaller sweaters, and no bloody mask for the real old ones. You truly had to be a madman back in the day to play goal. Full amount of respect to them.

To comment on the best goalie I've seen and whose career is now over - it's gotta be Roy. A money goaltender, when the chips were down and you needed that big save, he somehow came up with it. Played with flair and fire, and he'd be my #1 right now.

When Brodeur retires, however, it'll be real close . . . if Jersey does as well as I think they might do this year andpossibly next - it could be him in the end, but we'll have to wait and see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page