Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who will win the Northwest division title in 09/10 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest5266
( )

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  20:28:39  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who end up number 1 in the Northwest?

Choices:

Colorado
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver
Minnesota

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  12:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it may be a fight for the finish between Calgary and Edmonton. I still give it to Calgary but I've seen Edmonton improving every game and as per usual they will be better in the second half of the season. Calgary still has not beat the Avs and Edmonton has done it twice, this division will come down to which team wins the season series between each team in it. That being said if Edmonton wants to be at the top they will have to beat Calgary in their next 3 meetings to tie the series in order to have a chance at #1. I don't count out the Canucks either but I have not really seen them play so I can't comment on them.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  12:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it remains as i predicted at the outset to the season. It will come down to Calgary and Vancouver.

Gus, how can you see the Oilers improving with every game? Before last nights 4 goal comeback win in a battle of backup goalies, the Oil had lost 7 of 8 games. Sure, 2 were by shootout, but still.......
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  12:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The team is starting to come back from injury is what I mean. They started really good this year and could be in a position far better than they are in now if it wasn't for the injuries and the flu. I know they have used that excuse for far to long now but I think it was a fair excuse considering. Now Comrie has mono and Pisani is probably gone for the season with another bout of colitis but they should have JF back this week and Ryan Stone soon too. If this team knew who was going to be able to play day after day it might be a little easier to practice for upcoming games. If Luongo plays like I know he can play then I would give the Canucks second in the west with the Oil right on their a$$ but he has been inconsistant, although I'm sure that won't be the case for the whole season.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

Guest0965
( )

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  01:36:26  Reply with Quote
I'm a huge diehard canucks fun.
but honestly i think calgary will get hot at the end and will take the division title this year.
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  11:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We owe Canucks a come from behind title. I dont think it will happen this year, like it did last year, so it will be between Calgary and Colorado. But who knows! Nice to track you down again Alex116!!! I thought I lost you in the Canuck bashing forum, but alas here you are.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  22:47:02  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I think it remains as i predicted at the outset to the season. It will come down to Calgary and Vancouver.

Gus, how can you see the Oilers improving with every game? Before last nights 4 goal comeback win in a battle of backup goalies, the Oil had lost 7 of 8 games. Sure, 2 were by shootout, but still.......

The Oilers have lost most of their games this year by 1 or 2 goals, and on their road trip they only lost to Atlanta by more than one and I think they got an empty netter. So if you give them a fully healthy Horcoff, one of Grebeshkov or Chorney, Stone, Jaques, Comrie, etc the Oilers will be a tough team for no matter who they play. Im not saying they are going to win their division but they should make the playoffs
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  11:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9235

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

The Oilers have lost most of their games this year by 1 or 2 goals, and on their road trip they only lost to Atlanta by more than one and I think they got an empty netter. So if you give them a fully healthy Horcoff, one of Grebeshkov or Chorney, Stone, Jaques, Comrie, etc the Oilers will be a tough team for no matter who they play. Im not saying they are going to win their division but they should make the playoffs

Thank you for that info....but the question was "who will win the NW div title". No where did i suggest that the Oilers were bad, wouldn't make the playoffs or anything like that. I just questioned how Gusteroni found the Oilers had improved with every game seeing as they'd lost 7 of 8. He replied with his take that they were getting healthy, etc. I'm good with that. Now you're telling me they're likely to make the playoffs?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4686
( )

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  22:15:05  Reply with Quote
is no one giving the avalanche any credit, still? come on guys, look at the way they are playing! its going to be a battle to the end between calgary and colorado, and i believe calgary has to prove they can beat the avs before they are considered tops in the NW. GO AVS GO!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  22:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4686

is no one giving the avalanche any credit, still? come on guys, look at the way they are playing! its going to be a battle to the end between calgary and colorado, and i believe calgary has to prove they can beat the avs before they are considered tops in the NW. GO AVS GO!

The credit i gave them was "biggest surprise thus far". I don't think they can keep it up though and judging by their last 8 games (6 pts out of a possible 16) they may have started to come "back down to earth"? Me, i don't see them continuing the pace they set at the beginning yet it might be enough to get them into the playoffs? I don't however, see them with much of a shot to win the division.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page