Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... International Hockey
 Team Modo (Swedish Elite) Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  17:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MODO Hockey of the Swedish Elite League recently added Peter Forsberg & Markus Naslund to their roster as i'm sure most of you already know, and it did not take long for these two childhood friends to reaquaint themselves on the ice aswell.

In the first period of their first game back, Naslund setup Forsberg for MODO's first goal of the game.

MODO have a few other players NHL fans may know, including Dan Hinote, Niklas Sundstrom & Mattias Timander.

With the additions of Forsberg & Naslund, they may be a top of the Elitserien.

--------

I'd love to watch a few of these games, perhaps I can find an online stream for their next game. I'd like to see how well Naslund & Forsberg do, especially togeather. It was nice to read about Naslund setting up Forsberg for the teams first goal in their return.

Irvine

Guest0937
( )

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  17:50:30  Reply with Quote
hey Irvine,

I'm not sure how good it is for Modo games, but this is the site I use to stream live sports. Its usually good quality and they don't miss many NHL games.

http://www.atdhe.net/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Guest0939
( )

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  23:08:52  Reply with Quote
I tried to do a thread on this earlier and nobody cared. unless it's about a canadian NHL team or the canadian olympic team the thread will fall on deaf ears.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  23:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear! I hope naslund plays great over there, he was definitely one of the best Canucks of all time! Good luck and hopefully we will get his jersey retired next season!

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  10:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wonder if we will see Naslund and Forseberg on the swedish olympic team this year??

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  10:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To address guest 0939:

No the thread does not fall on deaf ears . . . just because you didn't get any responses doesn't mean we didn't read it. Besides, most of us here are sick and tired of Forsberg's continuing comeback scenarios every two years.

Yeah, it's nice for those guys to have a place to play I suppose, and it would be interesting to see them play for Sweden if it comes up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  12:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

i wonder if we will see Naslund and Forseberg on the swedish olympic team this year??

Pasty

I thought the same thing originally as well but I heard that Naslund is ineligble for the Olympic roster becuase his name wasn't submitted as a possible player in August. Anyone know if this is true?

Its a rule that just came to my attention that nations apparently had to submit a master list of all possible players whether they were invited to an orientation camp or not. Becuase Naslund didn't show any signs of coming out of retirement his name wasn't included, again not sure how accurate all this is but interested if anyone knows the answer.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  15:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think this is the case Tiller but i could be wrong? Otherwise, i'm sure all this Dustin Penner talk would be worthless as i'm pretty certain Canada didn't see his HOT start coming?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4266
( )

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  15:54:58  Reply with Quote
Yes that's an accurate rule and it also applies to Penner, sorry Beans. Countries need to first submit an elibigle player list of ANYONE who might play on the team, then they need to later submit a final roster.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  16:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone who thinks that a player has to be 'listed' to be on the team is............

dead wrong!!

Here is the original story when Canada had their orientation camp. In this story is:

Players not invited to the orientation camp can still be considered for both the 2010 Olympic Winter Games and 2010 IIHF World Championship. Although the 2002 and 2006 Olympic teams were comprised entirely of players who had been invited to camp.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=12421.html

Here is another piece of information that says:

Team Canada’s 23-player roster will be announced on Dec. 31 and most likely will coincide with the celebration of the world junior tournament which is taking place in Saskatoon during that time. According to IIHF rules, all countries must name their men’s 23-player Olympic hockey rosters by Dec 31, unless they have special permission to name later, like Team USA. They will name their roster on Jan. 1, 2010, at the Winter Classic. However, what does this all mean?

Basically, it means Yzerman and his staff’s job doesn’t end the day they name that 23-man roster.

The Dec. 31st announcement day may be when teams have to name 23 players, but men’s Olympic rosters are not really final until Feb. 15 – the night before the first game.

So, if there is an injury between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15, Yzerman and company can replace a player or players. Or even if a player is not playing well and they want to replace him with another (highly doubtful, of course), but they can do that too.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/11/once_olympic_roster_is_announc.html

So there is hope for my boy Penner all the way until February 15th.

Same rules apply for every country.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  01:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans....or anyone for that matter?

What's with the US being allowed to name their team later? just curious?

As for the rest of it...i figured as much. Beans, thanks for posting this.

As for Penner...Go Penner Go? Okay, well maybe, Good luck Dustin?

ps. Obviously we can't expect the same production without Hemsky, but it'll be interesting to see just how well he plays and how many points he can get without him?
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  20:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex:

They were granted special permission to announce on January 1, 2010 due specifically to the NHL Winter Classic.

They wanted to announce the Roster during the Classic, to do it in that atmosphere, with all of the people there, etc...

Thus the IIHF granted them special permissions. As Canada will do it in Saskatoon, during the IIHF World Juniors (from my understanding.) But, Canada did not need a days extension for this, as it will be done on the 31st game.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  20:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canada will be annoucing our team on the 30th NOT 31st, Steve Yzerman switched days so to not take away from the Canada vs USA game on New Years eve, I believe the Press Conference is at noon.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page