Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 most under rated player/goalie Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  18:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I wouldn't call Toskala a backup seen as him and Nabokov split the goaltending duties equally. But he is DEFINITELY heavily under-rated.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4033
( )

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  18:40:54  Reply with Quote
what's with the giguere love? he's probably been the most overrated goalie EVER. without nied&prong he (and the ducks) are nothing...
having said that... olaf kolzig & manny legace for goalies

i agree 100% w/ schaefer & rolston, but what about chris clark, scott hartnell, alexi ponikovarosky, steve staios, & colby armstrong??? anyone?
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  15:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Well I wouldn't call Toskala a backup seen as him and Nabokov split the goaltending duties equally. But he is DEFINITELY heavily under-rated.

true

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  15:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what about alexander semin?? ovy has all the gory for washington but semin is setting him up all the time

thats where i got my name (becuase he does rule)

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  17:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4033

what's with the giguere love? he's probably been the most overrated goalie EVER. without nied&prong he (and the ducks) are nothing...
having said that... olaf kolzig & manny legace for goalies

i agree 100% w/ schaefer & rolston, but what about chris clark, scott hartnell, alexi ponikovarosky, steve staios, & colby armstrong??? anyone?

i'd say Chris Clark is under rated but none of those others
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  17:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reiko24

Chris Drury is underrated big time

Drury underrated? I don't think so. He gets a fair amount of credit and good comments during Sabres games. He's not ignored at all.

quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

In my opinion Martin Straka

That I agree with. Straka is a great all-around player and perhaps the reason he is less focused on is because Jagr and Shanahan get all the attention. But Straka is not one to ignore.

I'd also say that Toskala and Vanek are underrated.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/14/2007 17:47:33
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  18:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, Nabokov is a billion times better than toskala....Toskala's style is reminiscent of something from the 70's...I think Nabokov has a terrific technical game, with perfect positioning.....Don't get me wrong, Toskala is ok, but he isn't pretty to watch.

Martin Biron is the most underrated goaltender in the league...I think the talent gap between him and miller is miniscule at best....I hope bufallo trades him soon (preferably to Toronto hahahaha), so he can develope into a first class #1.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4294
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  07:27:27  Reply with Quote
Who cares what Toskala looks like if he can stop a puck? Hasek ain't that pretty either but he gets the job done doesn't he?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4139
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  08:01:40  Reply with Quote
I'm not a Brunis fan, but i'mm gonna go with two of em. Tim Thomas is the most underrated goalie by far, you'd know if he didn't play for Boston. And judging by the way we laughed and laughed when my buddy picked Glen Murray, and the amount of points he's got; he's definently the most underrated player. Mattias Ohlund is really underrated as well.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4294

Who cares what Toskala looks like if he can stop a puck? Hasek ain't that pretty either but he gets the job done doesn't he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think any young goalie SHOULD care how he/she looks...Toskala and hasek are a rare group.....Sound technical play makes goaltending substantially easier....Sloppy goalies have a habit of being inconsistent (minus hasek)...Tim thomas and curtis joseph are proof that lack of technique leads to inconsistent play!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/15/2007 14:10:29
Go to Top of Page

Guest2880
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  15:29:21  Reply with Quote
how come no one is mentioning cory stillman? No one talks of him at all... 80 points in 2004 helped tampa win the cup, high 70's in 2006 played a major role in the playoffs and was a serious conn smyth contender. Also i could throw in that Martin straka is highly underrated, in new york as in pitsburg jagr got all the glory.

Btw gigure is not even close to being underrated... ever since his run to the finals a couple years back his stock has been through the roof

And Drury is that a joke, have you seen how hard tsn is sucking buffalo's d*** lately?
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree that Stillman is waaaaay underrated. He only makes 1.75 million/year and has put up about 75points a season for the last 3 years. Good call 2880!
Go to Top of Page

Guest1461
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:49:34  Reply with Quote
goalie is Voukon in nashville cuz he is shuttin the door for them
player is Roman Hamrlik for calgary because he is a +24 and plays 25 min a night
dion phaneuf gets all the credit but when hamrlik was out phaneuf was a minus 9
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  17:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IHC, Joseph has one really crappy year and that makes him a bad goalie?? His career is done, no question, but how can you say the goalie with the 5th most career wins is bad?? He has over a 100 more than Hasek! Oh, right, because you are a goalie. Ya, now I remember. You know everything about hockey and goaltending because you are a goalie. Well, with your knowledge alone I am amazed that you are not starting in the NHL today. Why again are you not a big league player??

Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  18:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, i like cujo, but he has always been inconsistent.....he'll play great for a week or so, then BOOM, he s***s the bed....He has always done it...maybe if you guys actually followed hockey, you'd get it. He let down the leafs numerous times in the big games in the playoffs....99 vs. buffalo in the semi's...let by 6 goals in 2 periods...then he tanked against the devils in game 7...and vs carolina in a deciding game...Cujo is one of my all-time favs, but he does have a habit of bombing in random games...Ed belfour (pre-lockout) was very consistent, he'd screw up puck handelling, but he was always in position for shots and that is a key for consistent goaltending...Watch Toskala too. He'll let in a goal where the puck hits the MIDDLE of the net..That is BAD POSITIONING.

ps:who the hell do you think you are? I got knocked out 4 times while playing junior hockey ....I have played with many players who are now in the nhl, and if not for injuries I probably could have had some sort of hockey career (or a scholarship at least!)...so do a little research before you go making claims like that...I never said cujo was bad..I said positional goalies are more RELIABLE...But that's a cheap shot you flake.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/15/2007 18:43:49
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may view that as a cheap shot, and to a certain degree that is the way it was intended. What is really annoying about you is that you have a this attitude about you that makes me think you are more about personal opinion than fact or logic. How am I supposed to do research on who you are? If I google "I Hate Crosby" will I find a picture of you in hockey gear that says "could have had a scholarship if he didn't get hurt." Besides that, I could care less about who you played with, who knocked you out, or what could have happened if you didn't get hurt. Your posts are what I am commenting on. And what I am saying if you don't need to have played hockey to have a educated opinion about it. Many of your posts are about your personal preference but don't make any sense. The last few are no different. You talk about Cujo being inconsistent because of his style.How do you get the 5th most wins for a goalie in history if you are inconsistent? Every goalie has bombed in games. Belfour has, Roy has, Broduer has, all of them. What is your point?? Is it that Cujo bombed while playing for your beloved Leafs?? If that is the case, then say so. At least that would make sense. It's hard to understand your point when you flip flop.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last time I checked, the topic was most underrated player, not lets poke fun at other forum members. Please Keep on Topic.

And lets stop the name calling or you are both grounded
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  21:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bower ?

After all tomorrow is another day...
Go to Top of Page

devilsjetsfan
Top Prospect

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  15:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me i would have to say tim thomas. He is an outstanding goltender and dosent get enough recognition.

Go Devils Go
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  15:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted by devilsjetsfan

For me i would have to say tim thomas. He is an outstanding goltender and dosent get enough recognition.

I totally agree with you trav, he is doing great this year and you never hear about this guy.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  18:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KariyaSelanne

quote:
Origianally posted by devilsjetsfan

I totally agree with you trav, he is doing great this year and you never hear about this guy.

Go Preds Go!!!

i agree with you guys also

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Just-in-time
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say Luongo is underated, he doesnt have much of a team but i think he is the best goalie in the Nhl, behind Martin brodeur

Go Jets Go
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page