Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Nabokov and Marleau Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest2800
( )

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:13:03  Reply with Quote
Do you think the San Jose Sharks will keep them, let them go,trade them,or keep only one of them

''GO SHARKS GO''

Guest2800
( )

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:16:19  Reply with Quote
I think they will sign Marleau 5 year extension sign Nabby for one year,[:por Nabby will retire,or leave the Sharks

''GO SHARKS GO''
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it's certainly in their best interest to re-sign both of these guys. They are both top-talents in their respective positions on any NHL team.

At the end of the day, i'm not sure they can afford to keep both. Unless one of them take a lower salary to stay in San Jose and compete for the Cup.

When it is all said and done, I believe the Sharks find a way to keep both.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  14:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think Marleau is gonna resign with the Sharks.

Flames for cup...eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  15:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they're gonna keep Nabokov and Marleau will sign somewhere else for a raise.
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  16:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marleau is already making $6.3 million and is having the best year of his career so he'll likely be getting a raise close to the $7.5 million mark at least.

Nabokov will definatley be back their next best option would be Thomas Greiss and he certainly isnt a goaltender capable fo being a regular starter, at least not yet. As for whoever said he will retire, he's only 24 so i can't see that happening.

San Jose will be in a real tough spot becuase in addition to those 2 guys they need to re-sign RFA's Joe Pavelski and Devon Setoguchi who probably command $2.5 - 3.5 million each. After next year Joe Thorton will hit the open market, So if I'm Doug wilson I want to retain all these players, and extend Thorton before next season.

The only bright spot is Rob Blake and his $4 million contract will come off the cap as he will likely retire.

It's hard to see San Jose letting Marleau walk but if it comes down to a choice between him and Nabokov you have to go with Nabokov.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  18:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently read that Marleau and the Sharks are working a new deal as we speak. Apparently, Marleau is very happy in San Jose, realized that he would have to sign for less, but he still wants to retire a Shark.

If that is the case, there is no reason why you wouldn't see one of these crazy big, crazy long deals. Keep the cap hit low but pay the player big up front.

I would be surprised to see Marleau in a different uni next year.

Nabokov?? All depends on how much he wants. He will be able to get just about anything. I don't believe there is a goalie with as many wins in the past 3 seasons outside of Luongo and Brodeur.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  18:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tiller, not sure where you got Nabokov's age as 24 but if you looked it up, you missed on your math test! Born in 75 makes him 34, not 24.

I too think they'll both be back and Marleau will likely give a little discount for his services to do so. I'm pretty sure he's happy playing with the guys he gets to play with and play for a contender. A long term deal with some of those crazy numbers like Beans said is def a possibility!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  22:50:27  Reply with Quote
Nabakov will get huge money offer from KHL, and Marleau will get lots of interest, he is finally living up to expectations
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  15:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Tiller, not sure where you got Nabokov's age as 24 but if you looked it up, you missed on your math test! Born in 75 makes him 34, not 24.

I too think they'll both be back and Marleau will likely give a little discount for his services to do so. I'm pretty sure he's happy playing with the guys he gets to play with and play for a contender. A long term deal with some of those crazy numbers like Beans said is def a possibility!

or missed the 3 key
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  15:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiller33

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

or missed the 3 key

Aha! Why do they put that darn key so close to the 2 huh!
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  16:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to humiliate people with fat fingers i guess
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page