Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Will anybody in the nhl now break #99's record? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest7961
( )

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  04:08:57  Reply with Quote
sure someone will, then brace yourself for the world's loudest whine
Go to Top of Page

Guest7116
( )

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  21:04:38  Reply with Quote
no but sam gagner will tie it!!! haha I can't believe this s*** ...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  19:39:00  Reply with Quote
Scott Gomez should be able too.

Considering that he is getting paid way more then what Gretzky got, certainly Gomez should be doing better, being that he gets paid 8million to do absolutely nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4465
( )

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  20:04:45  Reply with Quote
Only if they make the goalies wear next to no pads again.

No Helmets, no cups, no chest protectors. You'll get the goalies diving 'out of the way of the puck' rather then in the way of the puck to save it.

Possible 200pt players if you change the game completely:

Turris
Gomez
Hemsky

Atleast 5 players from the following teams with get 200pts each:

Columbus
Phoenix
Florida
Minnesota
Colorado

You have the change the game in order for this to happen though. Rule #1 Once of the the above players gets the puck, no opposing player can 'take the puck' from them, no checking. Simply put all opposing players must 'move out of the way'

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  02:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

No Helmets, no cups, no chest protectors. You'll get the goalies diving 'out of the way of the puck' rather then in the way of the puck to save it.

Turris
Gomez
Hemsky

Columbus
Phoenix
Florida
Minnesota
Colorado

You have the change the game in order for this to happen though. Rule #1 Once of the the above players gets the puck, no opposing player can 'take the puck' from them, no checking. Simply put all opposing players must 'move out of the way'

HUH? Wtf? i'm totally lost......is that meant to make someone laugh??? If so, if anyone understood enough to make themselfves, laugh, please share the explanation???
Go to Top of Page

Guest5744
( )

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  05:26:37  Reply with Quote
quote:

Columbus
Phoenix
Florida
Minnesota
Colorado

i don't think colorado and minnesota deserve to be listed with those other horrible fan base teams
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  16:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Turris
Gomez
Hemsky

Columbus
Phoenix
Florida
Minnesota
Colorado

Gomez? Really?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4306
( )

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  00:05:11  Reply with Quote
It's very interesting that another recent forum topic asks the question "will anyone score 100 points this season" while this posting asks if anyone will break Gretzky's single season record for points (215).

I think the question about scoring 100 points this season is a reasonable question, but I think it's near impossible that any existing NHL player will break Gretzky's record.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  10:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4306

It's very interesting that another recent forum topic asks the question "will anyone score 100 points this season" while this posting asks if anyone will break Gretzky's single season record for points (215).

Very well put! Wow, what a change in the way the game is played, officiated, etc. I still consider Gretzky the greatest ever, but let's face it, even he, in his prime, wouldn't be putting up those numbers in todays game! Too bad we'll never know exactly what he could have done in todays NHL? Having said that, he did have 74 more points in his 215pts year than the runner up (Lemieux)~!!!

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/11/2012 10:28:39
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  18:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But, GOMEZ, really?????
Go to Top of Page

Guest4403
( )

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  18:25:01  Reply with Quote
People should realize that no other player other than Gretzky or Lemieux have over 155 points in a season. I believe that was Yzerman in the 80s, correct me if I am wrong.

That's not just a bit but a huge amount of a gap even for players in the 80s with lesser quality goaltending. The destroyed even the other great players from that era by a LOT.

It's obvious that they wouldn't get that in todays game.

Now if Orr was playing in the 80s as a forward, we might have an argument. Even as a defenseman he still kicked ass,
Go to Top of Page

Guest0829
( )

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  18:55:08  Reply with Quote
even if a player did get on pace for those kind of records, its very unlikely that they would play the whole year. Players are bigger, faster, stronger and smarter and if someone was on pace for that I am sure they would be taken out by some sort of hit/injury.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page