Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Tanguay Re-signs with Flames Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  10:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex Tanguay re-signed with the Calgary Flames. The deal is worth $17.5 million over 5 years. So a cap hit of 3.5 mill. Obviously shipping out Regher cleared a little room to make this deal happen.

I am loving this deal for many reasons. The price is very nice and one of the rare deals these days where a player is actually worth the cost. An the fact that it is 5 years says a couple things; 1) We're committed to winning, and 2) we don't believe in rediculous timeframes.

The deal also keeps Iginla happy and a happy Iginla is a good Flames team.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  04:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me, looking in from the outside, it sure looks like a fantastic signing, and after the resurgent year Tanguay had (22g, 47a, 69 pts) is definitely cheap for the Flames.

Things sure have changed. A couple of years ago, Tanguay looked awkward in the Flames lineup, and when he left and then was re-signed . . . most of us, myself included, questioned the move as odd.

Looks like Calgary management made the right call, and like you said - a happy Iginla is great news for the franchise.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  07:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a lot of people thought Tanguay was done because he didn't gel in tampa and their was a misconception that he played poorly in mtl, but 41 pts in 50 games is right on his usual pace and he is a very capable two way player,, great move for the flames

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page