Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 whats up with alex semin? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  14:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is he lazy or just looking for a trade, is on a one yr contract and with vokoun do for a raise. is the writing on the wall for semin?

and with the lack of scoring, he's not really selling himself very well.

Edited by - willus3 on 11/20/2011 09:31:28

BucketHead
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  08:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when did semin play for boston?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  14:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think what many people don't realize when it comes to posts being in the wrong forum, is that many people cruise these forums from the PUH homepage where the most recent posts are listed. It's an easy way to check the threads which have the most recent activity/comments. So, when in a thread, such as this one, a poster has the option to begin a "new" thread. Unfortunately, it automatically goes in the category that the user is currently in, in this case "Boston". So, when the OP started his new thread and asked his question, it was likely that he did it in this manner.

This will likely continue to happen unless when posting a new thread you have to begin elsewhere, or the site gives the option of which section to put it in, kinda as a reminder to the person starting one!

Just my 2 pennies.....

Buckethead, it took me a couple second's to realize just where your sarcasm was coming from.
Go to Top of Page

BucketHead
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  19:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah sarcasm is hard to get when its posted.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4243
( )

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  19:12:15  Reply with Quote
How about what is up with Washington? Tonight was the most boring 3rd period I've ever seen (was vs tor).

I don't think I saw anyone from washington even tried.
Go to Top of Page

CrockOShight
Top Prospect

95 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  22:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't liked anything I've seen in Washington all year. I was saying that to my buddies when they were 7-0. Now, they are 10-7 - not exactly dominating.

I feel like the coach has lost their focus. They seem frustrated and confused. There seems to be confusing as to the identity of this team. Is it Boudreau's team? Or Ovechkin's? What does "accountability" mean exactly, and why aren't we talking about scoring 5 goals every night instead of some lame defensive shell that clearing isn't working?

Ovechkin on the point on the PP is weird. Jason Chimera with more ice time than Semin is weird. Marcus Johansson regularly getting benched is totally bizarre. The way Vokoun and Neuvirth have been switching starting roles all season is disconcerting. Yeah, there is definitely something wrong here.

But why are we talking about what's wrong with Semin? What's wrong with Ovechkin?? He totally sucks. He was one of the worst players on the ice in the last two games. -3 with 2 hits against the Leafs. He looked lost, confused. He had no idea where to go.

With players like this, this team should be winning. I hate blaming the coach, but it has to be the first thing considered. The era of "accountability" doesn't seem to be working with the Russians in particular. Sure, maybe it's good for the Joel Ward's and Jason Chimera's of the world; but Boudreau has to let the yolk off of the oxen here. Let's let these guys play, and see what happens.

I would say - unfortunately - a coaching change may be the answer here. BUT, give them another 10 games or so. They aren't in a desperate situation yet. Give them a couple of games, and let's see if they can get it together again.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  03:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry just relized what i did, i'll be more careful next time. no sarcasm
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  03:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ alex, thats what happened
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  03:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrockOShight

I .

But why are we talking about what's wrong with Semin? What's wrong with Ovechkin??

the reason is that i dont have ovechkin in my pool.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  09:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the system defaults to the category you are in at the time you create the thread. But it does give you the option to change it so please do.

Let's keep this thread specific to Semin please. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  10:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard there is a major rift in the dressing room. Centering around Semin/Ovechkin. Also there is the battle between Ovechkin and Boudreau which unfortunately for Boudreau he will lose.

Some quotes from Matt Bradley seem to support this.

- Said the locker room wasn't as serious as it should have been.

- Said that BB could have sat some guys down that weren't producing on the top two lines. But instead, he kept them in there. Said BB was a good coach overall though.

- Said that Semin could be the best player in the NHL. But he doesn't give enough; and basically acts like he wants to be back in Russia.

- Said Ovechkin was an "all in" guy. But also said he had some growing up to do in terms of taking care of himself.

Some direct quotes:

Matt Bradley on discipline problems w/Caps: "Not being ready to practice or missing practice with questionable injuries, that kind of thing."

Bradley: "I think our locker room was maybe a little bit too nonchalant, and guys weren’t disciplined the way they should have been."

Bradley on Semin: "So much talent, he could easily be the best player in the league, and for whatever reason, just doesn’t care."
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  11:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me, it all comes down to Alex Semin has no heart or desire.

He's there to make his living, and that is all.

He does not care how much he produces, how much he tries, etc... He just wants his pay, and to move along back to Russia sooner rather than later.

The more he produces, the more he will earn. But at this point, he's valued high enough he will still earn a good contract next season, if he chooses to stay in the NHL. Some team, will offer him what he desires.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  22:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

I've heard there is a major rift in the dressing room. Centering around Semin/Ovechkin. Also there is the battle between Ovechkin and Boudreau which unfortunately for Boudreau he will lose.

Some quotes from Matt Bradley seem to support this.
- Said the locker room wasn't as serious as it should have been.

- Said that BB could have sat some guys down that weren't producing on the top two lines. But instead, he kept them in there. Said BB was a good coach overall though.

- Said that Semin could be the best player in the NHL. But he doesn't give enough; and basically acts like he wants to be back in Russia.

- Said Ovechkin was an "all in" guy. But also said he had some growing up to do in terms of taking care of himself.

Some direct quotes:

Matt Bradley on discipline problems w/Caps: "Not being ready to practice or missing practice with questionable injuries, that kind of thing."

Bradley: "I think our locker room was maybe a little bit too nonchalant, and guys weren’t disciplined the way they should have been."

Bradley on Semin: "So much talent, he could easily be the best player in the league, and for whatever reason, just doesn’t care."

Willus...just curious where this is from? Lot's of people quote stuff without a source, but this is pretty specific and i'm wondering where you found it? Not doubting or questioning anything and to be honest, i've heard some of this stuff through other rumours/sources, but still curiuos as to where you got this info from?

Edited by - Alex116 on 11/21/2011 14:40:19
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  15:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
Willus...just curious where this is from? Lot's of people quote stuff without a source, but this is pretty specific and i'm wondering where you found it? Not doubting or questioning anything and to be honest, i've heard some of this stuff through other rumours/sources, but still curiuos as to where you got this info from?

Probably from here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/former-capitals-winger-matt-bradley-alexander-semin-just-doesnt-care/2011/08/17/gIQA40sELJ_blog.html

Matt Bradley's comments around the Caps were well documented and highly publicized when he made them in the summer.

Edited by - nuxfan on 11/21/2011 15:01:31
Go to Top of Page

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  16:15:37  Reply with Quote
Willus did a good job capturing Matt Bradley's comments regarding Alex Semin, but with respect to Ovechkin, Matt Bradley had more to say about Ovechkin than described in the posting.

Here's the full excerpt, and in fairness to Willus, this posting is under the category of "Semin," not Ovechkin. But in fairness to Ovechkin (and Matt Bradley), the fuller excerpt provides a more accurate description of Ovechkin as provided by his ex-teammate. Here are Matt Bradley's comments regarding Ovechkin:

"I never worry about Ovi. He’s an all-in guy. He’s young, he makes his mistakes, the same as anyone would. I often try to put myself in his position. And you've got to remember, he’s 25 years old, he’s got a guaranteed $120 million, he’s on top of the world, and he still for the most part makes the right decisions. I don’t worry about him, I don’t worry about most of the guys on that team. That’s why I think in the end they’ll do well.

“Ovi has some growing up to do as far as taking care of himself and things like that, but as far as his want to win, he really does just want to win the games, and he doesn’t care if he scores or not. That isn’t an act. He’s a great guy, great player. I’d never say anything bad about him."
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  17:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i can honestly say..
Semin, does NOT rule right now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic