Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Anaheim
 bobby ryan possible trade Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  10:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just heard rumor that ryan is being dangled as possible trade bait. anyone else hear anything??

Edited by - mandree888 on 11/29/2011 13:17:58

Guest8492
( )

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  10:39:05  Reply with Quote
Cool thread, lots of info. Ducks are in shambles and have no money to spend at all, so I'm pretty sure Ryan, along with the entire team is up for the (right) trade. What is he worth is a better thread. Ducks obviously need defensemen and depth at forward, and Ryan has 40+ goal capability and is still young. So they should be able to get a top 2 dman and a fringe forward (like 3rd liner) in theory. In practice, however, good luck getting any team to part with a top 2 d man.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  11:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a top-2 dman would be difficult to pry away from any team, but a top-4 dman would be doable for many teams - add in a reasonable forward and perhaps prospects and/or picks, and you might have something.

Bobby Ryan might be a valuable pickup, but bona-fide top-2 dmen are worth more IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  11:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard this too, but Ryan is an untouchable to me. As I look at the entire Anaheim roster I would consider Ryan, Fowler, Hillar, and Getzlaf as the only untouchables. However, other than Perry, who else on that team has any long term value to another team.

How can I find a way to pin this on Brian Burke and his ingenious strategy of having all but 3 players as UFA's prior to his departure??? The current GM was put into a pretty tough position and did ok with what he had. However, I think Anaheim is not defensively focused enough and has put far too much of their success onto the production of one line.

This team needs some re-tooling.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  12:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re-tooling is a bit of an understatement! Imagine if Selanne actually started to play the to his age???

Beans, do you not consider Perry and untouchable?

They def are a one line team, plus add in the bonus they get with Selanne on the PP!
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  12:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to Larry Brooks, the Rangers have had discussions with the Ducks about Ryan. He also said the Rangers are not willing to part with either Derek Stepan or Ryan McDonagh in any package.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  12:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont know alex if i was GM of the ducks i wouldnt consider anyone untouchable at this point.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  12:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the Rangers would be willing to part with Brandon Dubinsky. Prior to the season i wouldn't think there'd be a chance, but he's struggled to score this season and has been playing on a line with Sean Avery & Brandon Prust the past few games. Even when he's not scoring, Dubi is a very verstile player who'll give you 100% every shift.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  12:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Re-tooling is a bit of an understatement! Imagine if Selanne actually started to play the to his age???

Beans, do you not consider Perry and untouchable?

They def are a one line team, plus add in the bonus they get with Selanne on the PP!

I do consider Perry untouchable at the same time I don't. Personally, I think last season was a one-off and I don't expect Perry to be a 50 goal guy again in his career. Out of the players on the roster, Perry is borderline untouchable. The core of the team should be (in order):

Getzlaf
Ryan
Fowler
Hillar
Perry
The rest of the team.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  13:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to imagine the Ducks dealing any of the mentioned players or "untouchables". But I am sure some of us would have labelled Mike Richards and Jeff Carter "untouchable" before they were traded.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  14:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, odd order for your "untouchables" list, Beans - at least, a bit different than mine would be. For me, if I was Ducks GM, untouchables would be:

1) Getzlaf
2) Perry
3) Fowler

4) Selanne (out of respect/unwritten agreement I assume never to be traded, otherwise he'd just retire I think)

Hiller, after his "can't see straight" issues is certainly not an untouchable, for me. He'd get a good return, too.

Ryan is just as borderline, but yeah - I agree with Anaheim being open to offers for him that might blow their doors off (sorry for that Burke-ism)

Those two guys would obviously get the high return, and if it was Hiller, you'd need a young goalie coming back - but you get the picture.

Don't know if, as a Leafs fan, I am yet dreaming about Ryan . . . price is probably way too high right now. If I was Burke, and Ryan is still around in February . . . well, THEN I might take a peek and see whats what - but otherwise, probably too steep I think. For most teams.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  17:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my rationale behind Bobby Ryan over Cory Perry. I think both bring very similar skills to the table. Both are bigger power forward type goal scorers. I think Ryan is a little more fleet of foot and I also think that Ryan is a more engaged defender than Perry. When you look at their production, the only difference between the 2 is Perry's 50 goal season. Not many players have 3-30+ goal campaigns to start their career as Ryan has. Ryan is also 2 yrs younger than Perry.

Really, if I have 2 power forwards that are very similar is skills and production and I need help in other areas of the rink, I move one of them for value. Ryan is 2 yrs younger and Perry may actually be more valuable on the market based on his season last year. That is where I put Perry behind Ryan.

I am also a big fan of Hiller. He is having an off year on a weak defensive team but I see him in that crop of young(ish), talented goalies that can backstop a team for the next 5-7 years. There are not many of those guys around which would make him untouchable on my team.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  13:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a co-worker just gave me an idea on what the leafs could potentially trade to acquire bobby ryan( hey theres no "r")

lefs get
Ryan
draft pick/s

ducks get
shenn
kadri
kulimen

in this trade the ducks would get a prospect the defence they need and a decent top 6 foward coming off a career year.

the leafs would get someone to help round ou the new second line with tim connoly and macarthur.
your oppinions??
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  16:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

a co-worker just gave me an idea on what the leafs could potentially trade to acquire bobby ryan( hey theres no "r")

lefs get
Ryan
draft pick/s

ducks get
shenn
kadri
kulimen

in this trade the ducks would get a prospect the defence they need and a decent top 6 foward coming off a career year.

the leafs would get someone to help round ou the new second line with tim connoly and macarthur.
your oppinions??

Not even close. A decent young top-4 defenseman, a borderline top six forward and a prospect who hasn't panned out at all so far for one of the top power forwards in the league AND draft pick(s)

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Stamkos a Hab
Top Prospect

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  17:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In many teams who can use RW Ryan is arguably the best out there.

Sucks 2 be the rest of ya
Go to Top of Page

Guest2555
( )

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  18:27:56  Reply with Quote
I heard bobby Ryan for Zachary bogosian with other intangibles such as draft picks involved not sure o specifics yet but will get back when I hear more
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  18:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

lefs get
Ryan
draft pick/s

ducks get
shenn
kadri
kulimen

your oppinions??

Does your co-worker happen to be, or happen to read Damian Cox's articles..... Here's a paragraph from the link below:

You don't want to overpay, but here's a guy it's easy to get over-excited about. Obviously, a young defenceman would have to be part of a deal, and maybe that's Luke Schenn or Carl Gunnarson or Cody Franson. Nazem Kadri could be in there. Stuart Percy is a young blueliner and Leaf first round playing junior in Mississauga. Nik Kulemin might make sense, but he's having an off-year, too. With the Leafs high in the NHL standings, a 2012 first rounder could come into play.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/2011/11/ryan-riddles.html
Go to Top of Page

Guest8863
( )

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  22:31:34  Reply with Quote
B. Ryan to Edmonton for Hemsky and _____(Insert defenseman here)
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  05:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so now that the ducks have a new head coach that pretty much silences the trade talks for now.......
Go to Top of Page

Guest0161
( )

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  05:40:52  Reply with Quote
I heard a lil something yesterday, clearly a rumor at this point, but.....they mentioned the possibility of Bobby Ryan going to Toronto, in return the Ducks would get Shenn and Gardiner. As a Leafs fan...I don't see this happening as both Shenn and Gardiner are a huge part of the defensive core in T.O and are playing extremely well.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  05:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah the leafs got gardiner from the ducks i dont see the leafs trading him back there...... in any trade

Edited by - mandree888 on 12/01/2011 05:43:41
Go to Top of Page

Guest8492
( )

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:41:39  Reply with Quote
Because of the explosion of blogs/twitter/random internet garbage, anytime it's announced a player is 'on the trading blocks' ala Bobby Ryan, you can guarantee unsubstantiated rumours across the league, most notably in hockey mad markets like Montreal and Toronto. Although Toronto does finally have first round picks to deal..... Just kidding. I don't give much of a chance to Ryan going to any Canadian team.

Two teams that make the most sense to me are NYR and Flyers. NYR could deal out Dubinsky who has been struggling but is still young and good, along with a young d man and picks. Gaborik/Richards/Ryan would be a pretty sick PP.

Flyers are deep in forwards, but their immediate top-end will be challenged due to the Jagr injury. They still obv have super prospect Brayden Schenn, and could deal someone like Voracek or picks to sweeten the pot. Who doesn't want to see Giroux/Ryan/Jagr when he's back?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as rumours with the Leafs are concerned, I'd certainly believe Burke would kick the tires on Ryan. He is one of if not THE most proactive guy in terms of GMs who like to trade and look around at deals . . . and he always covets true top end talent.

What would the Ducks want back? Well, with an aging Selanne and Koivu, and only one part of a dominant line leaving . . . you'd think they would be looking for secondary scoring - specifically a second line centre, I'd think. And clearly, the Ducks are also having trouble with defence, so another defensive defenceman, probably young, would be looked at.

The Leafs played Aulie over Franson, who was playing well, btw. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but if I was, it was a blatant showcase situation.

I think the Leafs might offer a Bozak, Aulie, and then after that they'd have to add in some juice to sweeten the deal for sure (maybe a 1st, maybe another decent prospect like Kadri or Percy (or even both).

As a Leafs fan, I'd be hesitant if they put up Grabovski (and perhaps Aulie and a low pick/prospect), but I guess I would be staisfied in the end.

I get that Toronto is always going to be rumoured with almost every potential trade, but . . . there is a lot of history and evidence here to point to this as a very big chance of happening.

Or, as someone told me this morning . . . maybe the rumour was created to light a fire under Ryan's butt? You never know.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6366
( )

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  08:52:13  Reply with Quote
I like Ryan to Washington for Semin and maybe Carlson and possibly a pick. Semin is under achieving in Washington and Washington could use a strong power forward such as Ryan. After all they have Washington's coach why not some of the team too.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  14:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=4485 bobby ryan is officially off the trade block!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  05:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what Anaheim management is trying to say, is this:

"After we went "public" with him being available for the right price (see: the moon), we got several to half a dozen good offers for Bobby Ryan . . . none of which was what we were asking for, which was a tonne more than he's worth. So, now with a new coach, and with us knowing what we COULD get for him later before the trade deadline . . . we will retract our offer."
- anonymous imaginary translator

So, see you in February folks for the continuation of the Ryan sweepstakes . . . that is, IF he doesn't come on like gangbusters and IF Anaheim doesn't storm back into playoff contention.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  08:18:08  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6366

I like Ryan to Washington for Semin and maybe Carlson and possibly a pick. Semin is under achieving in Washington and Washington could use a strong power forward such as Ryan. After all they have Washington's coach why not some of the team too.

do you really think Boudreau wants Semin on his team, again? and that they'd give up Ryan to get him? no way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page