Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Neil vs. Chara Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  09:07:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for all those who think Neil is a coward who only fights people smaller than him *cough cough Porckchop cough cough*
http://youtu.be/gaY4UvMgvzg

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  09:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He still gets no respect from me. He laid out a cowardly hit before that and he knew he had no choice but to answer the bell against Chara.
Surprised he didn't turn down Chara and challenge some like Bergeron, hes more the type that Neil would usually challenge.

On a side note your Sens are doing very well, my Leafs not so well, I am afraid I am going to lose our bet. Crossing my fingers.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  10:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

He still gets no respect from me. He laid out a cowardly hit before that and he knew he had no choice but to answer the bell against Chara.
Surprised he didn't turn down Chara and challenge some like Bergeron, hes more the type that Neil would usually challenge.

On a side note your Sens are doing very well, my Leafs not so well, I am afraid I am going to lose our bet. Crossing my fingers.

Cowardly hit? What the hell was cowardly about that hit - it was a great clean bodycheck against a pretty tough defenseman. Probably one of the most devastating bodychecks I've seen this year. Then instead of shying away, he fights arguably the toughest person in the NHL in defense of the hit.

Like him or hate him porkchop, you have to admit that its pretty stand-up of Neil to answer the bell against Chara. And the hit was great.

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/26/2012 10:08:16
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  15:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nuxfan,
I will never admit that it was a very good hit by Neil and that it was indeed pretty darn cool that he obliged big Z with a tilt that was not as one sided as it should have been. The same way I would never admit that I enjoy drinking fruity umbrella drinks when on a caribbean vacation with my wife. There are just some things i just would never admit to.
I do not like Chris Neil as a hockey player, I do think he plays cowardly and does not "normally" take on people face to face unless he knows they are of weaker stature.
In spite of this opinion, if you were to ask me if I would take Chris Neil or someone just like Neil on my favourite team, you bet your a$$ I would.

Edited by - Porkchop73 on 02/26/2012 15:49:45
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  16:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

Yeah that was a bet I never really wanted to make so I'm definatley happy with how things are going.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  18:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was very surprised to see Neil stand up to Chara. The hit was clean and very devastating.

I think the real reason Neil didn`t hit Chara while he was down was because....
..now its over, no revenge needed by Chara...

if Neil hits him while he is down....Chara would definitely seek revenge with a re-match...and surely this was playing in the back of Neil`s mind and probally wouldn`t be in his favor.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  19:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, i think the best part of that vid clip is the couple of seconds right after the hit, when Chara goes skating like a madman towards Neil! Looked like a scene out of Slapshot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page