Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Anaheim
 Is the NHL rigged Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't actually think the NHL is rigged but a few things have happened in the playoffs lately that kind of make the NHL seem fixed
Game 7 in the finals almost every year, the only reason it wasn't this year is cuz bettman heard me talking about it, lol
3 years in a row canadian teams lost in the finals, you hear a lot about how stupid that is
and unsuspected conn smythe winners

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You mean everyone isn't aware of Bettmans evil plot to deny a Canadian team the cup until all of his expansion teams have won it and he can toot his own horn and say at the cup presentation something to the effect of "hockey is alive and well in California" like he did in Anaheim?
Bettman is a complete jackass.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

You mean everyone isn't aware of Bettmans evil plot to deny a Canadian team the cup until all of his expansion teams have won it and he can toot his own horn and say at the cup presentation something to the effect of "hockey is alive and well in California" like he did in Anaheim?
Bettman is a complete jackass.

exactly

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O, and the last three cups have gone to teams that hadn't won a cup before

Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's the reasonCrosby gets all that special treatment too, like earliest captaincy, nobody touches him, etc. etc.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh...last I checked the team who wins the Cup won it because they played better and won the series. If 3 Canadian teams have lost in the finals in a row that's their own fault, not the league's. What, is there supposed to be some rule that a Canadian team HAS to win it once every certain amount of time? That would be rigging. I don't see what's supposedly rigged this year at all. Anaheim won it because they're better, not because Bettman wanted them to. Oh, and some Canadian teams are expansion teams as well (ahem...OILERS), so clearly Bettman isn't out to ensure all the expansion teams Cups or else Edmonton would've won last year.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 06/07/2007 16:59:24
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  18:13:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Uh...last I checked the team who wins the Cup won it because they played better and won the series. If 3 Canadian teams have lost in the finals in a row that's their own fault, not the league's. What, is there supposed to be some rule that a Canadian team HAS to win it once every certain amount of time? That would be rigging. I don't see what's supposedly rigged this year at all. Anaheim won it because they're better, not because Bettman wanted them to. Oh, and some Canadian teams are expansion teams as well (ahem...OILERS), so clearly Bettman isn't out to ensure all the expansion teams Cups or else Edmonton would've won last year.

Possibly you didn't catch my sarcasm?
And I meant expansion teams that joined the league during Bettman's tenure.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  18:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Possibly you didn't catch my sarcasm?

Oh...yeah I guess so, especially with the "exactly" post right after it. Sorry 'bout that
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  19:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of the last three Canadian teams that have gone to the Finals the team they were facing were just better. And the better team and the team that wants it more wins the cup, Anaheim , Carolina and Tampa Bay wanted it and they got it. They won't rig a stanley cup final game, of course they would love to see it go to 7 games because it's very exciting to see but they just watch the game and see who wins. The exact same thing we do

----------That a boy Selanne----------
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  19:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Out of the last three Canadian teams that have gone to the Finals the team they were facing were just better. And the better team and the team that wants it more wins the cup, Anaheim , Carolina and Tampa Bay wanted it and they got it. They won't rig a stanley cup final game, of course they would love to see it go to 7 games because it's very exciting to see but they just watch the game and see who wins. The exact same thing we do

I'm not convinced that Tampa Bay was better than Calgary in 04. Calgary actually won it in game 6 that year but that's another story.

Actually the fact that a Canadian team has been in the finals in the last 3 seasons is incredible considering there are only 6 teams (20%)
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  19:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I'm not convinced that Tampa Bay was better than Calgary in 04. Calgary actually won it in game 6 that year but that's another story.

Actually the fact that a Canadian team has been in the finals in the last 3 seasons is incredible considering there are only 6 teams (20%)

Good point Leigh I was a little tentative about the Tampa Bay and Calgary one, to be honest I wasn't really in hockey at that time it wasn't t'll last year that I really followed.
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  21:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only reason Calgarys goal didn't count was because they wanted it to go to tampa, by the way this whole Topic was a joke, kind of.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page