Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Luongo's future home - Poll Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  06:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else heard the rumors that Dallas was inovlved in the Luongo Deal. I read that Gillis said to the Vancouver media that a deal was practically done, and they were just waiting for the other team to deal with contract negotiations of their own. Which eceryone assumed was the Jamie Benn deal. Now that the Benn deal is done, the Luongo deal is just around the corner.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  10:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard anything on a deal with Dallas. Well, not from a reliable source i mean. Guys may call the radio stations here and suggest a Luongo for Benn deal, but i haven't heard or read a legitimate source say anything regarding it? Can't see the Canucks getting Benn in the deal unless others are included from Vancouver's end. The only thing they might have been waiting on was Benn signing so that they could trade someone else and have Benn fill the vacant spot? But who would that be? Michael Ryder, a scoring winger, is someone the Canucks could use, but judging by what Gillis has been after, he'd prob want more than just and aging Ryder.

Edited by - Alex116 on 01/28/2013 10:18:17
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  12:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would praise MG from the highest rooftops and proclaim him the God of all GM's if he could swing Luongo for Benn.

DAL hasn't been mentioned here, and I don't know why they'd be interested while they have Lehtonen signed for the next 6 years. Unless they're the 3rd party in a 3-way deal... but I don't see Luongo in DAL.
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  12:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I figured the Dallas rumor would involve some sort of 3 way trade, but I definitely don't think Luongo for Benn would be the deal, especially with Dallas just signing Benn on for 5 years

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page