Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Dallas
 Jamie Benn - RFA Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  09:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I heard on the radio the other day, it sounds like the Stars and Benn are getting closer to agreeing on a new deal.
However, lets just pretend for a moment that negotiations are very far apart and that Dallas is now open to trading him. As GM of your favorite team, what would you realistically offer up in a trade to get Jamie on your team? Or might you be willing to fire an offer sheet in his direction?

As a Leaf fan I'd LOVE to see him on my team, and would be willing to part with Gardiner or Kadri to start.

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  10:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
join the club. I'm sure there are 29 teams in the NHL that would salivate at the thought of getting Benn. 6'2/205, plays centre and wing, 23 years old, coming off 2 nearly PPG seasons in DAL.

If the Canucks were to get him, I think they'd realistically have to package up one of their top dmen, a forward like Raymond/Booth (maybe even Kesler), and a first round draft pick or current prospect like Shroeder. Benn instantly becomes VAN's second line centre, and likely groomed for top line duties when Henrik retires/slows down in a few years. VAN can afford the price tag IMO - they have defensive depth (both in the lineup and on the farm), expendable forwards, and they don't draft very well in general so they may as well give up those picks.

Benn is a BC boy as well (from Victoria), so there might be mutual interest in him.

All that being said - I haven't heard much about Benn wanting to leave DAL, I think the holdout is over money/contract. DAL have the cap room to sign him to any contract, and I can't see them letting him go. I think they would match nearly any offer sheet that wasn't crazy money.

Edited by - nuxfan on 01/23/2013 10:12:12
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  12:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what i've read, Been and Nieuwendyk are on very good terms and a deal is almost done.

However, hypothetically speaking, as the OP intended, the Canucks might be able to lure him, but it would prob take something like the following scenarios (without a ton of thought and just off the top of my head)....

Edler/Booth/Raymond/2nd

Kesler/Tanev/3rd
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page