Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 Mike Green - Bounce Back Year? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest3078
( )

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  05:34:49  Reply with Quote
Anyone think he'll have a bounce back year? I currently have him in one of my pools and starting to doubt he'll get back to where he was 3 years ago. (3 or so points in 30 games. Dating back to last year)

I'm considering trading him sometime next month for either Boyle or Shattenkirk. (Notables: Markov, Doughty, Campbell, Ekman-Larsson, Enstrom, Streit, Keith)
What do you guys think? Its a small pool that's why they're plenty of D-men left. Thanks

Edited by - leigh on 01/27/2013 17:43:33

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  06:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to tell you what to choose with so many quality d-men and nothing to indicate your points structure, but . . . go with sure and dependable this short season!

Myself, from the options you give . . . I'd go Keith, Streit, Doughty, Ekman-Larsson, Campbell. But really, each of them is a better option than Mike Green . . . who really has fallen off the radar at this point and has never been the same since his major injury.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  07:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't wait till next month! I'd grab Shattenkirk NOW! Unless, and now that i think about it it prob is, month end is your trading period? In a way this helps you as it gives you another week to see if Green puts up some good numbers, if not, jump on someone else.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3078
( )

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  17:07:49  Reply with Quote
It's a straight points pool with 2 points for a goal and 1 for a assist.

I guess I'll make the trade sooner rather than later. Maybe sometime this weekend.
Thanks for the quick replies!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Campbell, Shattenkirk, Doughty, Keith, Enstrom...

all better options than Green.

Trade now if you can
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  13:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not only is Green looking like he's done, but so does the entire Washington team. i know its early but they've lost all 3 games so far this year, and have a -8 goal differential. definitely not the same power house they were a few years ago.
Adam Oates could lose his job very soon if things don't improve.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  14:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

not only is Green looking like he's done, but so does the entire Washington team. i know its early but they've lost all 3 games so far this year, and have a -8 goal differential. definitely not the same power house they were a few years ago.
Adam Oates could lose his job very soon if things don't improve.

No kidding! I'm tempted to either start a new poll or call up that old one regarding who's better, Sid the kid, or OV? Wow, "Alex the great", where are you???
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  06:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Green smokes up before games, this comes from a guy who played with Green in hershey and smoke up with him, needless to say this player burnt out and didn;t get offerd a AHL contract a few years back despite having pretty good numbers for a AHL goalie, so unless Green has gotten serious about his hockey and stopped riding his talent (wich his production and injuries suggest other wise) i would say he's going to have trouble getting his game back

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  10:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty, if there's any truth to this, the question i would ask is "Was Green "burnin' blunts" when he put up back to back PPG+ seasons?".

Anyone remember what happened injury-wise to Green? The year following his two big years, he only put up 24 points and only played 49 games. This was followed by last years 7 points in 32 games.

The same year that we saw Green's point production dip in a huge way, so too did Alex Ovechkin to some degree. While OV still put up 85 (over a PPG), he regressed from the 109,110 and 112 he'd put up the 3 years prior. This definitely has to have had an impact on Green's point production!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  11:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Pasty, if there's any truth to this, the question i would ask is "Was Green "burnin' blunts" when he put up back to back PPG+ seasons?".

Anyone remember what happened injury-wise to Green? The year following his two big years, he only put up 24 points and only played 49 games. This was followed by last years 7 points in 32 games.

The same year that we saw Green's point production dip in a huge way, so too did Alex Ovechkin to some degree. While OV still put up 85 (over a PPG), he regressed from the 109,110 and 112 he'd put up the 3 years prior. This definitely has to have had an impact on Green's point production!!!

from what i have been told he was doing this while in Hershey and continued into the NHL so it sounds like yes while he was tearing the league a new one he was, but maybe its finally catching up with him needless to say it shows a lot about his commitment to being a star player in the NHL

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  13:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's obviously the problem, he stopped with the wacky tobacky!

Nothing screams performance enhancing drugs like Marijuana.......

errr........someone pass the Doritos...dude

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page