Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Defenseman Revised Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9500
( )

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  07:52:22  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Best Defenseman Pole Revised

Other players
Timonen
Pitkanen
Campbell
E. Larsson
Hedman
B. Seabrook
Boyle
Franson
Del Zotto
Wideman

Choices:

Letang
Subban
Weber
Suter
Chara
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk
Yandle
Kronwall
Ehrhoff
Keith
Enstrom
Edler
Markov
Other (say who)

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  08:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this "best" defenseman still related to points only??? Makes a huge difference if you're meaning "best all around dman" as compared to simply points!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9500
( )

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  09:56:08  Reply with Quote
Ok this poll is strictly related to overall points by the end of the regular season. Sorry for not specifying.
Go to Top of Page

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  14:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to specify. Because the best all-around d-man is Hedman, but for points...i would go with byfuglien

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
Go to Top of Page

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  14:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how you can forget Dustin Byfuglien in a poll on d-men pts...

Go to Top of Page

Guest9500
( )

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  15:05:40  Reply with Quote
I knew I forgot one. Ya byfuglien should be in the poll.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  16:08:52  Reply with Quote
Time to make the revised 2.0 version. Where's Doughty, Schultz, Chara, Carle, Green?
I'm sure there is even a few more who can contest.
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  22:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karlson is the obvious choice and hes not there so
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  10:14:07  Reply with Quote
Karlson is injured for season though. So he is actually going to get the least amount of points. Him or Weber, what's up with Weber?!?!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  13:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Go_Habs_Go

good to specify. Because the best all-around d-man is Hedman, but for points...i would go with byfuglien

Really Hedman the best all around D? That could start a good debate.
Go to Top of Page

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  10:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure this debate could go far...but I'm not even a Tampa Bay fan, or a Hedman fan...but i watch many of his games, and boy is it hard to pass through him...he's really solid defensively. his +/- shows...

Go to Top of Page

Mario 66
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
360 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  12:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure how Hedman has all of a sudden jumped past the likes of Karlsson, Letang, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Yandle, Staal, Chara, Weber, Keith, Doughty, Subban (should I stop already) after the first 14 games of this season. I presume you watched the Habs game on TSN were he scored twice to help bring them back

I know D-Men develop later than forwards, but up until this year I would consider Hedman's performance as an underachiever especially as a number one pick. He was suppose to be the next big Dman (Pronger like) when he got drafted and I have not seen a whole lot that impressed me about him up until this season. He is playing very well right now, but even out of the guys that are in & around his age bracket / development stage I would rank him 8 of 8 when it comes to the likes of Karlsson, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Shatenkirk & Subban, Letang & Staal. I get your remark about the plus/ minus comment, but lets not forget that has a lot to do with the fact he is the number one dman on the top scoring team in hockey (very similar to Mike Green a couple years ago) it does not bolster his value or make him more impressive.

The 8 guys I mentioned have the ability to be game changers whether it is a key block, pass break up, end to end rush or through the seem pass. Hedman is developing these but I still do not believe he possesses the top end skills that these other players do that would put him in the top 5 little own number 1.

To answer the question at hand Karlsson leads the way (injury could completely change that) with Letang & Keith right behind him. A year or two from now we may see everybody chasing the Blues two back end dynamo's, but only time will tell.

Every journey begins with a single step.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page