Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 The Core of the Matter Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  16:19:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Have the Canucks missed the window opportunity with their core group of players?

Choices:

No, there is still time!
Yes, their time has passed

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  17:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is still time, but not much - I give them 2 more years before the Sedin's really start to drop in production (they'll be 35), and Kesler begins to wear down physically.

In 10 years time, if no cup is won, I think that we'll be able to look back and declare the 10/11 Canucks as the best team they ever assembled, the one that had the best shot at it all.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  21:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I voted yes, they have missed. It's not that I don't think they're still capable as any team could get hot at the right time, I just think that while they've maybe slipped a small notch from being one of the top 3, the other teams they need to battle have strengthened. The Sedin's likely have a couple years as PPG players (maybe more as they don't really rely on their skating) and Kesler could regain his touch of a few years back, but teams around them continue to improve. Look at St Louis? Look at the Hawks. Even the Oilers will give them fits in the next couple of years as their youth becomes better and better!

Just too much competition for a team who's core is not getting any better or younger!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page