Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Who will win the Stanley Cup Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  13:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who do you think will win the cup.

Say why if you want and debate.

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  13:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say the Sharks will win the cup over Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Sharks still have Thornton and Marleau but are now lead by Couture and Pavelski. And they profit from the emergence of young guys like Hertl and Wingels

Boyle, Vlasic and Demers are great defense and they have a good defensive system.

Plus they have a goalie who won a cup in the past and is just getting better.

As for Pittsburgh, peoples tends to forget about them mostly because of Fleury's past performance, but they are still a great team and I believe Fleury's antics are over, Crosby will have an MVP like playoffs, plus I like the addition of Stempniak (a sleeper for pools)
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  10:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just because i felt like pushing some buttons

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/26/62/c8/2662c8b4c34618cf76616b980338fda4.jpg

wish i could have just posted the pic not the link.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  13:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously one game doesn't say much but San Jose looked SICK last night. Fast, big, great defensive group. If Niemi can play well they might be the team to beat in the West.

Boston is my team in the East. I wish I could say Pitt but I just can't. Fluery is doing his typical play great in the regular season and forget how to play in the playoffs.

I also really like the playoff structure with SJ/LA, CHI/STL, PHI/NY. MONT/TB in the first round. I predict a PILE of overtime games in the first round.

To say who will win? I don't really care. My team is out, the Leafs are out, the only thing left to cheer for is great hockey. If I had my wish I'd see Boston/SJ final and I wouldn't care who wins. I'd like to see Iginla win a Cup but would also like to see Thornton/Marleau win a Cup too.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2014 :  22:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans....after 20 tonight, the Sharks didn't look so hot eh? Although, in fairness, they had a ton of shots and some great chances only to run into a goalie (Quick) who looked to have a serious "rebound game" in him. Well, things obviously changed after the first!!! SJ completely took over and as hard as it is to win in LA, SJ has taken a strangle hold on this series. They really do look good. I picked a bunch of them in one of my pools (I have every for about 7 years, lol) and if they go as far as the semi's I should be good!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2014 :  05:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the outset, I was predicting Boston.

After reaching about the midway point of the first round . . . I'm sticking with it.

San Jose has been the most impressive team so far, yes; but they have to erase a long history of playoff "semi-failure" . . . basically, to me, until they are at a similar stage in the conference finals (with no major injuries), I will lay off them. IF - and it's a big if with this team - they continue to roll unabated to reach the final, and say meet Boston? I'd probably favour the Sharks, sure - by a nose. But that's only if all those conditions are met . . . which is quite unlikely.

Montreal looks much better than I thought they would . . . but that could be as a result of how BAD the Lightning looked, I think. Adjustments will occur in the 2nd round! All the other series not mentioned . . . are all battling.

No, I'm sticking with the Bruins. They are merely walking slowly, gaining speed . . . not even halfway to top play yet, IMHO.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2014 :  08:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to a Montreal / Boston matchup in round 2. The Habs have played them well lately and while Boston will be favoured, they will be in tough I think. Obviously Price will be key to Montreal's success and he'll have to match Rask as far as playing well and keeping the Habs in games. Looking very forward to this.....though I'd love even more for the Wings to come back and eliminate the Bruins.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  07:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm looking forward to a Montreal / Boston matchup in round 2. The Habs have played them well lately and while Boston will be favoured, they will be in tough I think. Obviously Price will be key to Montreal's success and he'll have to match Rask as far as playing well and keeping the Habs in games. Looking very forward to this.....though I'd love even more for the Wings to come back and eliminate the Bruins.

Habs and Bruins it is, and yeah, I'm looking forward to that one as well. Could be a great one.

And what a difference a week makes . . . suddenly the Sharks who were home and cooled, look like they are backpedalling furiously to stay in it. Game 7 is in their barn tonight, but . . . I smell bigtime trouble with the ridiculous moves the coach decided to make by not having Niemi in net the previous game. Most of the time, I'd always give a slight edge to the home team in a Game 7, but . . . this is a rare case where, due to it being a 3-0 comeback AND with the starting goalie having his confidence undercut by the coach . . . I give an edge to LA here.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page