Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Nashville
 Laviolette is in Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  12:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Preds 2nd Head coach in the history of the franchise!

can he get them some offense?
Does Carter and Mike Richards run to nashville?
These questions qill bbe answer on the next installment stay tuned

same preds channle same preds time.....

but seriously i think this is a good change for them hopfully his sytem can work and they get going love seeing this franchise in the playoffs

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  07:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

Preds 2nd Head coach in the history of the franchise!

can he get them some offense?
Does Carter and Mike Richards run to nashville?
These questions qill bbe answer on the next installment stay tuned

same preds channle same preds time.....

but seriously i think this is a good change for them hopfully his sytem can work and they get going love seeing this franchise in the playoffs

The Predators of Nashville! Wow, yet another thread about this team, boy, haven't we talked enough about this team? Jeesh . . .

btw, sarcasm IS the highest form of humour.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  06:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol. The lack of Preds talk and the making of this thread goes to show you how amazing Trotz's tenure with a new club (new, way back when he started) was!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  10:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Lol. The lack of Preds talk and the making of this thread goes to show you how amazing Trotz's tenure with a new club (new, way back when he started) was!

Or, it could show a total lack of Nashville Predator fans. Let's call on them now to post, and listen to the crickets chirp!

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  17:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are a lot of preds fans.... just none that frequent here apparently..... anyways at least we could have a deiscussion on what this news could mean for Nashville.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  06:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

there are a lot of preds fans.... just none that frequent here apparently..... anyways at least we could have a deiscussion on what this news could mean for Nashville.

I think it will be a bit of a lift - enough to make me, as a hockey poolie, look at Nashville's decent offensive players and take a chance on them in the late rounds. New coach means new beginnings, and a new resurgence perhaps for players who have lagged offensively in the recent past.

I'm looking at you, Hornqvist.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  12:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nashville's been a very defense first team (most years) due to the way the team has been put together, especially through the draft. Look at some of the names they've selected in the first round over the years....
2001 - Dan Hamhuis (D)12th
2002 - Scotty Upshall (F) 6th
2003 - Ryan Suter (D) 7th
2004 - Alex Radulov (F) 15th
2005 - Ryan Parent (D) 18th
2006 - no first rounder
2007 - Jonathan Blum (D) 23rd
2008 - Colin Wilson (F) 7th and Chet Pickard (G) 18th
2009 - Ryan Ellis (D) 11th
2010 - Austin Watson (F) 18th
2011 - no first rounder
2012 - no first rounder
2013 - Seth Jones (D) 4th

Mix in other key players like Weber and Rinne (and Vokoun when he was there) and this team has relied on it's defensive play more often than not. Barry Trotz did bring up a good point the other day when on the radio here in Vancouver (asked about the possibility of coaching here) in saying that when Paul Kariya was in Nashville, the Preds were a more offensive team. Basically, he was asked if he could coach any other way than just defensive hockey. He defending his coaching by saying that he coached his teams to the best of his ability with what he was given in regards to personel. He pointed out that the Preds were actually one of the higher scoring team's during Kariya's Nashville tenure. Would you believe they were the 10th highest scoring team in 05/06? How about 06/07? Would you believe tied for 4th overall with 272 goals?
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  15:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! i did not know that alex!

at least trots new that he had to play to the strengths he had.

i hope that laviolette can bring some skip in his step and this team makes the playoffs again.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page