Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 NEW FEATURE - Override default player position Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  10:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ANOTHER FEATURE JUST ADDED!

Override Default Positions
You can choose which Points Category you want each player to follow. By default they will be assigned to their position as defined in the NHL, so goalies will score as goalies, forwards will score as forwards and so on. Use the drop down list to override their default position; for example you can assign a forward to be a defensemen in your pool. Note that although every scoring category is available in the drop down, only the ones logically related will actually work; for example you cannot assign the goalie scoring category to a forward as they will never earn a win or a shutout. If you have created custom scoring categories they will also be available and can be assigned logically as well.

Pool Admins, this can be found on the EDIT POOL / MANAGE POOL TEAM ROSTERS page.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  19:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I follow this one, but it's a brand new feature so I'll be checking it out!

FYI, for my annual regular season pool, I have a rookie category, but have to assign them as "enforcers" just to be able to differentiate them as a category.

In today's NHL . . . really, shouldn't a rookie category be more relevant than a thug category? Just sayin'.

But thanks again for the new feature!

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2014 :  00:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Slozo. You do not have to use the 'enforcers', although in your pool it will work just fine. You can create a separate 'custom scoring category' and name it 'rookies' and configure it as you wish. Then go into your rosters and change the default position for those players to the 'rookies' category. The system will then override the default scoring category with your newly created custom one.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  09:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Hi Slozo. You do not have to use the 'enforcers', although in your pool it will work just fine. You can create a separate 'custom scoring category' and name it 'rookies' and configure it as you wish. Then go into your rosters and change the default position for those players to the 'rookies' category. The system will then override the default scoring category with your newly created custom one.

Will try that . . . I like the rookies actually being called rookies much better.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2014 :  09:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

I did have to use enforcers in the end . . . because in my pool, you choose 25 players, but only use the top 11 forwards, 6 defencemen, 2 goalies, and 1 rookie (20 all together, leaving 5 "extra" players).

And for that bias rule thing where I choose how many of each player to keep . . . it includes enforcers, but doesn't include any newly created categories.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page