Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 is it time for Edmonton to make a trade? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  14:13:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let this be the preverbal hand shake of an accepted wager.

I appreciate doing business with you.

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2014 :  08:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Beans on this one, I think its almost certain that Yakupov will sign a standard bridge deal for well under 5M a season after this year - whether he's with EDM or not. He just hasn't done enough to justify a large long term deal at this stage in his career.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2014 :  14:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO, WHEN Beans wins this bet, the signature ought to have two stipulations. Any mention of Oilers greatness must either:
1. Await a playoff berth

Or

2. Speak of the 80's

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2014 :  00:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently their was a trade in place between the habs and oilers earlier this season which has since been put on hold,

the move was:

Yakupov and Jeff Petry for Eller and Nathan Beaulieu

I`m not sure about this trade mostly because im a huge Eller fan but i think most other habs fan would jump to make this deal, I dont think the oilers would win this trade, But i can see what interest them, Eller is a legit 3rd line center and a good defensive player with some offensive upside and Beaulieu is a good prospect but he still has yet to show he is a legit NHL defenseman,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2014 :  10:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll take that trade so maybe Yak can start scoring some goals in my pool!!!!! haha

hey, so 21 games in and after a blowout loss. We still not making any moves or what? Shake up the core baby! You know it's coming :)
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  11:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by markliso

I'll take that trade so maybe Yak can start scoring some goals in my pool!!!!! haha

hey, so 21 games in and after a blowout loss. We still not making any moves or what? Shake up the core baby! You know it's coming :)

Where is the like button for this comment, oh wait I found it! ;)
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  11:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I was Montreal Id make that trade on the off chance Yakupov can meet his potential with the team makeup they have. Decent return for either player and it might just be the restart Yakupov needs to his career. Eller fits the needs the Oilers have more than Yakupov who is more dynamic, but is actually statistically behind Eller this season so far, who has got more experience (playoffs, games played) and is much larger that Yakupov.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  17:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

If I was Montreal Id make that trade on the off chance Yakupov can meet his potential with the team makeup they have. Decent return for either player and it might just be the restart Yakupov needs to his career. Eller fits the needs the Oilers have more than Yakupov who is more dynamic, but is actually statistically behind Eller this season so far, who has got more experience (playoffs, games played) and is much larger that Yakupov.

not to mention Galchenyuk and Yakupov are friends and former teammates, may be something that could get Yakupov going, may be a fit

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  18:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chabot was fired today! One less thing for the Oil fans to pick on.

http://www.tsn.ca/oilers-fire-goalie-coach-chabot-schwartz-expected-to-take-over-1.143096
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  20:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's one opinion on another problem with the Oilers!!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/draisaitl-incident-tells-us-so-much-about-oilers/?shawct=1
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  10:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Here's one opinion on another problem with the Oilers!!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/draisaitl-incident-tells-us-so-much-about-oilers/?shawct=1

I think that is less about the team not standing up for each other and more about them feeling completely defeated. I think that if they had even a few more wins under their belt the response would have been different. They may be elite level athletes but they're dead inside, you can see it in their eyes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page