Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Franson + Santorelli to Nashville Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2015 :  06:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Does the trade which brought Franson and Santorelli to Nashville now elevate the Predators to the #1 cup contender position?

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Choices:

Yes, definitely #1 contender
Sort of, tied for #1 with a couple of others
Not really, they need to prove it in the playoffs
Nope, they''re still a second tier contender

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2015 :  07:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A late 1st rounder, and a decent prospect to Toronto (along with expiring contract Jokinen) for Franson and Santorelli.

Nashville's D is among the top in the league now, as good and dynamic as Chicago or St. Louis. Franson playing between the #3 - #5 spot should fit in there seamlessly, he'll remember Weber at least, and he'll have less minutes than in Toronto, but will still get his pp time, boosting their power play in Nashville whether it's first or second unit. Santorelli is a fantastic 3rd liner with scoring bite, a great energy player who would be having more of a career year if not being stuck in Toronto.

Nashville's probably done now, save for anything of very minor insignificance, in terms of changes to the roster. Their defence looks awesome; their forward core is miles ahead of what they've ever had, it's certainly top ten in the league; and their goalie might be the best (save for Price) in the league.

All that said, it's still a bit young and inexperienced at forward, and I have to continue putting them as "co-favourite" with the more experienced Chicago and Anaheim, alongside St. Louis. Still, Rinne does NOT have to be at his A+ best to win 2nd round and beyond with this team, in my opinion, and that is very, very favourable for this team. So, clear #1 no, but they are right there alongside a handful of others, I feel.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2015 :  11:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NSH is likely done, and these additions are awesome for them. To be able to get a couple of players that were initially drafted and developed by NSH is a huge bonus - they will be familiar with many of the players, the city, perhaps even the system. It should make it relatively easy for them to fit in.

That being said, I can't call NSH the #1 contender yet. The west is a brutal march for any playoff bound team, and for NSH to emerge from the west they'll probably need to go through 2 of STL, ANA, SJ, LA - all of them very heavy and difficult to play against, and STL, ANA and LA need to be considered as legitimate conteders as well. They'd also probably need to go through CHI, who isn't as hard a physical test as the others, but has tons of playoff experience and is again a legitimate contender. The west is just too difficult to get through for any team to be safe.

One thing for sure - same as last year, I predict that whoever does come out of the west, will win the cup. So if NSH can make it out of the conference, I do believe they'll take it all.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page