Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 MVP Favourite?? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

defobust
Top Prospect

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2015 :  10:01:27  Show Profile
We are only about 3 weeks away from the end of the season. I am curious to see who you all think is the MVP favourite at this moment in time.

Id say the 3 heavy favourites are C. Price (Montreal) , Alex Ovechkin (Washington) , or John Tavaras (NY Islanders)

All three guys you can make a great case for but If i was to vote my vote would be Carey Price hands down. The Canadians have a hard time finding the back of the net. Without Price this team would likely be a .500 team at best. Price leads the league in wins, save % and GAA. and is only one back in shutouts. Plus his team sits atop the eastern conference standings.

So who do you all think? Id love to hear from the group.

Sean K

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2015 :  11:54:01  Show Profile
Hi debofust, great question! Although this is about the same time we start running a poll for this. Did you want to re-phrase this as a poll and I'll put it on the home page?

See here for our poll guidelines:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3485

If you don't want to that's ok, just let me know here and I'll do it up and lock this one down.

Cheers!
Admin
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2015 :  09:12:24  Show Profile
Defobust.....Price for sure would get my vote. The info you provided backs it up for sure. I also think it'll be easier for him to recieve votes due to how close the other candidates are as far as stats go. Voters shouldn't need any reason beyond Price's numbers, but as we've seen throughout history, it's not often goalies get enough votes in the Hart race!

Also, very noble of you as a Leaf fan to be so honest towards the brilliance of a rival teams player!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2015 :  19:14:20  Show Profile
Another shutout tonight for Price which i assume pulls him into a tie for 1st in that category? This win included a beauty save on Couture late in the game to maintain Montreal's 1-0 lead before an empty netter sealed it for the Habs. Price is def in a zone right now!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2015 :  19:33:29  Show Profile
its Price , i know I`m a habs fan and this may sound bias, but to me there is noone else, his stats are absurd, and every night he steals 4 to 5 goals from the opposition, noone is more valuable to their teams success than Price,

if he doesn`t win the MVP espcially in a year where the leading scorer will most likely not even eclips 90 pts there is something really wrong with this league,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  13:05:00  Show Profile
I locked this up as per my post above. Please use this thread to discuss...

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28533
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page