Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 First Round predictions Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2015 :  15:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

quote:

- IF, and that's a big if, you have a new star player or two to lead you.

Probably not likely, but . . . we'll see.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Horvat is the new star! i wantched most of the seriers and damn can he play! IF and its a big if the sedins are relagted to second line minutes i say build a line around horvat and watch teams cringe.

Horvat can possibly become a #1 center, but I'm not sure he's going to be elite (top half of all #1's). If Virtanen can produce and another winger be it by trade or a current prospect can do the same, you may see a new #1 line, however, I don't see that happening for at least another 2 seasons! The Sedins turn 35 before the start of next season. By then, they'll be 37/38? While they don't rely on speed so much, the hope will be that they can still be a productive pair up until their 40 and even then, the new window will only be open for a couple seasons at best???
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2015 :  15:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some interesting round 2 matchups!

Ducks over Flames in 5
Hawks over Wild in 6

Bolts over Habs in 6
Rangers over Caps in 5

Hmmm....no game 7's and a couple quickies. Hmmm....

I'm sticking with it!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  09:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2nd Round predictions . . . a bit late, and obviously coloured by what happened last night, but this is what I would have picked:

TB over the Canadiens in . . . 6.
Caps over Rangers in 7.

Minny over Chi-town in 6.
Anaheim over Calgary in 6.

Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2015 :  17:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
12/12 for me so far, let's keep it going! I'm sticking with my original predictions...

New York vs. Tampa Bay...NYR in 6
Anaheim vs. Chicago...CHI in 7
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2015 :  19:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A near perfect 4/4 in round 2 (2 series exact games). Now for semi's....

TBay in 6 - Should be a real good series. Just going with my gut here. Would love to see AV get a cup so will be rooting for Rangers.

Ana in 7 - So tough to call as well and equally as difficult to go against the Hawks and their experience and star power. But, and this prob sways my decision, i am one of few Canucks fans who'd love to see Kesler win a cup and i think he (and that 2nd line that's been deadly), can get the Ducks to the final.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2015 :  11:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will say Chicago in 6 Anaheim winning the first two games.

And NYR in 7 NY coming back from a 3-1 deficit yet again!

I'm really looking forward for these two matchups.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  10:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to reply to this . . .

Ranger over TB in 6.
Chicago over Anaheim in 6.

Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  16:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has been one of the most entertaining Conference Finals in years! So it's only fitting both series' are going the distance. What a weekend coming up for hockey fans. A game 7 on Friday night! A game 7 on Saturday night!

Let's go Rangers & let's go Hawks! An Original 6 final.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2015 :  18:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Hawks will win the Cup. Here's to hoping they do it on home ice, so I'll say in 6.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2015 :  19:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little surprised at how little respect both TB and NYR were getting during the semis. Hardly anyone gives them a chance and all i kept hearing was "doesn't matter who comes out of the East, the Ducks / Hawks winner will win the cup for sure.". I dunno. Crawford still scares me and TB has some really good offense. I think this series will be rwal good and higher scoring than most cup finals! I'm going with a storybook ending. TBay, game 7 at home and lets say OT just to top it off. T. Johnson with the winner in OT!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  08:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm a little surprised at how little respect both TB and NYR were getting during the semis. Hardly anyone gives them a chance and all i kept hearing was "doesn't matter who comes out of the East, the Ducks / Hawks winner will win the cup for sure.". I dunno. Crawford still scares me and TB has some really good offense. I think this series will be rwal good and higher scoring than most cup finals! I'm going with a storybook ending. TBay, game 7 at home and lets say OT just to top it off. T. Johnson with the winner in OT!

Nice prediction. Did you know Alex that if this is in fact to happen, it will be the first time in the NHL history that a game 7 Stanley Cup Final ends in OT? That would be something else!!!

I say Chicago in 5. Experience and leadership prevails. Toews or Keith for the Conn Smythe depending on how the finals go.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  09:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not know that! Actually a little surprised too. So, let's watch some history!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  09:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs/Ryan....It's obviously early, but a road win in game 1 is HUGE. You guys look to have a shot at nailing this one. Tons of pressure on TBay to win game 2 as I can't imagine a long series if they drop the 2 at home to start?

So much for my history making finals. Then again, you just never know......
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2015 :  06:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81
I say Chicago in 5. Experience and leadership prevails. Toews or Keith for the Conn Smythe depending on how the finals go.

looks like this is out the window. awesome series so far! TB has really come to play, I feel like from what I have watched, they really have a shot and I was totally one of those people that said whoever comes out of the West will win.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page