Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Draft predictions Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2015 :  09:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the draft only 5 days away, I thought it'd be cool to do a prediction thread / contest? As usual, top prize with be nothing but pride! With traffic ridiculously slow here on the forum, I thought I'd throw this out there now to give people a full 4+ days to get their picks up.

I believe Slozo did something like this a couple/few years back with the top 5, but with this draft being so deep, I think maybe we shoot for a top 10.

So, if anyone is interested, post their predictions for the top 10 draft picks and feel free to edit them up until Connor McDavid is selected by Edmonton after those no good stinkin' Oilers won the damn draft lottery! I mean, feel free to edit your predictions up until the 1st pick is announced!

(I will post mine later today )

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2015 :  15:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here goes, and remember, editing is ok up until the first pick is announced!

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Strome
4. Marner
5. Hanifin
6. Barzal
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Rantanen
10. Crouse

Extremely unsure of where Barzal goes and he may be the biggest miss here and even could fall outside the top 10? Conversely, Crouse could go 5 or 6? Those two I think will be my biggest misses at this point, unless I edit prior to the draft! Out of what I see as the consensus top 11, Zacha is the one I'm leaving for the Panthers at 11.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2015 :  19:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those gamblers out there, i just checked out the current Vegas odds and so far I'm the far and away betting line favorite to win this draft contest!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2015 :  09:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. mcdavid
2 eichle
3 strome
4 hanifin
5 marner
6 provorov
7 crouse
8 barzal
9 werenski
10 rantanen
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2015 :  14:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAM! My chances of victory, slashed in half!!!

Mandree....may be a smokescreen, but everything I read has the Leafs taking Marner? Not that I'd be at all surprised if Hanifin goes 4 as he's been touted as #1 "in any other year"! There's even been talk of the Leafs liking Provorov more than Hanifin?

Friday's gonna be fun!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2015 :  16:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

WHAM! My chances of victory, slashed in half!!!

Mandree....may be a smokescreen, but everything I read has the Leafs taking Marner? Not that I'd be at all surprised if Hanifin goes 4 as he's been touted as #1 "in any other year"! There's even been talk of the Leafs liking Provorov more than Hanifin?

Friday's gonna be fun!

if they take marner i will be pissed. as good as marner probably is. he is small only 5'11" and 160 pounds. the leafs need a centre with size and if they cant get strome then go for two way defence man that is supposed to be the best in the class...... if the leafs take marner over hanifin i will be cheering for both calgary and colorado next year! lol
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  06:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More and more rumours flying that they want Provorov at 4 and have him ranked ahead of Hanifin? Reminds me of 2012 when Burke claimed he would have taken Reilly at #1 if he had that pick, a move that doesn't seem as crazy today as it did back then, though i still don't believe him.

Very interested to see if anyone moves up or into the top 3-6 as there is tons of talk about teams interested in doing so? I'd be a little surprised only because 3-11 see very close in rankings?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  20:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

1. McDavid..........1st
2. Eicher..............2nd
3. Strome..............3rd
4. Marner.............4th
5. Hanifin.............5th
6. Barzal..............16th? Yikes! (10 off, though I did say he could fall out of the top 10)
7. Provorov..........7th
8. Werenski.........8th
9. Rantanen........10th (one off)
10. Crosse............11th (one off)

Didn't have paved Zacha (6 OA) or Timo Meier (9th OA) in my top 10. Still did pretty good! [pats self on back]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page