Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 McDavid's nasty hit Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2015 :  15:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I'm not sure why I didn't see this till now, but in Edmonton's game vs the Stars last week, Connor McDavid seems to have gotten away with a pretty controversial / dirty hit. I only just read about it today and don't think there was any punishment nor even a "warning" from the league from it, but IMO, there should have been something. It took place right in front of the ref and looked to be boarding for sure. I don't know if "the kid" is already getting preferential treatment or what, but watch the vid and see what you think?

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/other-sports/connor-mcdavid-gets-a-pass-on-dirty-hit/

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  10:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That hit was pretty bad, another example of the receiving player is not injured so there is no consequences. IMO A player should be suspended on the gesture not the results.

There should have been a penalty on the play for sure though.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  21:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a pretty easy boarding call IMHO . . . funny, this is the first I've heard of it.

My first thought is that this was simply missed, and it's a coincidence that it's McDavid. It was behind the play, both refs looking up ice . . . it happens all the time. But who knows?

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  14:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was boarding if ever I saw it! 5 minutes if not a game misconduct!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  17:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

That's a pretty easy boarding call IMHO . . . funny, this is the first I've heard of it.

My first thought is that this was simply missed, and it's a coincidence that it's McDavid. It was behind the play, both refs looking up ice . . . it happens all the time. But who knows?

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

I thought the same thing originally Slozo, that the ref's were looking up ice. However, look at the video again, and it looks to me like the ref is staring directly at the hit! At the 5 second mark of the clip, it looks like he's watching the hit yet still makes no call?

I too was really surprised this wasn't really mentioned much at all. I only just found it the other day when I posted it! I figured, McDavid's an Oiler, he's compared to Gretzky naturally, and now he's already thrown more hits (legal or not) than Gretzky did in his career so I figured it'd be big news!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page