Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Syd where he was expected? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  16:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought he would be hitting his peak at this point in his career but just when injuries and concussions seemed to be the death knell here he is.

http://thehockeywriters.com/sidney-crosby-is-leading-like-never-before/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  10:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you mean to write, "I didn't think he would be hitting his peak at this point in his career . . ."

Because otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

But yes - totally agree with the premise that nobody thought Crosby would be so dominant this season (smallish sample size right now, but still . . . 20 games is large enough to look at) especially after:
- unexpected and glorious Stanley Cup run (usually your motivation takes a wee bit of a hit afterward)
- multiple concussions, especially the most recent one
- 11 NHL seasons at age 29, usually this is a time of declining stats, even for superstars like Crosby*

*especially for GOALS!

Really, it's an incredible (and you'd have to think unsustainable) pace to score a bit under a goal a game pace in 22ish games . . . remarkable.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  11:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I meant is that early in his career I thought he would hit his peak in his late 20's (say around 27) but later injuries caused me and many others to think he would decline.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page