Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Calgary at Deadline (Buyers or Sellers) Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  21:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
This is a team that is hard to figure out. Some good young prospects, goaltending that at times seems good enough and at other times seems weak, with some veteran presence. They seemed destined for the playoff bubble with one foot in and the other out. Should they be buying or selling at this point?

Choices:

Buyers
Sellers
Good Enough as is
Other - Add to comments

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  13:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Justin in another post mentioned Iginla returning? Possible?

If they were sitting a little better I'd say yes, but I think he'll try to go to a contender.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  18:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Iginla coming to Calgary would have much to do with a cup win. If he doesn't find a contender willing to take a chance, Calgary might bring him in to secure his legacy as a retired Flame.

On another note, did anyone realise Monahan is the fastest Flame to 100 goals. I know he was good, but fastest to 100. I had no idea.

If I was the Flames I would be trying to land a Vrbata
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  16:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that Iginla will try for a contender. If he can't find one then he'd choose the Flames (if they're taking him) I'd love to see him retire as a Flame, but would much rather see him get a cup.

I didn't know that about Monahan either, JoshuaCanada - apparently neither did he - he found out in an interview after the game. So he took the honours from Joe Nieuwendyk, and only 5 active players have reached 100 goals younger than he has; Sydney Crosby, Jaromir Jagr, Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos and Patrick Kane. Not bad company.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  19:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wondering about your thoughts on Lazar, Leigh. He pretty much lasted longer in Ottawa for the big club than I thought he would, but don't believe he has nothing to offer. I just don't think he fit well with the new coach system and players in Ottawa. On a team lacking bottom 6 depth he stood out for his poor play and lack of points. Part of me hopes he does well with the new club and you will like his effort and smile. Be prepared for disappointment however.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page