Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 TRADE DEADLINE 2017 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  17:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Predictions anyone??

I think Shattenkirk is going to end up on the Blackhawks as part of a three way trade between St. Louis, Toronto and Chicago. Burrows gets flipped to his hometown of Montreal. Iginla back to the Flames!

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  05:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by just1n

Predictions anyone??

I think Shattenkirk is going to end up on the Blackhawks as part of a three way trade between St. Louis, Toronto and Chicago. Burrows gets flipped to his hometown of Montreal. Iginla back to the Flames!

interesting......how do you see the Shattenkirk trade playing out? you can't just toss out there the possibility of a three-way trade and not explain how it will all break down.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  09:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could see Toronto being in play for Shattenkirk, but if they are Shattenkirk would end up in Toronto not in a 3way to another team. The only way that comes to pass is if Toronto would be able to free up more of there cap space for next season. What would they use that cap space for though? A player just like Shattenkirk.
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  09:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure I can, Gipper! I like to stir the pot for the Leaf fans whenever I can!

I was just BSing on that one. I think Pittsburgh could really use Shattenkirk, but the asking price is high.

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  13:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Justin, I wondered about Iginla back to the Flames (as every Flames fan has wondered since he left) But I don't know if Iggy would do that. I think he still wants a shot at a cup and that's probably not with Calgary this year. Or maybe that's just me, I want him to get a cup more than any other hockey miracle I can think of.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  06:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I could see Toronto being in play for Shattenkirk, but if they are Shattenkirk would end up in Toronto not in a 3way to another team. The only way that comes to pass is if Toronto would be able to free up more of there cap space for next season. What would they use that cap space for though? A player just like Shattenkirk.

I disagree. Trading for Shat would cost assets that TO wouldn't be willing to part with. Especially for a rental. Word is that no matter where he's traded to, Shat is going to go UFA this summer. I doubt Lou and company would pay the price for a rental. Though it wouldn't shock me to see them take a run at him on July 1.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  10:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My guess is Shattenkirk goes last minute, because the initial asking price is too high, and then St Louis will just want to unload him for SOMETHING.

I believe the rumour is that the Blues GM wants a "hockey trade", which would suit a team like the Leafs (or any other) just fine . . . IF they can re-sign him. But that's a big IF.

For some reason, I see him going East - could be Toronto, Rangers, or maybe even Pittsburgh if they could ever fit him in salary-wise (unlikely). Could Montreal be in that mix too? Who knows . . .

I have this feeling that this year there will be some real surprise trades, a couple of big names. Just a gut feeling, but it's largely due to two factors - before the Las Vegas team draft/protection issue; and a bit of a turnover in terms of standard playoff teams this year missing, with new ones getting in.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  15:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of trades now!

Alex Burrows to Ottawa
Dan Boyle to Toronto
Martin Hanzal to Minnesota
Ben Bishop to LA
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  09:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shattenkirk to Washington.

Tomorrow could be a boring day! LOL
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  16:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say the biggest winner was Tampa and the loser was LA. Jerome Iginla is no longer a major pick up.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  18:10:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

I'd say the biggest winner was Tampa and the loser was LA. Jerome Iginla is no longer a major pick up.

Iginla isn't what he used to be, to be fair. But he most definitely has the ability to be a difference maker. I read an article today about what coach Darryl Sutter did for Lecavalier when he joined the Kings - he was re-ignited. Since Iginla and Sutter will be reunited, this could be the spark that Iggy needs. And to make the narrative even more interesting the Kings will be battling the Flames all the way down the stretch, including two head to heads. At the very least, it makes a great story! So good that this Flames fan is almost ready to cheer for the Kings down the stretch (s***! was that out loud? Love the Igster!)
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  11:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm sure Flames fans still have some sentiment for Iginla, privately hoping he will see a ring before his days are done.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2017 :  20:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Yeah, I'm sure Flames fans still have some sentiment for Iginla, privately hoping he will see a ring before his days are done.

As much as I like Iginla, its mostly past tense. Having been live to Calgary's cup run, I felt he would one day win a cup. But I haven't felt that way in years. I would rather at this point see Calgary win the cup. And in my opinion, Iginla would have had as good a shot in Calgary as he does in LA, but the end of his story would have been sweeter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page