Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Which Wild Card Can Win? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2335 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  21:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Ok, so which wild card team has the best shot of upsetting the apple cart and winning their first round match-up?

Choices:

New York Rangers (vs MTL)
Toronto Maple Leafs (vs WSH)
Calgary Flames (vs ANA)
Nashville Predators (vs CHI)

defobust
Top Prospect

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  05:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any of these teams can win...I would say the least likely would be Nashville to beat Chicago but if Pekka Rinne stands on his head even that could happen.

I voted with the Rangers for obvious reasons they had more points than Montreal and seem to be 100% healthy now that McDonagh is back and already scoring.

Sean K
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  10:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary would be my pick in the first round. Chicago may get a scare but should win there 1st round matchup. Washington will probably make quick work of the Leafs and Montreal look strong in the first round, as the Rangers kind of back in not playing anywhere near as well as they started there season.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  20:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to say Calgary but Anaheim has home ice advantage and the Flames haven't won a regular season game there 13 years (and only one or two playoff games, I think) So it doesn't look promising if you're a betting man.

I would have to say NYR vs. Montreal. New York is at least on par with the skill set of MTL. It'll depend upon Lundquist of yesteryear showing up or not. I think it'll be the goaltenders who decide it.

(I don't know if I've ever spelled yesteryear before. Looks funny. Is it even a real word? Anyway.)
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  06:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of those teams to win a first round series I would pick the Rangers because
Lundquist can steal a series for them. Now if the question were which wild card can go all the way and win the Stanley Cup I say none of them!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  13:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think I have ever got 100% wrong before. Calgary was my pick - out in 4. Toronto made Washington pay before they finally out hustled them, which I thought would be an easy out. The Rangers and especially Lundqvist surprised me with the upset. Chicago is easily ousted in the first round, which I thought would be a scare, but a win for Chicago.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 04/24/2017 13:39:53
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  16:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago was my pick to win the Cup. Nashvillle is a very good team, so I guess it shouldn't come as a complete shock that they put out the Hawks. But the way in which they did it has to go down as one of the biggest upsets in recent memory. I don't think anyone could of predicted them being swept in the first round while only scoring 3 goals!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2017 :  19:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Chicago was my pick to win the Cup. Nashvillle is a very good team, so I guess it shouldn't come as a complete shock that they put out the Hawks. But the way in which they did it has to go down as one of the biggest upsets in recent memory. I don't think anyone could of predicted them being swept in the first round while only scoring 3 goals!

Absolutely correct - Chicago out (IN 4!!!) was the biggest upset of the playoffs bar none.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page