Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Anaheim
 California fires - Anaheim Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  20:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you all probably know CA is a sea of fire right now, and the fire is burning the crap out of Santa Ana, which is not far from Anaheim. Anyone heard anything on how this is/will affect the Ducks? I don't think Anaheim's been evacuated yet but Santa Ana has (the heavy winds down there help the fire spread easily). Are they still gonna have games down at their arena in Anaheim, since so many people are leaving and the city is close to a (excuse the pun) hotspot? I haven't seen anything about this on the Ducks' website so I'm assuming all is well, but I just wasn't sure...

And Los Angeles isn't far north from Anaheim either. This fire is burning out of control and is so large that there aren't enough firefighters to combat it! If it spreads any more they could have to evacuate portions of LA and Anaheim. It's burned everything from San Diego to Santa Ana, so it is quite capable of progressing the short distance up to Anaheim. California's entire population is the size of Canada's and moving that many people around isn't pretty.

Do the Ducks/Kings have any kind of plan on what to do if the fire gets up there? I haven't heard a thing.

Sorry this thread ins't directly about hockey, but this is a disaster and I was just curious on what could happen regarding the NHL franchises there.

Guest4719
( )

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  16:25:35  Reply with Quote
http://www.latimes.com/media/graphic/2007-10/33431690.jpg

Map of the fires. Anaheim's not on the map for some reason, but it's a few miles north of Santa Ana.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4719
( )

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  16:27:46  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

^^That was me

The fires aren't in Anaheim, but the smoke is and it's really bad

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic