Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Burkes Blockbuster Deal Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  14:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure hope that we don't get into crazy analysis over such small trades in the future. It is what it is, May brings toughness, leadership, and has always been well liked. Thats what Burke, Wilson, and even May himself said. Also anyone who thinks a conditional 6th round pick is too much for this deal needs to re-evaluate their hockey sense. Lets get a grip, there are going to many deals while the Leafs or any team rebuilds. Some will be great, some will be even steven, some will just plain bomb. I surely hope that all are not so scrutinized especially ones like this, it is just plain lunacy to do so.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0961
( )

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  15:15:53  Reply with Quote
Its probably just because it's the only move he's made. Leaf fans need something to debate right now. They're waiting for the big moves. If this was one of 5 trades made in march, it probably would have been forgotten by now.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  16:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the problem for many Leaf fans is that they were expecting something more substantial for Burke's first move. Not a trade involving an old vet and a 6th rounder. But the reality is that big trades don't happen until closer to the trade deadline when good teams that underperformed fully realize that they are not going to make the playoffs and they want to unload their salaries.

No doubt Burke is trying to bring in some leadership, some toughness with May so consider it an education for the younger guys on the team. I think this is a good move when you consider that he knows the playoffs are completely out of reach now. Remember the lower the finish the higher the pick my friends, so for better or worse he can't lose with May on the roster. Burke is a smart cookie; give him time, he has a plan.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6638
( )

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  16:37:24  Reply with Quote
If Burke can get a higher pick for May at the trade deadline than the pick that was used to acquire May, then definitely good deal Burke.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5521
( )

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  19:13:38  Reply with Quote
"new gm and same old typical leafs trade, giving up a draft pick for a washed up vet, yes may will be a leader and good for the younger players. but he is in the last year of his contract they could have kept the draft pick and just signed may in the off season.............. man i am glad im not a leafs fan "

leafs dont have good scouting haha what are we gonna get for a 6th rounder anyways. we need a veteren who can lead these kids and get them going. the leafs dont have a captain anymore
Go to Top of Page

Guest5521
( )

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  19:16:19  Reply with Quote
porkchop i think you should become a theripist
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  06:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5521

porkchop i think you should become a theripist

Cute, I am just getting a little fustrated with some leaf fans putting up some ridiculous posts not only in this topic but other ones as well. So I wanted throw some common sense out there from a leaf fan. It is just embarassing to be a leaf fan and read some of these. I am true blue through and through but man reading some of these posts by people who say they are leaf fans is driving me crazy, do they have any common sense?

Edited by - Porkchop73 on 01/10/2009 06:12:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page