Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Collectables
 Best hockey card you ever had Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  20:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming most of you collected hockey cards as a lad like i did just wondering what you're prized card is

Mine has to be my mint condition tony esposito rookie card followed closely by my signed bobby orr card from his last season with the black hawks

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  20:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never started collecting cards until the early 90's and never had the money to get after some of the older cards.

I have pretty much any rookie card from the 90-95 generation. Sakic, Lidstrom, Roenick, Bure, Lindros(biggest waste of $40 in my life!!), Forsberg, and the rest. Most of them in mint condition.

I have about 5000 cards from that era. All of them sitting in vacuum seals packaging in a safe deposit box. I'll open that up when I am about 60. I wonder if they will be work anything in 2039??
Go to Top of Page

Tiller33
PickupHockey Pro

389 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  20:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha waste of money was the ones i had to collect post cereal tags for and then send 20 bucks away to get the "special" eric lindros series haha. I remember i got a peter forsberg rookie and a domink hasek rookie for ten cents each at a gargae sale.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  00:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, a good spot for them! I was living at home in my early 20's (with the folks) when their house got broken into. Entire collection got swiped along with 240 cds, etc..... Had 4 Gretzky rookie cards, two in near mint condition. Also had a bunch that you spoke of Beans as i got back into collecting in the early 90's as well. All gone.

Funny ones were the McDonalds cards they sold in 4 packs (i think?). Someone who ran a card shop out here convinced me that those would be valuable someday? I prob had 60 packs unopened and figured i'd be rich of them one day? Prob not worth what i spent on them, but i don't care to know since the greasy crooks who took'em would be the ones benefitting if they are valuable?
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  09:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one of the Jumbo "authentic" Autographed Patrick Roy cards from McDonalds... sold it to a class mate for $20.00. Doubt it was that valuable.

At the time I was collecting Baseball cards, wasn't really into hockey back then.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  15:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Between my brother and I, we have plenty of excellent rookie cards. Including Lemieux, Roy, Esposito, Lindros, etc... the list goes on.

But my favorite, is my man, Raymond Bourque's rookie. :)

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  17:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funniest hockey card storys included Oilers player cards from early 80's. My mom was sick of looking at them sprawled across the floor of my older brothers room and threw them all away. My brother swares he had Gretzky's rookie in the stack she threw away. I also used some of those cards in my bike wheels to make frapping sounds. (I wasn't a hockey fan back then)
Go to Top of Page

grandfarfadet
Top Prospect

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  03:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vincent Lecavalier autographed Oceanic card! He signed it during his last year with Rimouski. He was so courteous that still today, he's one of my favourite player. I still have the card in perfect condition.

John Kordic is the living proof that drugs can kill! -Traduction of a famous Jean Perron sentence
Go to Top of Page

Guest8370
( )

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  06:32:52  Reply with Quote
I have a few vintage Guy Lafleur cards rom the 70's, not sure where i got it from...A Richer rookie from 1986...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page