Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Bryan Bickell Contract Value Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  04:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
his value may just have gone up .........

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  08:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard he was playing with a grade 2 spained knee since the LA series. 17 points in 23 games this post season games. He is being compared to a younger replacement for the aging Dan Cleary, retired Thomas Holmstrom and a younger version of Johan Fransen by sports writers who think he fits in well with Detroits forward group and they should pursue him.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  14:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426458

One more reason to like Bickell. He is reportedly willing to take a home town discount to play again in Chicago. I have no clue what a hometown discount will be for him but would expect a sub $3million offer over 3-4 years, for it to be a discount.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  22:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So much for a discount! 4 year 16M deal! 4m per is not what i'd call a discount, and that's a pretty big penny for a "3rd liner". This guy is definitely getting some of D. Bolland's money!!!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2013 :  22:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

So much for a discount! 4 year 16M deal! 4m per is not what i'd call a discount, and that's a pretty big penny for a "3rd liner". This guy is definitely getting some of D. Bolland's money!!!

That was a surprising amount, I have to say. I agree, clearly Bickell's emergence made Bolland disposable, and I think Bolland is pretty good at what he does. CHI would not sign for that amount without expecting him to be productive in a top-6 role. We'll see how it goes.

Regardless, the cap hole gets deeper and deeper - CHI is going to be in some cap trouble this year, and should be in some significant cap trouble next year.

- this year: 9M to sign 5 more players, Leddy still to be signed
- next year: 20M to sign 14 players, including Crawford and Shaw - Crawford is going to probably get 5M of that alone.

Fun times.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  11:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nux....Chi's situation looks like a breeze compared to that of Pittsburgh moving forward! Lol...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  07:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really surprised at this signing. I think Chicago overpaid and frankly, kept the wrong guy. Again, nothing against Bickell as I think he is a fine player. But Bolland has proven to be able to be a legit 2nd line guy when called upon. I'm still not sold that Bickell will be a 2nd line guy. Also, I think they could have got Bolland for the same deal they got Bickell for. Bickell is the bigger body at 6'4"-230 lbs to 6'0"-205 lbs for Bolland. Both are 27 yrs old. I still think Bolland is a better offensive producer but time will tell.

This will be another 'I told you so" either for me or for the camp who see Bickell as a legit 2nd line guy. He's gonna get his chance and likely with one of the best 2nd lines in hockey. Playing with a combination Hossa and/or Sharp and/or Kane and/or Saad will make it hard for Bickell to fail.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

Guest5052
( )

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  12:14:49  Reply with Quote
I am not so surprised at the terms of the contract, but a little surprised that it was with Chicago.

I may be wrong, but I am not too sure too many people were saying Bickell is or isnt a second line guy, or how good he will be, but rather commenting on the value of his next contract, for better or worse.

he had a very very good playoffs, but this seems like a pretty big gamble by Chicago in atight cap situation.

Makes you wonder what Lecavalier will get.

I like Bolland well enough, althgough the more I saw of hgim, the more i thought he was a third liner, albeit a very good one. I guess we'll see if he gets more of a second line role in Toronto, although regardless he's a good pick up for the leafs.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  13:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5052

I am not so surprised at the terms of the contract, but a little surprised that it was with Chicago.

I may be wrong, but I am not too sure too many people were saying Bickell is or isnt a second line guy, or how good he will be, but rather commenting on the value of his next contract, for better or worse.

he had a very very good playoffs, but this seems like a pretty big gamble by Chicago in atight cap situation.

Makes you wonder what Lecavalier will get.

I like Bolland well enough, althgough the more I saw of hgim, the more i thought he was a third liner, albeit a very good one. I guess we'll see if he gets more of a second line role in Toronto, although regardless he's a good pick up for the leafs.

Agree with everything said here. Surprised by it being Chicago, but the amount and the fact it is in line with 2nd line minutes was pretty much what I figured if he signed elsewhere. To the point of either signing Bolland or Bickell, the post season told you all the story you needed to know about this signing. Bolland was there for the winning goal, but Bickell got them in a position to win.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page