Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 BEST SLAPSHOT Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  05:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure what you are on about there foolpittier, but . . . your post did draw my attention to the now edited/deleted posts between ludakyle and 50Brent.

All offensive posts with nothing hockey related have been deleted. Please keep it clean folks, and for you kids out there - stay in school.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4306
( )

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  22:35:01  Reply with Quote
Best Slapshot??

Definitely the first one with Paul Newman!

The sequels were terrible! Especially Slap Shot 2 (Breaking The Ice)! Stephen Baldwin and Gary Busey were horrible!

Slap Shot 3 (The Junior League) was just as bad. Even Leslie Nielsen couldn't save this bad flick. Mark Messier and Doug Gilmour provided cameo appearances, which I'm sure they regret!

So hands down, the first Slap Shot is by far the best of the three movies!!
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  17:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Not sure what you are on about there foolpittier, but . . . your post did draw my attention to the now edited/deleted posts between ludakyle and 50Brent.

All offensive posts with nothing hockey related have been deleted. Please keep it clean folks, and for you kids out there - stay in school.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

just take alook at jason garrisons stats this year. all pp goals are slappers. % wise he is better then some of these guy's on the list.

i on knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2691
( )

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  12:45:20  Reply with Quote
The 3 best of all time are not even on the list. In no particular order:

Bobby Hull
Al MacInnis
Al Iafrate

After these 3, maybe someone from the list.

This is like having a list of the best offensive players of all time and not having Lemieux or Gretzky on it.
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  12:46:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The inventor of the slapshot Boom Boom Geoffrion.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest9103
( )

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  05:10:11  Reply with Quote
quote:
The best all time are...

Al MacInnis late 106's mph
Al Iafrete 108ish mph
Bobby Hull 119ish mph

The best current, but do not even compete with the all time bests...

Sheldon Souray early 106's mph
Zdeno Chara 105ish mph

Where'd this info come from? When Iafrate set the record, he did so with 105.2. Chara then broke it with 105.4 and eventually 105.9.

There's (unconfirmed) rumours of a Bobby Hull 118, but I doubt it... Particularly when you consider they were still on wooden sticks and how no one else is even relatively close. The recognized world record is some guy called Kulyash in the KHL with 110.3.

Go to Top of Page

Guest5091
( )

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  05:15:32  Reply with Quote
I'd vote MacInnis in the combined Power+Accuracy category but I was pleasantly surprised by Spezza at the Sens skill competition this year. He blasted it for 103.8 and also got 4 out of 4 in accuracy.

Of course, the accuracy competition isn't done with slap shots. His slap shot accuracy is horrendous.
Go to Top of Page

Lee Marshall
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  07:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Al's...Iafrate and McInnis...could both let 'er RIP. No doubt about it. Sometimes...back on the blueline...they had a little more time to set it up and let 'er go.

But the hardest slapshots EVER came from the Hulls...Bobby and Dennis. In THAT era...the game was more wide open at times...and they had time to carry the puck, pick up speed and then completely step into it. The added velocity from their moving with the puck gave them 10 - 15 MORE mph than we generally see today.

Another guy who could really hammer a slap shot was the Big M. I remember one night in Toronto the Leafs were playing Detroit. Frank hit one as hard as he ever had. Terry Sawchuck got his glove on it. The force, weight and speed of the puck almost ripped Sawchuk's catching glove off and the puck easily continued on out of the glove and into the net. Mahovlich might well be in the all-time top 6 or 7 and, like Bobby and Dennis should most definitely be included on the choices list.

This is like a best songs of all-time poll. If it only includes what the listener knows...well... sometimes THAT doesn't go back any where near far enough to be valid.

As for wooden sticks versus today's version[s]...I don't think that the difference is as much as it's cracked up to be. As a matter of fact if I was a coach NO defenceman on my team would use a composite stick...except in a shootout. And NO ONE killing a penalty would have one out on the ice. They break too easily and suddenly you're 2 or 3 men down.

And while we're at it...no one would be wearing those mini gloves either. Gotta protect the wrists.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.

Edited by - Lee Marshall on 03/06/2012 08:01:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page