Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Worst Fans In Canada Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  17:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest, Canucks fans leave before games out of hand as much as anyone else...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  17:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

there should probably be some sort of rule that you can't trash talk until your team has won a game in the regular season...or has scored a goal...or has won a fight. Some sort of quality control.

So does this mean I can talk enough smack for 3 people??

Kidding.

And I agree, most every NHL team has fans that will leave the game early if it's a blowout. Vancouver is not immune to this.

But Vancouver fans(for the most part) are great big jerko's.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  17:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you guys made sense of that last guest post, cuz i sure couldn't? All i got out of it was that he/she is a Canuck's fan?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  23:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

But Vancouver fans(for the most part) are great big jerko's.

Tuesday. 3pm. Schoolyard, out by the swingset. And I'm bringin' Alex too!

Go to Top of Page

Guest9469
( )

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  08:56:26  Reply with Quote
Montreal fans by a long shot! Why? Here are but a few reasons:

- Biggest bandwagon fans on the planet. Don't believe me? Pay close attention when they have losing seasons.
- Boo their team at a drop of a hat. Poor Carey Price. Did they not call him Jesus Price a few years ago?
- Boo other team players for no reason!
- Boo National Anthems.
- Make fun of their hall of famers. Ex.: Chanting Carbo! Carbo! when Gainy was behind the bench. But of course, Gainy was suddenly a genius last year when they went to the semis.
- Arrogance. They think it is their right to win the cup.
- Ole Ole Ole. WTF?

And on and on.......
Go to Top of Page

Guest5806
( )

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  09:15:23  Reply with Quote
Vancouver hands down
Go to Top of Page

Guest5806
( )

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  12:28:07  Reply with Quote
canucks fans are phonies
Go to Top of Page

Guest9984
( )

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  01:54:07  Reply with Quote
I'm interested to know why Beans has such a hate-on for Vancouver. I go to Vancouver home games quite often (a family friend has season tickets) and I don't see this rampant, terrible behaviour/attitude that everyone seems to be talking their mouths off about. Sure, you can isolate incidents like riots and such, but those generally happen when a couple people get upset and then it spreads and it becomes not about the team or the fans anymore, but about a mob mentality. That has nothing to do with the "everday" attitude of the fanbase, which I believe is quite amicable.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  07:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely right!! I am biased and have admitted it on several occasions. I dislike the Canucks and everything about them, including their ‘bad’ fans. I say ‘bad’ fans as for the most part it is the smallest portion of any fan base which makes the entire group look foolish. Although, 20,000 people chanting their goalies name when he makes a routine save or stops the puck behind the next gets old incredibly fast. I also hold true that singing the anthem was resurrected in recent years by Oiler fans, but I understand why Canucks fans feel compelled to sing part of the anthem from that moronic opera singer that Van has hired to sing. He is gross.

However, in recent days I have come to terms with the fact that Edmonton truly does have the worst fans. As posters on here prove over and over again, I firmly believe I am the lone Oiler fan with objectivity and a firm perception of the real world.

I wish all Oiler fans were like me.....
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  09:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Absolutely right!! I am biased and have admitted it on several occasions. I dislike the Canucks and everything about them, including their ‘bad’ fans. I say ‘bad’ fans as for the most part it is the smallest portion of any fan base which makes the entire group look foolish. Although, 20,000 people chanting their goalies name when he makes a routine save or stops the puck behind the next gets old incredibly fast. I also hold true that singing the anthem was resurrected in recent years by Oiler fans, but I understand why Canucks fans feel compelled to sing part of the anthem from that moronic opera singer that Van has hired to sing. He is gross.

However, in recent days I have come to terms with the fact that Edmonton truly does have the worst fans. As posters on here prove over and over again, I firmly believe I am the lone Oiler fan with objectivity and a firm perception of the real world.

I wish all Oiler fans were like me.....

Thank you for finally admitting it!

The opera singer is gross!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  10:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Mark Donnelly. And seriously, the man can sing... also, bonus points for having the Odds play at your home games.

quote:

I firmly believe I am the lone Oiler fan with objectivity and a firm perception of the real world

The fact that you cheer for the Oilers makes me question your firm perception of the real world
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  12:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean thank you for finally admitting it? I never denied it??

And Nux, if you think that fella can sing, you and I must both have a perception different than reality.

But at least we can both watch a video and see a headshot.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  18:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

What do you mean thank you for finally admitting it? I never denied it??

I'm a little new here!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  18:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im from winnipeg and i think that oiler fans ditch there team first and montreal fans are hardest on their players
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  19:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the leafs fans are the stupidest
the canadiens fans are the most passionate
the sens fans are the least passionate
the canucks are the most arrogant
the flames fans like Iginla too much
us oiler fans are just awesome

Go OILERS Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  19:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

the leafs fans are the stupidest
the canadiens fans are the most passionate
the sens fans are the least passionate
the canucks are the most arrogant
the flames fans like Iginla too much
us oiler fans are just awesome

Go OILERS Go!!!

All but the one about the Oilers being awesome are correct.

With the username I have, I should know a thing or two about awesome things with my name!

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  22:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, as far as i've seen, never denies disliking the Canucks and admits this bias when discussing them. I'll give him that much!

And Beans, as far as our anthem singer, how can you not love a guy with a cumberbund big enough to double as a car seat cover? All kidding aside, i don't mind him overall, but let's face it, he's just an anthem singer and ANY anthem singer who can get a crowd involved (especially in Canada), is pretty good in my mind!

Having said that, i'd be willing to vote us Canucks fans as worst if it means keeping "nuxsux" from making one of his quarterly appearances here?

Edited by - Alex116 on 11/07/2010 22:22:27
Go to Top of Page

Guest8683
( )

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  00:16:08  Reply with Quote
It HAS to be Montreal! Those idiots will burn down their own city at playoff time, win or lose. At the beginning of the season, they all booed Price. Now he's their hero. Bunch of no-mind idiots.
Go to Top of Page

Awesome One
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
505 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  05:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to admit it, but I have a dislike for four Canadian teams.

Montreal gets clouded by their old traditions and can't admit they haven't won a cup since 1993.

Vancouver fans are disrespectful ie: Laser pointer, Green people (although they are hilarious!).

I am a Flames fan so Edmonton just naturally seems horrid to me.

And Toronto is just Toronto!

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  08:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Vancouver fans are disrespectful ie: Laser pointer, Green people (although they are hilarious!).

oh come on! How can you not like 2 dudes in head-to-toe green leotard dancing right outside the visiting player's penalty box? Thats just good hockey fun, I love those guys!

For those of you that haven't seen this little slice of Vancouver awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ICMRAUEoE
Go to Top of Page

Guest8701
( )

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  10:01:24  Reply with Quote
Ottawa has the worst fans, Don't seel out allow their captain to get booed at home whenever the leafs vist.

Hands down Leaf fans are the best. Not the ones who can afford to go to the ACC but the ones who traverl to OTT MTL and BUFF and take over the rink!

No other fanbase can / does do that regularly
Go to Top of Page

TheRC
Rookie

105 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  11:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cite poor Toronto fans all you want, just don't forget that very few "fans" get the good seats at the ACC. A huge portion of the lower bowl seats are owned by corporations and filled on a nightly basis with jerks who are there to cement business deals and would rather spend the first 10 minutes of each period eating sushi rather than watching the game. It is absolutely dead down there, and I much prefer sitting up high where the tickets are still outrageously priced, but at least start to fall within the price range of the sort of fan who doesn't mind swilling beer and shouting all game long.

Considering who owns a lot of the season tickets at the ACC, the impressive thing isn't that the Leafs sell out every game no matter what, despite the fact that the team hasn't won anything for decades, it's the fact that they could probably double or triple the arena capacity and there would still be people who want tickets but couldn't buy them at the gate.

Add that to the fact that those true Leaf fans who can't afford the disgusting ACC prices (further marked up by scalpers) flood the arenas in Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo and even Florida whenever their team hits the road, I'd say those are pretty good fans.

Sure you have the morons who jump on and off the bandwagon, and talk up every mediocre addition to the team as if he were going to single-handedly win the cup, but that's just what happens when you mix passion and an IQ below 85.

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail"
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  01:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which Canadian city has the worst fans??

This has to be the biggest troll topic ever! This was probably posted by some American from Phoenix or Atlanta or whichever other city is having attendance problems at the moment. He has his feet up on the empty seat in front of him and his laptop on the empty seat beside him and he's laughing his butt off while reading your posts.

Canadian fans rock!!! If you don't believe that, go to any city in the country where Team Canada is playing! End of story.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  03:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8701

Ottawa has the worst fans, Don't seel out allow their captain to get booed at home whenever the leafs vist.

Hands down Leaf fans are the best. Not the ones who can afford to go to the ACC but the ones who traverl to OTT MTL and BUFF and take over the rink!

NEVER have leaf fans ever taken over the Montreal's rink never in my life time.... can i repeat myself NEVER EVER NEVER! the Bell center is a sea of red when the habs play period...

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  09:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8701

NEVER have leaf fans ever taken over the Montreal's rink never in my life time.... can i repeat myself NEVER EVER NEVER! the Bell center is a sea of red when the habs play period...

Pasty

Pasty....that's what many Leaf fans believe about a lot of opposing rinks. I hear their claims all the time here when we play them. "Us Leaf fans were louder, blah, blah, blah". I will admit, the Leafs have a huge following here but it's certainly not many making the commute from TO to take over our arena! Not with the cost of air travel in our own freakin' country (that's another topic i should avoid cuz it drives me nuts). While often during Leaf games here, you do hear "go Leafs go" chants momentarily, they're almost immediately drowned out by the Vancouver fans. It'd be almost impossible for there to be more Leaf fans here than Canuck fans at a Vancouver Canucks game!
BTW, same goes with the Habs fans here. There are thousands of them and they def make their presence felt when the Habs are in town!
Thing is, it's not that surprising. My Dad's a huge Montreal fan, but born and raised here. He didn't have the Canucks as a kid and chose to follow the Habs because of that. I cheered for them as well growing up but eventually took to the Canucks. Makes sense that there'd be many Montreal and TO fans here for similar reasons!

Edited by - Alex116 on 11/09/2010 13:24:56
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  14:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO, all hockey fans are pretty weak when it comes to the regular season.

I think all Canadian teams rock the house during the playoffs, though.

If anyone is interested, here's a youtube clip of how real fans-and I mean fans in the sense of "fanatics"- act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMY6Au6e9Ak&feature=related

The clip is of a Polish soccer team's fans in Warsaw. The stadium holds about 33,609, so average for a soccer(football stadium). So imagine half the intensity for a comparison to an NHL game, and I think it still beats any NHL cheering.

The thing that is crazy about the clip is that they are attending a charity game! Though they don't do the flags and murals things often, they do chant like that at most games.

Can you imagine if an NHL game would have people cheering like that?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page